Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Return of the Big Man?

The only ones I think deserve to be considered a "great" big men, either right now or potentially in the future:

Davis
    Cousins
    Embiid (healthy)
    Aldridge
    Love
    Blake
    Dwight
    Drummond

I like Big Al and Bosh..but I don't think they're all time greats. Everyone listed above has that potential..the only one that's on the fence imo is Love, and I think he was in shit circumstances in Minnesota and has plenty of time to prove his worth on a good team in Cleveland as Lebron gives him more and more of the responsibility with time. Maybe Aldridge too, but I think he could get even better, peak in his early 30s like Dirk's 2011.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I said one season.
    Answer still wouldnt change, Duncan still wont quit if times get tough. Unlike lebron may say he has a cramp and has to sit out or wants to go home to Gloria

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFdidNBAbigsGO
    Answer still wouldnt change, Duncan still wont quit if times get tough. Unlike lebron may say he has a cramp and has to sit out or wants to go home to Gloria
    Reported. Please stick to discussing basketball and not players mothers. Thank you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Reported. Please stick to discussing basketball and not players mothers. Thank you.
    Thats okay, doesnt hurt my feelings since I barely am on this but I wont report you. I know how much this means to you bruh

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The only ones I think deserve to be considered a "great" big men, either right now or potentially in the future:

Davis
    Cousins
    Embiid (healthy)
    Aldridge
    Love
    Blake
    Dwight
    Drummond

I like Big Al and Bosh..but I don't think they're all time greats. Everyone listed above has that potential..the only one that's on the fence imo is Love, and I think he was in shit circumstances in Minnesota and has plenty of time to prove his worth on a good team in Cleveland as Lebron gives him more and more of the responsibility with time. Maybe Aldridge too, but I think he could get even better, peak in his early 30s like Dirk's 2011.

Well, are you sure you'll call all of those guys "all time greats"? I'm not quite sure that Drummond or Aldrige are on a higher tier than guys like Gasols or Al Jefferson. Seriously, Pau's peak was incredible.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Crose's Avatar

why did lebron's name come up in this topic? lebron isn't big in any sense of the word

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Steve Adams Baby!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Steve Adams Baby!!
    And Perry Jones, baby!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Well, are you sure you'll call all of those guys "all time greats"? I'm not quite sure that Drummond or Aldrige are on a higher tier than guys like Gasols or Al Jefferson. Seriously, Pau's peak was incredible.
    I wasn't including guys like Pau, Dirk, Duncan, etc because they're clearly great big men imo. Established champions and legitimate franchise players. I was just talking about the ones of right now and in the future.

Jefferson is great offensively, but his defense is so abysmal he's just another all-star big man imo, not someone people are gonna list off 10-15 years from now when you're talking about this era. Similar to a healthy Brook Lopez when he was putting up 20ppg. Whereas Davis, Blake, Love, LMA are somewhat of a gold standard among PFs in this era.

And Drummond is a potential pick. He was a 14/13 guy last year at just 20 years old. He's got near a decade to improve, and one of the best coaches to do it with in SVG. I could definitely see him developing into a dominant C even if it's just off of pure athleticism/power and a few basic moves a la pre-back surgery Dwight.

So you take a high horse and ask why people troll and then go on to troll like nobody's business?

Davis
    Cousins
    Embiid (healthy)
    Aldridge
    Love
    Blake
    Dwight
    Drummond

I fail to see how Aldridge is not only better than Bosh but has potential to be greater than him. I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    So you take a high horse and ask why people troll and then go on to troll like nobody's business?
    Yeah pretty much, got rid of em so im happy..

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    I fail to see how Aldridge is not only better than Bosh but has potential to be greater than him. I really don't.
    You don't think Aldridge is better than Bosh right now or at any time in the future?

You don't think Aldridge is better than Bosh right now or at any time in the future?
    No, and there's no way Aldridge will be more respected a player than Bosh long term. Bosh will make the hall of fame; i doubt Aldridge will. Aldridge is only a year younger than Bosh as well.