Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: Return of the Big Man?

I'm taking Aldridge over Bosh every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    No, and there's no way Aldridge will be more respected a player than Bosh long term. Bosh will make the hall of fame; i doubt Aldridge will. Aldridge is only a year younger than Bosh as well.
    What exactly are you basing this on? Aldridge was a legit MVP candidate for most of last year and many have him as the best PF in the game. It's not like Bosh is prime Duncan and Aldridge is Paul Millsap or something. Bosh has 2 championships in which he was playing at borderline role player level. He was a legit star before Miami and he looks to be there right now but his accomplishments with the Heat were nothing that incredible on an individual level.

Aldridge this past regular season was as good as any version of Bosh, but he’s doing it on an elite team as the #1 guy. And in the playoffs against the Rockets he performed better than Bosh ever did in the playoffs, and it isn’t particularly close either. Bosh has cracked 20 ppg in the playoffs once in his career and has never once even approached back to back 40 point games to carry his team in the playoffs like LMA did. And while I like what I'm seeing from Bosh, we don't know if Bosh is actually back to franchise player level, or if he's just having a hot start to the season. Whereas Aldridge just put together an entire season of it and doesn't look to be done.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

still no better than any of these 90s-early 00s big men:

olajuwon
    ewing
    robinson
    mutombo
    shaq
    mourning

barkley
    malone
    webber
    garnet
    duncan
    nowitzki
    rodman
    kemp

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    still no better than any of these 90s-early 00s big men:

olajuwon
    ewing
    robinson
    mutombo
    shaq
    mourning

barkley
    malone
    webber
    garnet
    duncan
    nowitzki
    rodman
    kemp
    mcdyss

omly 6 of those guys are 1st options

Jahlil Okafor is the real return of the big man. He's legit back-to-basket. Has all the post moves in the book, crafty. He's the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    You have 1 chance to take any player in the league for this season, only condition is that player MUST play power-forward...Are you not taking LeBron James?
    Blake Griffin is a better PF than LeBron is, so I'd take Blake.

[QUOTE=Milbuck]What exactly are you basing this on? Aldridge was a legit MVP candidate for most of last year and many have him as the best PF in the game. It's not like Bosh is prime Duncan and Aldridge is Paul Millsap or something. Bosh has 2 championships in which he was playing at borderline role player level. He was a legit star before Miami and he looks to be there right now but his accomplishments with the Heat were nothing that incredible on an individual level.

Aldridge this past regular season was as good as any version of Bosh, but he