Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Default Re: If the Cavs and Heat meet in the playoffs and Miami prevails...

People asked the same question about the 2010-11 cavs and heat. It's early in the season. Wade won't stay healthy. I can't believe some people have their heads so far up their butts that they think the heat are better without Lebron. I said for years that the heat needed to give boshs a bigger role. It should have been Lebron then bosh then wade in the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by returnofthemack
    People asked the same question about the 2010-11 cavs and heat. It's early in the season. Wade won't stay healthy. I can't believe some people have their heads so far up their butts that they think the heat are better without Lebron. I said for years that the heat needed to give boshs a bigger role. It should have been Lebron then bosh then wade in the pecking order.

exactly this...I'd even go as far as bringing Wade off the bench to wreck the 2nd unit. it would preserve his minutes, which was key, and allow him to be 1st option caliber when Lebron rested or 2nd option when Bosh rested.

more successful attack IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by returnofthemack
    The heat went 2-2 in the finals. Saying they should have changed the pecking order is revisionist history. Wade was better than Bosh.
    Last edited by navy; 11-03-2014 at 09:40 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    The heat went 2-2 in the finals. Saying the should have changed the pecking order is revisionist history. Wade was better than Bosh.
    2-2 in the Finals, along with a 66 win season in 2013 that included a 27 game winning streak.

These fools are acting as if Wade wasn't doing 22-5-5 on 50% shooting with a 26 PER, and 21-5-5 on 52% shooting with a 24 PER in 2012 and 2013.

Revisionist history indeed.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Wade and Bosh are both still elite level players regardless of what trolls/stans on here post.

Granger+Deng < LeBron, obviously, but they do somewhat fill the hole Lebron left. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Miami made a deep playoff run.

As for them beating the Cavs in a 7-game series...yeah that would be pretty bad for Lebron's legacy, and the message boards would go nuts. I'd be lmao even as a Cavs fan.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    The heat went 2-2 in the finals. Saying they should have changed the pecking order is revisionist history. Wade was better than Bosh.

It's not revisionist history. The heat had a great run for the last 4 years. The way they did things worked pretty well. It's my opinion that it could have been better if bosh had a bigger role from day one. It didn't happen because it was wades team and there was no way in hell that wade would be the third wheel.

God damn this thread is shitty

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    God damn this thread is shitty
    Da fuq outta here, you know goddam well that if the Bron/Cavs lose to Miami, that'll be a HUGE hit to his legacy. Go ahead and keep pretending the Heat have no chance, lol. Just to name a couple of things they have over the Cavs is defense and playoffs experience, that goes a long way in the postseason. I would not be the least bit shocked if Miami does beat the highly talented but soft Cavs.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Da fuq outta here, you know goddam well that if the Bron/Cavs lose to Miami, that'll be a HUGE hit to his legacy. Go ahead and keep pretending the Heat have no chance, lol. Just to name a couple of things they have over the Cavs is defense and playoffs experience, that goes a long way in the postseason. I would not be the least bit shocked if Miami does beat the highly talented but soft Cavs.
    They didn't look soft against Chicago the other night.

How exactly did LeBron get murked in 07, 08, and 09?

I almost respect the level of stupidity some people have shown on the forum regarding the Heat and LeBron. It's 3 games into the season and there are this many threads.

Banned

First Cavs need to make the playoffs before we can engage in these hypotheticals

Excluding injuries, I just dont see them beating us match wise. Wade is about the only one who matches up better position wise and I dont think he can be the go to guy in a series. They can't outscore us or outrebound us.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    exactly this...I'd even go as far as bringing Wade off the bench to wreck the 2nd unit. it would preserve his minutes, which was key, and allow him to be 1st option caliber when Lebron rested or 2nd option when Bosh rested.

more successful attack IMO.
    That is, in theory how a lot of teams SHOULD work. It's just that the player's egos would get in the way. Even though Wade would average around the same minutes and would close together with LeBron had he came off the bench, there's just something about being benched that these guys won't be able to handle.

wow, wheres that pic from?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

It definitely would make the NBA headlines. People would be talking about it for months if the Cavs were to lose to the Heat. The Miami Heat fans (all five of them on this site) would rejoice in it. It would be a slight jab to LBJ legacy depending on how well he plays, but if he wins another championship the year after it, then ppl won't talk about it as much. It may not be that big of a deal in the long run...at least not to me. Instead, it shows how underrated the Miami Heat team was coming to this season.

Regardless, it's waaay too early to really tell how both teams play, and which player could stay consistent and what roles are well established. I don't think the Heat would beat the Cavs anyway. Cavs got a lot of talent, but we'll see how they play together with the offense and defensive end later in the season. What you see right now probably isn't an accurate interpretation of how the teams will play like in April or whatever. We got a long way to go.

We'll see how each team play in Dec, and if Miami still continues to impress, then we can have more interesting conversations about it.