Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving smoking pot celebration

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    If they truly do smoke it, and on the regular, you can see why they've failed to take the next step in the league. Marijuana makes people complacent and stunts mental and emotional growth.
    F*ck outta here with that Dr. Drew sh*t. It's God's medicine, gets rid of those aches and pains so these boys can play their best. I don't know how NFL players (for the most part) don't smoke during the season. That would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier
    F*ck outta here with that Dr. Drew sh*t. It's God's medicine, gets rid of those aches and pains so these boys can play their best. I don't know how NFL players (for the most part) don't smoke during the season. That would be a nightmare.
    Weed can have a negative effect on you mentally and it can make you lazy if you abuse it too much, anyone that's been through the stoner phase knows this. People who are deep in it don't even realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    If they truly do smoke it, and on the regular, you can see why they've failed to take the next step in the league. Marijuana makes people complacent and stunts mental and emotional growth.
    Yeah this is horribly wrong. If you are healthy and grounded it's not going to stunt mental or emotional growth. Weed DOES have the danger to kill ambition if left unchecked, or if you hang out with a bunch of go-nowhere lazy stoners. But if your friend group is motivated and works hard, it isn't gonna be weed that kills your ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier
    This too is wrong. Weed is NOT a performance enhancing drug no matter how much you want it to be

No seriously there isn't anything wrong with a blunt from time to time (or even daily if that's your thing) and I know, I know, everyone has a story where they got really baked that one time and hit 8 3s in a game and couldn't miss. But weed isn't a performance enhancer at anything besides Halo and eating competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Love was lookin around to check if anyone was lookin

I hope Snoop is part of the recruitment team.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This too is wrong. Weed is NOT a performance enhancing drug no matter how much you want it to be
    Anyone remember Ross Rebagliati? The Canadian snowboarder that won a gold medal in the 1998 winter olympics but had it taken away from him when they found weed in his system.

Anyone that can barrel down a mountain at high speed while stoned and win gold..... deserves ANOTHER MEDAL.
    Last edited by kamil; 11-11-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Weed can have a negative effect on you mentally and it can make you lazy if you abuse it too much, anyone that's been through the stoner phase knows this. People who are deep in it don't even realize it.
    In what ways mentally?

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Adam Silver is gonna fine the shit out of them...UNLESS they were in Colorado. Then, no fine.
    I'll only fine them if this makes rounds in the press.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

My initial reaction was that it did look like a weed thing, but I couldn't understand why they would do that on the court in front of thousands of people in the arena and potentially millions of people watching on TV. I thought there had to be some other explanation.

Turns out, there is. It's a Movember thing, not a weed thing.

Jason Lloyd:

#Cavs clarify Kyrie/Love handshake last night. They are "sharpening the end of an imaginary mustache" at end of the exchange. Nothing else
    FYI: I've seen the gif. I know it looks incriminating. But I've also seen Love do the mustache thing myself before up close. Moving on...
    https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/st...11310134820865

Once again when it comes to everything with this team, nothing much to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    My initial reaction was that it did look like a weed thing, but I couldn't understand why they would do that on the court in front of thousands of people in the arena and potentially millions of people watching on TV. I thought there had to be some other explanation.

Turns out, there is. It's a Movember thing, not a weed thing.

Jason Lloyd:

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/st...11310134820865

Once again when it comes to everything with this team, nothing much to see here.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

mustache sharpening?

Cavs should have just not said anything at all.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    mustache sharpening?

Cavs should have just not said anything at all.
    To believe that Love and Kyrie are doing a mock "smoking weed" gesture is to believe (1) Jason Lloyd is a liar and (2) they're both total morons. Lloyd said that he has seen the "twisting mustache" thing in person prior to this clip hitting the interwebs and that it was, indeed, the mustache twist.

And, I just don't think they're that stupid. These guys could smoke all the weed they want and I couldn't care less. But, to flaunt it in the middle of the court immediately following a game when they know the cameras are on them? Doesn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    (2) they're both total morons.
    Sounds about right?

NBA lottery pick

What the big deal? They pretended to smoke pot. They are pretending to play defense for years.

I got high AF one time with Kevin Love.

It's nice to see Love having a personality.