Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent playground baller FrenchDude's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron is purposely exposing the gaurds on team.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Bron just want Blatt and his teammates to get to that desperation point where they just keep losing and losing and give up, having no choice but to start playing Lebron Ball.
    LeBron is such an easy target nowadays. But I think you are right.
    If things doesn't change, there will be a point in their season where LeBron will have more ball handling responsability and we all know where it leads..

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Translation:
    Get in the corner and spot up.

Saw a basketball once

I'm gonna let you all know when he decided that he had had enough.

At around the 5 min mark 1st q he gets isolated with Aldridge. He makes a 3pt jumper.

Batum goes to line after this at other end.

Cavaliers then run a play that gets broken with guards out of position and love ends up with the ball on the perimeter with 4 seconds on shot clock. He passes to bron who knocks down a long three. .... he's now feeling it and hasn't missed a shot.

Blazers then give ball to Aldridge who throws up a brick. Kyrie doesn't hustle let's rebound go and ball ends up with Matthews who splashes a 3.

Then normally the team would run a play to feed the hot man especially bron after hitting two big threes. He has done this many times before and made more tough shots when hot on many occasions.

Kyrie goes full one on five for a fadeaway air ball. No one rebounds or plays d and blazers score easily.

Next possession varejao turns it over which leads to a blazers dunk. Bron never gets his hot hand shot and cavaliers give up 7 points in a row on no d.

In the ensuing possessions bron tries to force a couple of lay ups and does not get a foul call and watches Thompson throw up a few bricks with kyrie while they don't play d.
    He goes to bench. This is where he thinks. .. I was hot didn't get ball. Kyrie is a mad hog. I Can't get a foul call. .. none of these guys play d, they can't run plays and get stuck out of position so bad compared to Miami. *** it ill watch them lose it for themselves as a lesson.

And we all know what happens from here. A tonne of shot jacking from kyrie and waiters combined with no d.

All equals a big loss.

Kyrie must play as a 2 and I'm sorry but dion has to go.
    Last edited by scotty00007; 11-05-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    LeBron doesn't care about the environment. Painting your car 100 times

[COLOR="White"]Obvious trolling is obvious. [/COLOR]

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i thought he makes team mates better

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Bron just want Blatt and his teammates to get to that desperation point where they just keep losing and losing and give up, having no choice but to start playing Lebron Ball.

College superstar

I didn't see the game, but judging from the quote and box score, the OP's theory makes sense. I would like to know other Cavs' fans opinions on this. RBA, Meticode?

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I didn't see the game, but judging from the quote and box score, the OP's theory makes sense. I would like to know other Cavs' fans opinions on this. RBA, Meticode?
    He was doing his usual passive, zero interest routine. He's playing poorly and trying to pass it off as a "lesson" for his young teammates.

what a terrible human being makes me wanna hug kobe

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Lamest excuse I've ever heard in my life, maybe they are chuckin cuz you are just standing around doing nothing when you don't have the ball in your grimy hands!

1The thing is that Irving and Waiters have never had good coaching in this league, (not 100% sure that they do now either, but that's a different story) and have developed a ton of bad habits.

Irving doesn't look like he knows how to run an offense, and Waiters doesn't really look like he can do anything at all but chuck. LeBron needs to take ownership of this team and start teaching these kids how to play the game, they aren't going to learn from him stepping back and playing passively.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    1The thing is that Irving and Waiters have never had good coaching in this league, (not 100% sure that they do now either, but that's a different story) and have developed a ton of bad habits.

Irving doesn't look like he knows how to run an offense, and Waiters doesn't really look like he can do anything at all but chuck. LeBron needs to take ownership of this team and start teaching these kids how to play the game, they aren't going to learn from him stepping back and playing passively.
    I would agree that I do not think intentional passivity is usually the right move. But then again, I'm not a part of that team. In a strange way, I suppose it could be a part of LeBron taking ownership of this team - believing that the existing kinks must be exposed early and re-built from the ground up.

I've been in situations where teammates have played like idiots, and I've purposely withdrawn myself to allow them to expose their poor choices, but I'd say that was a negative action on my part and did not do much to benefit the team. But again, we do not know much about the behind-the-scenes here. If a gameplan and playstyle were intensely established prior, only for all of that to be ignored by many once things began flowing, I could see where some frustration may mount, perhaps leading to giving an early season message.

I can't attest to whether James' logic is sound, but it does seem he feels it's time to enact a process that will be dirty and ugly at the start, but perhaps blossom into something more in the long run.

Also, he lost me at the car quote. Made it sound like he was talking about going to the Pay n' Spray in GTA V.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

I think Lebron is just letting Blatt run his system early on to give him the "OK, we tried and it doesn't work...now let's do it my way and see"

whether it be Lebron being passive or Waiters/Irving being selfish, Lebron needs to get the ball as soon as it crosses half-court and the offense work off his lead. It's proven for 10-11 years now, and unsure why thinking to utilize Lebron differently will lead to the same/better results...especially with young-minded Irving/Waiters dictating it more than the veteran Lebron.

I've seen many post about Lebron-ball and how he turned players into this/that...but at the end of the day, it is effective when Lebron is on the team. If you don't want Lebron-ball, you don't sign Lebron, and deal with that choice...you choose Lebron, you adapt Lebron-ball, and winning ways happen.

Sacrificing Lebron's game to what's being seen now with the Cavs, and early on with the Heat, proved little. When the other players sacrifice, and Lebron leads, it turns into more praise than sorrow...and again, proven.

The bad defense, FG%, and 8 turnovers in game 1 are all part of the Lebron team building process guys. This is for the kids

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Not giving 100% effort in meaningful regular season games says more about Lebron than it does his teammates -- at least they tried. And it's bad for business. Many people are already turned off of watching winter nba games, why make it worse by having us watch the best player in the league stand in the corner for the whole second half?
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 11-05-2014 at 01:13 PM.