Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The West finna be a bloodbath maybe the bloodiest ever

Only team that got worse is TWolves

Spurs healthy will prolly win it all. OKC got a couple pieces.

Dallas looks scary. Grizz are gonna get 50+ wins easily if they healthy. NOP, Denver and Phoenix are gonna be fighting for a playoff spot. Even Sacramento can make some noise and Utah will be a decent team (easily make playoffs in the East)..........then u got the other contenders LAC, GS and Portland. Houston might make playoffs too what a bloodbath

Default Re: The West finna be a bloodbath maybe the bloodiest ever

Nuggets are my darkhorse to make some noise this season.

They were horribly injured last season and still won 37 games (I think).

Reloaded with a healthy roster they should be set up for a playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    He's overrating the east so he can prop LeGod...
    Not overrating, I admit the West is the better conference overall. I'm saying that the East is more wide open and exciting. The Cavs, Bulls, Heat, Raptors, and Wizards all have an equally legit shot at making the Finals. In the West the only two teams who have a shot are the Spurs and Thunder, despite the other teams being elite regular season performers. How much of a blood bath can the West be if the same 2 teams have essentially met in the WCF 3 years in a row? (Only reason OKC didn't make it in 2013 is cause Westbrook was out)
    Does anyone seriously think a team not named Spurs or Thunder will come out of the West this year?

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Not overrating, I admit the West is the better conference overall. I'm saying that the East is more wide open and exciting. The Cavs, Bulls, Heat, Raptors, and Wizards all have an equally legit shot at making the Finals. In the West the only two teams who have a shot are the Spurs and Thunder, despite the other teams being elite regular season performers. How much of a blood bath can the West be if the same 2 teams have essentially met in the WCF 3 years in a row? (Only reason OKC didn't make it in 2013 is cause Westbrook was out)
    Does anyone seriously think a team not named Spurs or Thunder will come out of the West this year?
    So Lebron's team with Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Dion Waiters, etc. is only on the same level as the Raptors and Wizards?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    So Lebron's team with Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Dion Waiters, etc. is only on the same level as the Raptors and Wizards?
    As Lebron said, this is going to be a process. The Raptors and Wizards have experience playing together, and that counts for a lot. This isn't a video game, you don't just win because you have a bunch of big names on your roster.

As Lebron said, this is going to be a process. The Raptors and Wizards have experience playing together, and that counts for a lot. This isn't a video game, you don't just win because you have a bunch of big names on your roster.
    It's weird though, weren't you the one talking about how Lebron makes his teammates better?

I just figured Lebron with a 26/13/4/1/1 on 59% TS 26.9 PER monster of a PF as his 2nd option, a 21/4/6/2 on 53% TS All Star MVP and FIBA MVP point guard (all on a down year) as his 3rd option, a 16ppg up and coming SG as his 4th option, a brilliant well-respected coach, and a ton of quality role players in Matrix, Varejao, TThompson, Mike Miller, etc. would be an actual contender, and not just some middle of the pack playoff team.

Sure seems like you have embarrassingly low expectations for a top 10 all-time player

I usually hit open layups

not sure what you are trying to say. Spurs and thunder.....Dallas was the only team in the playoffs/finals that took them to 7 games, they added more depth and brought back their defensive center. Thunder should've looked to add a real center, they will never win a title with perkins

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    It's weird though, weren't you the one talking about how Lebron makes his teammates better?

I just figured Lebron with a 26/13/4/1/1 on 59% TS 26.9 PER monster of a PF as his 2nd option, a 21/4/6/2 on 53% TS All Star MVP and FIBA MVP point guard (all on a down year) as his 3rd option, a 16ppg up and coming SG as his 4th option, a brilliant well-respected coach, and a ton of quality role players in Matrix, Varejao, TThompson, Mike Miller, etc. would be an actual contender, and not just some middle of the pack playoff team.

Sure seems like you have embarrassingly low expectations for a top 10 all-time player
    Lebron does indeed make teammates better, and I expect Kyrie's field goal percentage to sky rocket this season as a result. The Cavs are a talented young team, key word being young. All the key guys don't have ANY playoff experience, so it might take Lebron a season or two to teach them how to win in the playoffs. When is the last time we saw a team compete for a title when 80 percent of their rotation had no playoff experience?

Lebron does indeed make teammates better, and I expect Kyrie's field goal percentage to sky rocket this season as a result. The Cavs are a talented young team, key word being young. All the key guys don't have ANY playoff experience, so it might take Lebron a season or two to teach them how to win in the playoffs. When is the last time we saw a team compete for a title when 80 percent of their rotation had no playoff experience?
    Wonderful logic. Because Kevin Love couldn't do playoff damage on a shit team by himself, Kyrie couldn't do playoff damage by himself, somehow Kyrie + Love + Lebron can't do playoff damage? I guess if you put Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Klay Thompson, and Deandre Jordan on the same team, they wouldn't be a conference finals team because none of them have conference finals experience?

Anyways, just to clarify…you are in fact saying that a prime Lebron-led team with 2 All-Star starters as 2nd and 3rd options, a great coach, and a ton of depth won’t be anything more than a 45-48 win team in one of the weakest conferences in NBA history, correct?

[QUOTE=Milbuck]Wonderful logic. Because Kevin Love couldn't do playoff damage on a shit team by himself, Kyrie couldn't do playoff damage by himself, somehow Kyrie + Love + Lebron can't do playoff damage? I guess if you put Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Klay Thompson, and Deandre Jordan on the same team, they wouldn't be a conference finals team because none of them have conference finals experience?

Anyways, just to clarify

Finna?

[QUOTE=Milbuck]Wonderful logic. Because Kevin Love couldn't do playoff damage on a shit team by himself, Kyrie couldn't do playoff damage by himself, somehow Kyrie + Love + Lebron can't do playoff damage? I guess if you put Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Klay Thompson, and Deandre Jordan on the same team, they wouldn't be a conference finals team because none of them have conference finals experience?

Anyways, just to clarify

I rule the local playground bukowski81's Avatar

Am I the only one that thinks that Minnesota didnt get worse?

Wiggins, Bennett, Young and Williams is better than Love and Shved IMO

Anyways, just to clarify

I'm not saying that at all.
    The Cavs should win between 54-60 games this year, but that doesn't mean they will be successful in the playoffs. All I'm saying is experience matters, and the Cavs getting to the Finals/competing for a Championship are far from guaranteed.
    So they're gonna be a 60 win team in the regular season, but vulnerable as hell in the postseason?

Sounds pretty familiar, almost like the insults you were throwing at Western Conference teams just a few posts ago.

Lebron James - The Regular Season Warrior. Has a nice ring to it, am I right?