Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe just dropped 28 effortlessly in the 4th game in 5 night

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Kobe fans are weird. As long as he provides you with a few sick highlights a game, all of his other bad plays are excused.
    I just meant.. don't hold him to the standards he had when he was in his prime and in the mix for best player in the game. He's on his way out and there will be more bad than good, so appreciate the good moments rather than make a huge deal about the bad.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    I just meant.. don't hold him to the standards he had when he was in his prime and in the mix for best player in the game. He's on his way out and there will be more bad than good, so appreciate the good moments rather than make a huge deal about the bad.
    He's getting paid like one of the best players in the league, so why wouldn't he be held to those standards? Not to mention he's still putting up shots like he's the Kobe of old, and it's hurting his team.

College superstar

why should we appreciate a player, shamelessly chucking for the sake of PPG output?

Hmmm. I remember Kobe jacking up shitty 3's and taking more shots than points.

I'm pretty sure most wings could do that. They'd just be benched.

Who was saying that GS would be better with Kobe in place of Curry? that shit

Okay, I get that, but why is he then still taking the same shots and same volume of shots as if he would be in his prime?

Okay, I get that, but why is he then still taking the same shots and same volume of shots as if he would be in his prime?
    Because he's Kobe Bryant on a garbage team and nothing matters. Seriously, the main goal of this season was to develop Randle and get a top 5 pick, with Kobe drawing crowds and entertaining for his last two years.

Why wouldn't he? The gap on offense between he and his teammates is just the same as 05-07 if not more.

Decent playground baller

28 points on 28 shots isn't bad, even efficient if you ask me. it is almost like going 14/28 on 2 point attempts= 50% shooting.

Hasn't played a real game in over a year.....

ruptured his Achilles.....

Is on a team with a bunch of players he never played with...

In his 19th season...36 years old...

- He's playing inconsistent.....on offense and defense

- He has moments when old Kobe looks like old Kobe......He has moments when he looks like an old Kobe.

- it will take some time.....he will find a way to balance it out and play great ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I don't quite agree. I definitely think it's fun to watch, but Wizards MJ was actually older and played in the toughest defensive era perhaps ever in the NBA.

The apt comparison is that both of their help sucks.

Kobe looks healthier and has a bit more bounce to him at least so far...but more importantly, is playing in a softer era. Current Kobe is more athletic and just a better basketball player (maybe in large part because of the rules now...but that doesn't matter).

If Kobe was on a legit team he and he played smart...he could still easily be one of the better players in the league and probably the most dangerous guy in the league because of what he can do like he did in the 3rd qtr last night.

Put him in that Duncan or Dirk role (assuming the Mavs stay healthy and don't require a lot from Dirk) and he could flourish in a big way if he played the right way.

But that is the thing with Kobe. The Lakers could have definitely had a strong team, but Kobe didn't want to just become part of the team. He wanted to be "the guy" as usual and if winning is really what drives him...then he should be kicking himself for driving away the best big man in the game to a conference opponent. The Lakers had it all lined up for him (as usual) and he just couldn't or didn't care to try to make it work. And that's on him....

So when I see him out there looking at teammates and getting frustrated...it's just kind of funny to me. He made his own bed here way more than most players ever do.

What does make it work mean exactly?

Taking 7 mil a year so Chandler Parsons can get paid instead? Frankly there is more circumstantial evidence that superstar players don't want to play with Dirk than there is with Kobe.
    Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot; 11-02-2014 at 12:52 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by gcvbcat
    28 points on 28 shots isn't bad, even efficient if you ask me. it is almost like going 14/28 on 2 point attempts= 50% shooting.
    His TEE-EHS% for the game was 46%.

Learning to shoot layups supercybergeek's Avatar

Too Bad Clay Thompson dropped 41 on his head

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    His TEE-EHS% for the game was 46%.

He shot at least 3 shots with 5 seconds left on the 24...( meaning he got the ball with under 5 left and had to shoot)

jeezuzzz.....he could have made 20 for 20...LA would have still lost.....they can't play interior Defense....3 times no one was even back to guard layups.

obsession with advanced stats is cringeworthy

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'm wondering if how Kobe plays is almost irrelevant to the Lakers winning many games this year.

It would be relevant if he wasn't so ball dominant and picked his spots, but the style he plays might not just have a big impact.

Last night he was absolutely dreadful in the first half by any measure. Think he was 3-10 with 4 turnovers and a couple missed free throws...

Lakers were down 6 at half.

Then he does what he does in the 2nd half and they get blown out.

I just don't think Kobe can be efficient enough to make Kobe ball work anymore...certainly not with his teammates...and certainly not with how super efficient other teams and superstars have become. And he certainly can't take 28 shots and make a positive impact on defense like we saw last night.

Kobe ball was far better back pre 2006 actually...when the rules weren't so easy for everyone to score efficiently. Now? The difference between how guys like Harden, Curry, Paul, Durant, Lebron...etc. score compared to Kobe is likely going to be too big of a gap for Kobe's scoring to matter.

It's a shame because on a quality team like a lot of the other stars now currently have...Kobe could be perhaps the most dangerous player in the league (if...and it's a big IF...he played the right way)

It's kind of meh for me...I love watching it, but the rules are just such a joke now that I think talented offensive players can get 25 plus points pretty easily on bad teams taking 25 shots a game. Fun to watch when they get hot, but that's about it.
    Lol at most dangerous player. Please. He's washed up. Nowhere near as dangerous as KD LBJ WB CP3 Melo BG etc

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

It's time to move on children...