Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow OGT: Nov 11 Magic (2-5) @ Raptors (6-1)

http://www.nba.com/games/20141111/ORLTOR/gameinfo.html

The Toronto Raptors have been sharp offensively on the way to the top of the Eastern Conference, but it's their effort on the defensive end that has keyed some easy victories at home.

As they look to extend the best start in team history, the Raptors will try to open 5-0 in Toronto for the first time in 11 years as they continue a seven-game homestand against the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night.

Toronto (6-1) is averaging an NBA-best 107.4 points after shooting a season-high 56.6 percent in Sunday's 120-88 home win over Philadelphia. The Raptors moved alone atop the conference for the first time in their 20-year history.

"They are one of the best teams in the East right now," 76ers guard Tony Wroten said.

DeMar DeRozan needs 21 points to pass Andrea Bargnani for third on the Raptors' all-time list. He hit 8 of 12 from the field and all eight free-throw attempts against the 76ers for 24 points.

DeRozan totaled 52 in two meetings with the Magic last season.

While Toronto has been solid offensively in all arenas, the club has been at its best defensively on its own floor.

The Raptors are allowing 103.0 points and 49.3 percent shooting on the road, but have limited their last three home opponents to 86.7 and 41.3.

They held Philadelphia to 37.9 percent from the floor, keeping a team below 40.0 for the second straight game.

"It feels good to start good like this," center Jonas Valanciunas said. "We've got to do this every game."

Toronto, seeking its best home start since going 5-0 in 2003, faces an Orlando team that has scored 90.3 per game while dropping three of four on the road.

The Magic (2-5) have also averaged 90.0 points during an eight-game losing streak to Toronto and have reached 100 four times while going 2-29 in their last 31 on the road.

Both road wins in that span have come against the woeful 76ers on Feb. 26 and on Wednesday.

The Magic were outrebounded 45-31 in a 104-96 loss at Brooklyn on Sunday as they failed to win a third straight. The Raptors held a 50-40 rebounding edge in a 108-95 win at Orlando on Nov. 1.

"A lot of times, rebounding is position, your early work," coach Jacque Vaughn said Sunday. "I think we can continue to address that and take care of that."

Toronto, among the NBA leaders with 33.9 free-throw attempts per game, went 38 of 48 at the line in the first meeting while the Magic were 12 of 24. DeRozan and Kyle Lowry combined to hit 17 of 21 shots and score 47 points as the Raptors overcame a 4-of-21 effort from 3-point range.

Lowry has totaled 61 points while sinking 10 of 16 from beyond the arc in his last two home meetings with the Magic.

Orlando's Nikola Vucevic is averaging career highs of 18.6 points and 12.3 rebounds after scoring a season-high 27 on Sunday.

Evan Fournier led the Magic with 18 points Nov. 1 and is off to a surprising start with a career-high 16.0 per game while filling in for Victor Oladipo (facial fracture).

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: OGT: Nov 11 Magic (2-5) @ Raptors (6-1)

Another guaranteed W

Can't take the foot off the pedal now. Gotta take care of business at home...

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Another guaranteed W
    4 posts away from 10k. Walk with me, talk with me...

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Can't wait for the Raptors to actually begin the season. They have been playing D-League teams for the first 8 games of the season. Anyways, Lowry has looked good and overall, the Raptors have been playing quality basketball. Casey is a solid coach as well. Will catch a glimpse of this game and hopefully some quality basketball comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Can't take the foot off the pedal now. Gotta take care of business at home...
    I don't think were going to see them take the foot off a lot this season. It could be just like what we saw Sunday night, no starter reaches 30+minutes.

easy win

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Can't wait for the Raptors to actually begin the season. They have been playing D-League teams for the first 8 games of the season.
    Nets haven't really faced anyone better than the Raptors have.

Can't wait for the Raptors to actually begin the season. They have been playing D-League teams for the first 8 games of the season. Anyways, Lowry has looked good and overall, the Raptors have been playing quality basketball. Casey is a solid coach as well. Will catch a glimpse of this game and hopefully some quality basketball comes of it.
    DC has definitely exceeded my expectations as a coach but I'm still tentative about his ability to take this team to the next step. I'm not saying he can't be the guy do so either. I'm just not entirely sold yet...

Trumped the Wizards and beating the Celtics wasn't easy without Amir and Jonas.

But yeah, it's been A pretty easy schedule. I think you would have liked to know, DeMar looks a lot better with his handle this season. He was working out with an elite dribbling coach to get more comfortable this season as a top scoring option. Definitely improved on how to attack the basket His 3 ball on the other hand... it's either what it is or he's going to be selective to when to use it.

By the way, when you get a chance... let me know what you think about this post I just posted on the Nets forum: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=27

Quote Originally Posted by Bcogswell
    Nets haven't really faced anyone better than the Raptors have.
    Wasn't bashing the Raptors but the Nets will be facing some very tough opponents for the next two weeks. They could really lose each of those games so we'll see what the Nets are made of very soon. Maybe Joe's recent comments light a fire or something, who knows?

Ross for three

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Trumped the Wizards and beating the Celtics wasn't easy without Amir and Jonas.

But yeah, it's been A pretty easy schedule. I think you would have liked to know, DeMar looks a lot better with his handle this season. He was working out with an elite dribbling coach to get more comfortable this season as a top scoring option. Definitely improved on how to attack the basket His 3 ball on the other hand... it's either what it is or he's going to be selective to when to use it.

By the way, when you get a chance... let me know what you think about this post I just posted on the Nets forum: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=27
    I think he is very upset that he had 10 points in the first quarter of the last game and finished the game with only 13 points. I think most of his frustration is stemming from the fact that he felt the Nets should have blown the Magic out of the gym. Joe had to be re-inserted into the game late into the fourth quarter and he seemed very upset by that.
    As far as his statements about the Nets selfishness, that's a bit confusing because the Nets are one of the best offensive teams in the NBA. Their assist numbers are a bit low but all the other offensive numbers are stellar. However, the defensive numbers are middle-of-the-pack and that's where the miscommunication is happening. Brook needs to get his soft ass to become a defensive anchor for this team.
    The problem has not been offense for the Nets. It's been defense. The defense has been very weak for the most part and it's been the interior defense. I think Joe is taking a shot at Lopez.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Who is the Raptors commentators (or whoever is doing the game on NBAtv)? That one guy sounds like a younger Bill Raftery.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

I like that there running but when it's 1 on 3 slow it down.

Pretty ugly start