Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: All Time Draft Round 1 Western Conference 6vs11 and 3vs14

Millbuck and Bnash for me

Since neither GM bothered to argue for their team, I'll stick to my original decision. I see Millbuck's backcourt having an easy time scoring over Coldsoul's. And although there's no real stopper (Kobe perhaps?) against Baylor, I think Wilt comes in the way of his comfort zone a little for him to be truly dominant.

Also think Bnash made a good argument on guarding KG, esp since he'd be worn out guarding Sabas/Pettit on the other end. Kobesfinger didnt exploit enough of Bnash's perimeter defense for me to change my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Millbuck and Bnash for me

Since neither GM bothered to argue for their team, I'll stick to my original decision. I see Millbuck's backcourt having an easy time scoring over Coldsoul's. And although there's no real stopper (Kobe perhaps?) against Baylor, I think Wilt comes in the way of his comfort zone a little for him to be truly dominant.

Also think Bnash made a good argument on guarding KG, esp since he'd be worn out guarding Sabas/Pettit on the other end. Kobesfinger didnt exploit enough of Bnash's perimeter defense for me to change my vote.
    KG wont be guarding Pettit much if at all, thats Wallace's job. His front court would be more worn out than mine because neither Sabas nor Pettit have the quickness to stay with KG. It will scramble his defence and combined with KG's passing and my perimeter shooting, there will be a lot of good looks.

Leonard on CP3 is a good move but then that leaves Magic on Paul George. George has been able to take LeBron to the hole, and LeBron is 10x the defender Magic is, both man and team.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Since I didn't get an answer back in the other series about who and how they would guard Baylor then I'll have to go with my original feelings and go with Cold Soul. Wish there was an argument between the GM's but oh well

the pre-knee injury Elgin Baylor, no doubt the most dynamic scorer of his position, could either drive from the left box with a powerful right hand or hit 15 foot jumpers, pending how you defended him. Awesome on the boards.

But since he was an indifferent defender, Cold Soul can't play him heavy minutes against a high scoring forward, and has to hide him on defense. Moreover, Baylor operated in the same real estate as Chamberlain.

That led me to the suggestion that Baylor be demoted to a sixth man role.

Congrats to Team Cold Soul and Team Barkleynash for advancing to the next round! We'll be matched up together next and I'll post the link for that series here as soon as it is up. Good luck amigo