Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Hayward

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Gordon Hayward

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    They need to start Exum over Burke. Exum gets Hayward the ball.
    Burke has too much of a green light.

Hayward needs to check him.

Banned

19/6/5 = kobe 1998-99 at age 15

meh

edit*... well i guess its good if you compare it to prime tim duncan

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

He looks like a little boy. I love him.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Burke has too much of a green light.

Hayward needs to check him.
    That's why they should start Exum. He plays within the offense, within his capabilities. He makes the play that needs to be made rather than the play he wants to. Sometimes that is as simple as a drive and kick to Hayward. Let Burke come off the bench and give him the green light with the second unit.

That's why they should start Exum. He plays within the offense, within his capabilities. He makes the play that needs to be made rather than the play he wants to. Sometimes that is as simple as a drive and kick to Hayward. Let Burke come off the bench and give him the green light with the second unit.
    Burke would probably implode.

Oh well.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

I still can't get over that final shot against Duke in the NC. A couple inches, and it would've been one of the greatest ever

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    I still can't get over that final shot against Duke in the NC. A couple inches, and it would've been one of the greatest ever
    I would say THE greatest ever.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    He needs to reunite with his college coach on the Celtics.
    I agree. You have 16.5 million in salaries that the Jazz would want?

Burke would probably implode.
    I think he might excel as a 6th man. Right now they pull Gordon or Burks early in the game so one of them can come back with the 2nd unit. Could let them play and let Burke lead the 2nd unit.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I agree. You have 16.5 million in salaries that the Jazz would want?

I think he might excel as a 6th man. Right now they pull Gordon or Burks early in the game so one of them can come back with the 2nd unit. Could let them play and let Burke lead the 2nd unit.
    I'm guessing you're not a Hayward fan?

Exum's +/- with the starters in Burke's place has been excellent but I think they're doing the right thing by not starting him. Burke's biggest problem right now is that he can't find his shot, and it's building off what was an issue last season. He's not a full time starter in this league but he can be average and Snyder is right about stating him ahead of Exum right now, especially since the Jazz aren't a playoff team. Exum has been great in his role and has been deserving more minutes but he's still 19 and the worst thing is putting too much on his plate and overwhelming him. Granted it wouldn't surprise me if Exum is starting by the all star break if Burke's shooting woes continue. But Exum's undoubtedly the future and their core with him, Hayward, and Favors is going to be awesome with Snyder growing as a coach.

On the point at hand, Hayward is really really good. People talking what option he would be on some hypothetical contending team are really overlooking the point here and missing out on an emerging multi-tool star. To look at the threads about Hayward around this time last season and look how down people were on him last and compare that to how's he's playing this season. I wish people here could just enjoy how good players like Hayward are because he's been a joy to watch so far (as the Jazz have been as a whole).

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    He looks like a little boy. I love him.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaroundJ
    I'm guessing you're not a Hayward fan?
    Big fan as I am of AK. Not max players though.

Snyder is right about stating him ahead of Exum right now, especially since the Jazz aren't a playoff team.
    They aren't a playoff team because they are tanking. They have a better pg in Spain that they chose not to bring over.

Exum has been great in his role and has been deserving more minutes but he's still 19 and the worst thing is putting too much on his plate and overwhelming him.
    From what I've seen the kid's not going to overwhelmed by anything. Burke otoh... Clark has looked decent since summer. Why not give him a shot? Send Burke to the bench or Idaho for a wake up call.

Granted it wouldn't surprise me if Exum is starting by the all star break if Burke's shooting woes continue. But Exum's undoubtedly the future and their core with him, Hayward, and Favors is going to be awesome with Snyder growing as a coach.
    Remains to be seen. Exum is intriguing but the rest of the team looks like the same old Jazz that Corbin got blamed for. No D. Only difference is they are running which may be why they got killed on the offensive glass the past two games.

On the point at hand, Hayward is really really good. People talking what option he would be on some hypothetical contending team are really overlooking the point here and missing out on an emerging multi-tool star. To look at the threads about Hayward around this time last season and look how down people were on him last and compare that to how's he's playing this season. I wish people here could just enjoy how good players like Hayward are because he's been a joy to watch so far (as the Jazz have been as a whole).
    He is a joy to watch but he's not a max player and that is bad for the Jazz. They tried to say it didn't matter because they had the money but with Burks signing they are close to the cap for next season already with no stars in tow.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

He is a max player. Extremely efficient offensively and a great defender. He has all the tools. Shooting, passing, ball handling, vision.

I assume that is based on 2 weeks of this season because he certainly wasn't efficient last year. He's a streaky shooter at best. He turns over the ball a lot.

College star

Will be the best SF in the game in no time.
    He slayed Lebron easily.