Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Derrick Rose: It's not about this year

"I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I'm] just learning and being smart."
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...ng-term-health

Great to see that he can see the big picture.

Default Re: Derrick Rose: It's not about this year

Ain't got the killer instinct. Not the chosen one. you are a good human being rose but we will have to wait for the next kobe

So, seems like he's kinda giving up. Hard to blame him, it must be frustrating to see your own body breaking down when you have so much talent.

Banned

As much as he is right that players should be worried about their post career health at the same time that sounds like he should have never become a basketballer. He's been paid an insane amount of money to give it 100% and to put his body on the line. Soldiers can't sign up, go to war, then say **** it I don't want to get hurt and just cruise through a campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    As much as he is right that players should be worried about their post career health at the same time that sounds like he should have never become a basketballer. He's been paid an insane amount of money to give it 100% and to put his body on the line. Soldiers can't sign up, go to war, then say **** it I don't want to get hurt and just cruise through a campaign.
    Spot on

Nice username, OP

Dunking on everybody in the park

nor is Rose risking getting a bullet through his head

idiotic comment

this guy just had 2 major knee surgeries that held him out from age 23-26....
    I expect him to be thinking big picture
    and Rose giving his 100% effort is never a problem
    this is a guy who would be in tears after losing an AAU game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Spot on
    It's one thing if the doctors are rushing him back but if it's himself worrying about how he will feel when he's old than he picked the wrong profession.

It's one thing if the doctors are rushing him back but if it's himself worrying about how he will feel when he's old than he picked the wrong profession.
    This. So much contrast between what he just said and what Steve Nash said the other day. You become a basketball player to leave everything on the floor, even your post retirement health.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

this dude cannot seriously be a chitown product with that talk

5-time NBA All-Star

Rose plays hard all the time and stills drives as much as any player, and still does harder cuts than any player. If he is playing conservative, and still going as much as _________ (said player) then what is it saying about the league.

Derrick Rose aint about that life

Rose is set though. He signed that max contract and that big Adidas contract as well. MVP trophy in the bag. He has made his money, he can play basketball on his own terms now.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

The ****?

How many injuries did Kobe play through? How many injuries did Iverson play through? Nash's had back injuries throughout his career and he gave everything he had until he was like 40 years old. Wtf did Rose do? Sit on the bench and watch his team get eliminated from the playoffs because he has muscle memory problems?

Remember when Yao injured his leg and begged his coach to let him play? Hell, he was practicing free throws in a ****ing wheel chair when he went down. That's love and passion for the game.

This ****ing guy.

If he doesn't wanna get injured again, he can change his play style. Work on his 3, working on his mid range jumper, work on his passing, instead of whining like a over-privileged bitch.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Rose plays hard all the time and stills drives as much as any player, and still does harder cuts than any player. If he is playing conservative, and still going as much as _________ (said player) then what is it saying about the league.
    This. Even though I don't particularly like the sentiment of Rose's comments, I don't see him slacking off in his play on the court. As long as the effort is there on the court - and he doesn't sit out of games for any run of the mill ache or pain - I don't care what he says. Actions speak louder than words. I'd rather have Rose healthy and playing hard now. This is the Bulls year, if everyone stays healthy and jells, they've got a great opportunity to win it all.