Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: So AD is on LeBron's level?

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    "Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..."
    To be fair thats not really a promise, the media just made it seem like it was one. it was more of an "of the moment" statement- similar to how we say some obscene or illogical things when we are "in the moment" at a party.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Ah, so Jan 2014 is when you started watching basketball?
    What does the date I joined an internet basketball forum have anything to do with what I just said? Idiot

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    To be fair thats not really a promise, the media just made it seem like it was one. it was more of an "of the moment" statement- similar to how we say some obscene or illogical things when we are "in the moment" at a party.
    This.

AD is on the same level that Lebron was in his 3rd year. One of the absolute best players in the league, but no playoff success yet.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    When AD is playing in the playoffs, where the game slows down, and garbage points are hard to come by, do you guys think he can still get 20+ points creating shots with his back to the basket in the halfcourt?
    I'm not sure why nobody responded to this one, I'm interested to see what people think.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

AD is good but I feel people are massively overrating him and putting mass hype on him. He is good and showing alot of potential and growth. But as good as lebron?? Come on man. As a kobe stan I dont like propping up lebron. But your comparing some early day potential to a 4time mvp 2 time champion by using a couple of statlines. Just chill with the anothony davis stuff untill we see some consistant mvp level stuff

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    I'm not sure why nobody responded to this one, I'm interested to see what people think.
    I think he'll still get his points, but I'd expect his efficiency to go down. Is he still mostly facing up and taking jumpers in the half court?

I don't think he's on the LeBron/KD/CP3 level (and I'm not arguing they are on the same level). I also think Blake, Love and Aldridge are all better players at the moment. I also don't think he's an elite defender even though his blocking/stealing numbers are great. Just a couple of months ago he was still being schooled on the post by Gustavo Ayon. I do love his jumper and I think he could be great, I just don't think he is great yet. Also I'd like to see some more African in him. I understand he's still a young player, but I'd like to see some more intensity in terms of the way he acts on the court.

Lebron at the same age as AD. 31.4/8/7. He had an amazing playoffs run in 2006.

AD is currently putting up the best numbers by any big man since prime Shaq...

He can score down low, he can shoot, he can pass, he can force turnovers, he alters shots, he gets a ton of blocks...this man is doing everything right now and he's only in his 3rd NBA season...now imagine prime AD in a system like the Spurs have....

NO don't deserve him, but low-key Stern made the best move by any FO in recent years. His veto was the reason they were bad enough to get this dude.

NBA sixth man of the year

When AD is playing in the playoffs, where the game slows down, and garbage points are hard to come by, do you guys think he can still get 20+ points creating shots with his back to the basket in the halfcourt?
    No...

Blake Griffin averaged 19ppg last year in the playoffs on 50% shooting, and his offensive game isn't all that much more developed than Davis'. Plus Davis has a better jumper and is much more impactful on the defensive end.

What's going to hold him back in the playoffs is that his 'running mate' Holiday averages 14/7 on 43%fg and is maybe the 20th best PG in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    No...
    20 points is kinda arbitrary.

He can, but his offensive game certainly wont carry a team for 4 rounds yet.

Very good NBA starter

I hope he makes the playoffs to see what he made of.

Local High School Star

Lebron is underrated on this board

and i'm a kobe fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    No...

Maybe not. But can he get 16 points, 12 rebounds, a couple steals, and 5 blocks? I think so.