Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Default Re: So AD is on LeBron's level?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

Dont compare him to the King
    at least he is not coward

National High School Star

So far AD hasn't failed to deliver anything he has promised. So you are correct. Lebron isn't even on AD's level

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Small sample overreaction. Based on past performance (last year), there is clear separation IMO. I'm also not a box scores guy, so take it fwiw.
    What happened last year to make the separation clear? If anything Steph's season last year made the gap closer, imo.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    So far AD hasn't failed to deliver anything he has promised. So you are correct. Lebron isn't even on AD's level
    What promise did LBJ fail to deliver on?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    What happened last year to make the separation clear? If anything Steph's season last year made the gap closer, imo.
    Steph was abysmal defensively (he doesn't look as bad this year). The impact stats (RAPM, with/without trends, team ORtg, etc.) all favor CP3.

Don't get me wrong, Curry was still clearly a top 5 player, and I have no problem if anyone takes him ahead of Paul. It's just not a difficult decision for me to make personally based on what I do/don't value.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabox!

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Steph was abysmal defensively (he doesn't look as bad this year). The impact stats (RAPM, with/without trends, team ORtg, etc.) all favor CP3.

Don't get me wrong, Curry was still clearly a top 5 player, and I have no problem if anyone takes him ahead of Paul. It's just not a difficult decision for me to make personally based on what I do/don't value.
    What I do like about Curry is his improvement on defense this year and playing teamball. He tries to get everyone involved on offense and he has a very good passing team which is why I believe his assist numbers will dip but as shown in the Houston game when his team isn't performing Curry will step up and be the man. I do believe CP3 is ahead right now but Curry is closing the gap.

Idk if they all favor CP3..Last season the Warriors ORTG with Steph on the floor was 111.9, 95.9 with him off, net +16. For CP3's Clippers it was 114.3 and 109.6, +4.7. Warriors were a net +8% eFG with Steph on the floor, Clippers were +3.2% eFG with CP3.

In the playoffs Curry statistically outplayed CP3 and the impact on his team was absurd, +37.0 in that series with his team shooting roughly 54% eFG with him on the floor and 38% with him off. 114 ORTG on, 88 ORTG off. And even the DRTG was substantially better with Curry on, 113 DRTG with him on and 124 DRTG with him off, and that's without their defensive anchor in Bogut.

I get what you're saying though..and agreed, I really don't care who someone prefers between those two. Last year if you asked me to build around one of them it'd depend totally on the rest of the roster..this year I might lean towards Steph regardless of team personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Idk if they all favor CP3..Last season the Warriors ORTG with Steph on the floor was 111.9, 95.9 with him off, net +16. For CP3's Clippers it was 114.3 and 109.6, +4.7. Warriors were a net +8% eFG with Steph on the floor, Clippers were +3.2% eFG with CP3.

In the playoffs Curry statistically outplayed CP3 and the impact on his team was absurd, +37.0 in that series with his team shooting roughly 54% eFG with him on the floor and 38% with him off. 114 ORTG on, 88 ORTG off. And even the DRTG was substantially better with Curry on, 113 DRTG with him on and 124 DRTG with him off, and that's without their defensive anchor in Bogut.

I get what you're saying though..and agreed, I really don't care who someone prefers between those two. Last year if you asked me to build around one of them it'd depend totally on the rest of the roster..this year I might lean towards Steph regardless of team personnel.
    RAPM is preferable than raw on/off, but admittedly Curry's with/without trends do look better. I'll concede that.

I do weight playoff possessions more (3x as much as regular season possessions in my files), but in a single round, there's a ton of noise.

I'm not sure who I'd build around, in general I don't think you can win a title with a PG (though Curry is more of a hybrid player, playing off ball a ton this year) as your best player (unless the roster is super stacked). Would probably take a worse player from a different position, since ball-dominance gets predictable, and allows defenses to gameplan more easily (my primary complaint about CP3).

Bron wishes he had ads unibrow so he could transplant that to his hairline.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Soooo you're not going to explain it then? Because if you're talking about the promise he made to Cleveland a long time ago he still has a good chance to bring a championship there..

Soooo you're not going to explain it then? Because if you're talking about the promise he made to Cleveland a long time ago he still has a good chance to bring a championship there..
    Ah, so Jan 2014 is when you started watching basketball?

Ah, so Jan 2014 is when you started watching basketball?
    Yes it was. Get with the times bro. That guy is obviously a random kid under 15...

"Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Yes it was. Get with the times bro. That guy is obviously a random kid under 15...
    Don't worry bro, i know haha