Default predict kevin love and kyrie irving's stats

Kyrie - 18 points/6 assists/3 rebounds
    Love - 20/3/12

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: predict kevin love and kyrie irving's stats

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    Kyrie - 18 points/6 assists/3 rebounds
    Love - 20/3/12
    That's right around what I'm anticipating. The thing that should shoot up, especially for Kyrie, is his shooting efficiency. Kyrie shot 48% from the field and just under 40% from three in his rookie year. As defenses have gotten geared to stop him and forced him into tough spots, that efficiency had slowly declined. Now, defenses can't focus on just slowing him down and, with all of that shooting keeping the floor spread, he will benefit greatly. I think he has a legit shot at a 50/40/90 season. Waiters' efficiency will also shoot up, imo.

Love is a little less clear, because no one knows for sure how they'll choose to use him. If they feed him in the high post, his assist numbers are going to be really nice. People forget how good a passer he is. He led all PFs in assists last year, many of which came from the high post.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    That's right around what I'm anticipating. The thing that should shoot up, especially for Kyrie, is his shooting efficiency. Kyrie shot 48% from the field and just under 40% from three in his rookie year. As defenses have gotten geared to stop him and forced him into tough spots, that efficiency had slowly declined. Now, defenses can't focus on just slowing him down and, with all of that shooting keeping the floor spread, he will benefit greatly. I think he has a legit shot at a 50/40/90 season. Waiters' efficiency will also shoot up, imo.

Love is a little less clear, because no one knows for sure how they'll choose to use him. If they feed him in the high post, his assist numbers are going to be really nice. People forget how good a passer he is. He led all PFs in assists last year, many of which came from the high post.
    about kyrie - i'm not sure about kyrie's efficiency. off hand, do you know how effective he is on catch and shoot opportunities? he's always struck me as a guy that's better shooting off the dribble.

love is a confusing one for me. he's been a heavy, heavy volume scorer the last few years and took low percentage shots at will with few repercussions. it'll be interesting to me if he can be efficient and stay in rhythm with less time on the ball and more spot ups

Local High School Star

Love 18/12/4
    Kyrie 16/3/7
    LeBron 24/7/7

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Lebron 24 6 6
    Kyrie 18 3 8
    Love 18 10 3

Banned

LeBron 26/6/6 10-17 FG 2-3 3P
    Irving 20/3/5 7-17 FG 1-4 3P
    Love 12/1/10 4-8 FG 4-8 3P
    Last edited by Joyner82reload; 10-30-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    about kyrie - i'm not sure about kyrie's efficiency. off hand, do you know how effective he is on catch and shoot opportunities? he's always struck me as a guy that's better shooting off the dribble.

love is a confusing one for me. he's been a heavy, heavy volume scorer the last few years and took low percentage shots at will with few repercussions. it'll be interesting to me if he can be efficient and stay in rhythm with less time on the ball and more spot ups
    Kyrie's catch and shoot numbers are not as good as they should be, but he also had very few opportunities in those kinds of situations. Being the team's best scorer and the primary playmaker, the vast majority of his shots came off the dribble. Now, he can focus a little more on catch and shoot situations. He was lights out spotting up in the FIBA World Cup.

Love is going to have to get accustomed to working off the ball and occasionally passing up good shots for better ones for someone else. It is very interesting, because we have three primary scoring options in the same starting lineup and Dion Waiters who is also a gifted scorer. Waiters will surprise people primarily with his spot up shooting. He actually made a higher percentage of catch and shoot opportunities last year than Danny Green (41.6%).

And, he will get more of those kinds of shots on this team. The offense for this team is going to be very fascinating.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

those are some lofty expectations for Mr Irving

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

take their stats from last year

subtract 8 from ppg and 2 from apg

that's the Bran differential

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    those are some lofty expectations for Mr Irving
    Well, the 40/90 portion is totally realistic for him at this stage. It is the 50% that is going to be the biggest challenge, but I'm assuming he's going to be taking less shots but also getting higher percentage looks. We will see, but he was over those marks in the preseason. Yes, preseason is the preseason, but the guy can flat-out shoot the ball... moreso than his statistics last season would indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    take their stats from last year

subtract 8 from ppg and 2 from apg

that's the Bran differential
    and then add to their fg%.

[QUOTE=Andrew Wiggins]Kyrie - 18 points/6 assists/3 rebounds
    Love - 20/3/12[/QUOTE]

You mean 20/12/3 right?

Hardly believe Love will get them 12 assists.

Banned

Love = 20/10 50%fg

Irving = 16/6 47% fg