Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose: It's not about this year

So people are saying Rose isn't "leaving everything on the floor" now? hahah. I thought the thing was, "Rose goes too hard and it's going to end his career early" for a while there. Oh sports fans, the bipolar is strong with you.

Rose can never be accused of not trying to win when he's physically capable. He just went through quite the mental and physical ordeal with his knee injuries. What you're seeing is a man who believed himself invincible coming to terms with his vulnerability. What he's saying is that he will not risk putting himself out there when he shouldn't even be playing basketball, lest he pay for it with something permanently debilitating.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    So people are saying Rose isn't "leaving everything on the floor" now? hahah. I thought the thing was, "Rose goes too hard and it's going to end his career early" for a while there. Oh sports fans, the bipolar is strong with you.

Rose can never be accused of not trying to win when he's physically capable. He just went through quite the mental and physical ordeal with his knee injuries. What you're seeing is a man who believed himself invincible coming to terms with his vulnerability. What he's saying is that he will not risk putting himself out there when he shouldn't even be playing basketball, lest he pay for it with something permanently debilitating.
    He's a bum and his contract is the biggest joke in the history of sports.

Rose is a very very very fragile human, physically and especially mentally. He's just not meant for the jungle of the NBA.

The weak don't survive. RIP Derrick.... your 2011 campaign was the highlight of your career and your life.

people are being to critical of rose. Hes misunderstood here, or he misspoke. all he is saying is that hes looking to stay healthy long term than just to go all out for the year because he knows he doesnt have any longevity with that kind of all out style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

Rose is a very very very fragile human, physically and especially mentally. He's just not meant for the jungle of the NBA.

The weak don't survive. RIP Derrick.... your 2011 campaign was the highlight of your career and your life.
    I disagree. For obvious reasons. There will be more to come from Rose.

How this guy has any fans at all is beyond me. Can you imagine if Lebron had said something like this? This thread would already by 25 pages long, but since Rose is irrelevant nobody cares.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    How this guy has any fans at all is beyond me. Can you imagine if Lebron had said something like this? This thread would already by 25 pages long, but since Rose is irrelevant nobody cares.

He's not irrelevant. That's what probably urkes you so much.

He's one of the most popular players in the league. One that gets MVP chants in a ton of arenas. One that gets the oohs and aahs no matter where he's playing. But stay sad and parhetic. Its what you do best troll.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

Its the Lion that wakes up one day and says I'm going to prove myself as the youngest ever, most valuable piece in the jungle and then does it. Its the sheep that resents it.
    Its pretty obvious why Lebron would get more attention if he said that... Its because Lebron had twice quit on his team when totally healthy.

Local High School Star

Mamba mentality: every year, every game counts

The jimmies rustled is strong with this one

Not even a rose guy but playing through injuries is probably what cost him his acl injury. He had a ton of small nagging injuries in 2011-12, mostly hamstrings iirc but Rose is a guy that shouldn't play out of alignment in general. He is a gifted athlete and his play style is too aggressive to go out with minor hiccups because they can develop into major issues down the road.
    Last edited by MMM; 11-12-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Bulls fan can key into this more than me but I'm 99% sure that all his lower leg injuries in 2011-12 contributed to his ACL injury.
    Last edited by MMM; 11-12-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    people are being to critical of rose. Hes misunderstood here, or he misspoke. all he is saying is that hes looking to stay healthy long term than just to go all out for the year because he knows he doesnt have any longevity with that kind of all out style of play.

This. Like you said either he misspoke or was misunderstood, but For him saying he's "being smart", it surely wasn't very smart to say this. These words will be taken out of context and criticized.

Honestly it's a shitty situation. On one hand, I don't blame the guy, no one asks for injuries and Rose has god-given talent that few have. If anyone doesn't believe he'd rather be out there uninjured, tearing up the league, they're crazy. But there is life after sports and if you're 43 and can hardly walk due to bad knees, no one gives a **** about you and your former pro career for the most part.

At the same time I can empathize with Chicago fans that this guy has been paid tons of money to put his body on the line, for better or worse.

Going through his injury history he was mainly healthy until 2012. Then was hit with multiple lower body injuries and apparently he was rushed back from his first injury. He than went on to having toe, groin and back issues before blowing his ACL. Not sure but i remember him having hamstring issues as well.

Banned

thiss n*gga aint from chiraq BRUH
    BITCH ASS NIKKA DAWG

You don't live forever D-Rose. What are you saving it for.? You're in the prime of your life to find success and provide for your family. Your a professional athlete the injuries come with the territory. Smarten up. Or man up for that matter.