Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron is purposely exposing the gaurds on team.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    That knowledge, drive and motor to do whatever it takes to win

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    That knowledge, drive and motor to do whatever it takes to win
    That shit is cringe-worthy. Why must you defend everything he does, even when it's incredibly stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I would agree that I do not think intentional passivity is usually the right move. But then again, I'm not a part of that team. In a strange way, I suppose it could be a part of LeBron taking ownership of this team - believing that the existing kinks must be exposed early and re-built from the ground up.

I've been in situations where teammates have played like idiots, and I've purposely withdrawn myself to allow them to expose their poor choices, but I'd say that was a negative action on my part and did not do much to benefit the team. But again, we do not know much about the behind-the-scenes here. If a gameplan and playstyle were intensely established prior, only for all of that to be ignored by many once things began flowing, I could see where some frustration may mount, perhaps leading to giving an early season message.

I can't attest to whether James' logic is sound, but it does seem he feels it's time to enact a process that will be dirty and ugly at the start, but perhaps blossom into something more in the long run.

Also, he lost me at the car quote. Made it sound like he was talking about going to the Pay n' Spray in GTA V.
    Agreed on everything... This is the learning process the young guns and Kyrie have to go through, LeBron is showing them what can and could go wrong in the future... Better sort it out now early, then later...

Love it. High IQ.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

why are people getting their panties in a bunch?

you guys have never seen the downside of a player's career?

usually happens around their 12 season.

Agreed on everything... This is the learning process the young guns and Kyrie have to go through, LeBron is showing them what can and could go wrong in the future... Better sort it out now early, then later...

Love it. High IQ.
    High turnovers, low fg%, lazy defense are "for the kids?" It's all for a good cause guys! This sounds like the defense of "The Decision" all over again

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Also, he lost me at the car quote.
    Agreed on everything
    Finally some sanity!

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Where we get to the point where every possession matters, no possessions off, we have to move the ball, share the ball, be unselfish, we'll be a better team.

So to teach his teammates not to take possessions off, he takes possessions off. Real smart. That's not leadership, that's passive-aggressive pouting.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    So to teach his teammates not to take possessions off, he takes possessions off. Real smart. That's not leadership, that's passive-aggressive pouting.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    That shit is cringe-worthy. Why must you defend everything he does, even when it's incredibly stupid?
    this guy likes kobe and hates cringe-worthy posts. wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Where we get to the point where every possession matters, no possessions off, we have to move the ball, share the ball, be unselfish, we'll be a better team.

He's missing his buddies down at South Beach , he's just now realizing how hard it will be to even get this Cleveland team to the Finals...barely beat the Bulls thanks to Rose injuring himself...blown out by Portland...clowned by the Knicks in your homecoming party...

Of course he will play better and average nice all-around numbers at the end of the season (barring injuries), but this shit is just sad. You don't sabotage games to prove a point, but he's done that shit plenty. Remember the last 3 games of the 2010 Playoffs for Lebron, and how he quit in the Final game?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    He's missing his buddies down at South Beach , he's just now realizing how hard it will be to even get this Cleveland team to the Finals...barely beat the Bulls thanks to Rose injuring himself...blown out by Portland...clowned by the Knicks in your homecoming party...

Of course he will play better and average nice all-around numbers at the end of the season (barring injuries), but this shit is just sad. You don't sabotage games to prove a point, but he's done that shit plenty. Remember the last 3 games of the 2010 Playoffs for Lebron, and how he quit in the Final game?
    You can't quit and choke at the same time... You think he quit in any of those finals games? I think he choked.

You can't quit and choke at the same time... You think he quit in any of those finals games? I think he choked.
    I said 2010, when they lost 3 straight games with him playing like doodoo. It wasn't in the Finals. He choked the following year when he joined Miami

that reading comprehension doe

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

His teammates certainly have to learn to play with him but as a leader it's his job to recognize his own weaknesses and work on them. He can help them be more effective at what they do by learning to play off the ball better. He's never been good at it except in a transition game and his lack of ability in that sense is also hurting the team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    why are people getting their panties in a bunch?

you guys have never seen the downside of a player's career?

usually happens around their 12 season.

KG and Kobe were still beasts in 2008.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    I think Lebron is just letting Blatt run his system early on to give him the "OK, we tried and it doesn't work...now let's do it my way and see"

whether it be Lebron being passive or Waiters/Irving being selfish, Lebron needs to get the ball as soon as it crosses half-court and the offense work off his lead. It's proven for 10-11 years now, and unsure why thinking to utilize Lebron differently will lead to the same/better results...especially with young-minded Irving/Waiters dictating it more than the veteran Lebron.

I've seen many post about Lebron-ball and how he turned players into this/that...but at the end of the day, it is effective when Lebron is on the team. If you don't want Lebron-ball, you don't sign Lebron, and deal with that choice...you choose Lebron, you adapt Lebron-ball, and winning ways happen.

Sacrificing Lebron's game to what's being seen now with the Cavs, and early on with the Heat, proved little. When the other players sacrifice, and Lebron leads, it turns into more praise than sorrow...and again, proven.
    Do you believe Lebron did something similar in the 2011 Finals?

Was Wade basically Irving/Waiters in the 11 Finals.