Question JAZZ FANS: How has Dante (s)Exum been?

Well?

Learning to shoot layups shmozzle's Avatar

Default Re: JAZZ FANS: How has Dante (s)Exum been?

Looks to be picking up the nba game very quickly. I have been really impressed, he always seems to be making plays.

He has been shooting a lot better than expected although it's a small sample size.

He has great court vision and is a good passer.

His length is very helpful on defense and his speed is as advertised, just needs to develop his body to be able to get to the rim against grown men.

Jameer rolling in his ISH grave

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin

Jameer rolling in his ISH grave
    Why? Payton looks better so far. Exum looks like he will be a good player but he hasn't really shown signs of being a guy to run an offence yet. Takes awhile to learn the point position though.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Why? Payton looks better so far. Exum looks like he will be a good player but he hasn't really shown signs of being a guy to run an offence yet. Takes awhile to learn the point position though.
    Gilly: BOWLING SHANE!!!!
    Warney: cheeeeeers mate
    ponting: streuth boooooyyyzzzzzzzzz drinks on me!

I haven't seen anything of Payton so i can't speak to who is or who is going to be better. But i feel that exum can definitely grow into a really nice point. He seems to be a quick learner and is very unselfish, high IQ and all of that. I know there are already people calling for him to replace burke just based off of their play so far, not that i agree, but i think it does say something about what people are seeing from him (and from burke unfortunately).

Hopefully Quin can do a good job with him.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shmozzle
    I haven't seen anything of Payton so i can't speak to who is or who is going to be better. But i feel that exum can definitely grow into a really nice point. He seems to be a quick learner and is very unselfish, high IQ and all of that. I know there are already people calling for him to replace burke just based off of their play so far, not that i agree, but i think it does say something about what people are seeing from him (and from burke unfortunately).

He had some lob in a top play of the day. That pass was a big boy pass IMO. Wasn't easy to seam that through for an easy hoop for his teammate. Unselfish for sure. I think he's got potential

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    He had some lob in a top play of the day. That pass was a big boy pass IMO. Wasn't easy to seam that through for an easy hoop for his teammate. Unselfish for sure. I think he's got potential
    This one?

http://youtu.be/5VsOawBz2vw

His length will give plenty of people problems

Last edited by shmozzle; 11-04-2014 at 04:20 AM.

I watched two Utah games and he's impressing me a lot.
    Besides Noel, i think he's the rookie contribuiting more right now for his team.
    He come off the bench and you can see the team sparking defensively and playing a lot more solid offense.

He's not fancy, he's not going to get you 30 points or 15 assists any time soon... but he certainly can play good defense right now and be a point guard, always trying to do the right and easy stuff.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

He's just solid. He never seems to try and do too much. Let's remember he is only 19 years old. After he's had four years in the system he will be 23. he already seems good for nearly 10 points a night. The potential this guy has is off the charts. In his limited time he has been able to show off his ability to make highlight plays, like the block and run posted above. If I'm a Jazz fan, I am creaming my pants with excitement at what this guy could potentially be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I watched two Utah games and he's impressing me a lot.
    Besides Noel, i think he's the rookie contribuiting more right now for his team.
    He come off the bench and you can see the team sparking defensively and playing a lot more solid offense.

He's not fancy, he's not going to get you 30 points or 15 assists any time soon... but he certainly can play good defense right now and be a point guard, always trying to do the right and easy stuff.
    Payton had 16pts 9asts 1turnover the other day, he isn't contributing more? I'm not being crazy like Jameer and salty, I think Exum will be a good player and I'm australian so I want him to succeed but people on ISH are looking the other way on Payton. Maybe they want him to fail because of Jameer.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shmozzle

People wanting him to replace Burke probably has little to do with how they are playing. It's based on potential and where he was picked and people not caring about winning but tanking. Exum looks like he could use big minutes in the Dleague to me not a starting role not that Burke has proven himself as an NBA starter either. It's unfortunate that Neto isn't around to compete for Burke's spot though.

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Maybe they want him to fail because of Jameer.
    If people truly think this way, they're not actual basketball fans and have let this forum completely delude them. Payton is a defense-first PG in an era where we can't tell the difference between PG/SG other than height, which is a rare commodity. He's got the tools to be something special

Payton had 16pts 9asts 1turnover the other day, he isn't contributing more? I'm not being crazy like Jameer and salty, I think Exum will be a good player and I'm australian so I want him to succeed but people on ISH are looking the other way on Payton. Maybe they want him to fail because of Jameer.
    Totally forgot about Payton, so true what you said.
    I think i told you that in a game thread so.. it was really just me forgetting