Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is like the Derek Jeter of the NBA

Jeter as a top 5 yankee is funny enough...top 5 player?

Jeter is one of the more common names on overrated lists by people serious about baseball.

So common I assumed a topic comparing Kobe to him would be a backhanded compliment to Kobe.

Kobe is miles and miles beyond Jeter far as standing in his sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Mariano Rivera is arguably a greater Yankee than Jeter.
    Arguably? This isn't arguable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Jeter as a top 5 yankee is funny enough...top 5 player?

Jeter is one of the more common names on overrated lists by people serious about baseball.

So common I assumed a topic comparing Kobe to him would be a backhanded compliment to Kobe.

Kobe is miles and miles beyond Jeter far as standing in his sport.
    Exactly. I never understood this comparison between the two it came across as being lazy. Kobe was much greater at his sport than Jeter was at his not all that close either.

He's more like Favre or Brady IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Exactly. I never understood this comparison between the two it came across as being lazy. Kobe was much greater at his sport than Jeter was at his not all that close either.
    You Clown gotta be ****ing kidding me

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=354733

Hypocrite

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Kobe is more Hank Aaron or Joe Dimaggio. Not the greatest...but high up the list and likely to be discussed forever. He manages to catch Kareem ill lean towards Hank.

Hes sure as hell not Jeter.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Both are clearly top 10 all time, but Jeter has a case for top 5 where Kobe doesnt
    Dear god.

Jeter isn't even in the ballpark of the top 10.

Jeter NEVER had a 7.5 WS season. Bonds had 13 and ended his career with TWICE as many WS.

Jeter is only in the top 50 in WS because he played so long. And he is BARELY in the top 50.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    A true LEGEND piling on rings while playing for a historic franchise. With so many legendary moments as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe's last game of his career ends with him hitting a game winner. It's just who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    You Clown gotta be ****ing kidding me

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=354733

Hypocrite
    Lol somebody's butthurt and mad. I thought about it longer and when you look into Jeter career deeper you'll see his career is somewhat overrated and just because you change your opinion doesn't mean shit. Man, you're a ****ing dumbass you saved my thread. Wow could you stalk me anymore? BTW I had Kobe over Jeter anyway read the thread again.
    Last edited by Cold soul; 10-13-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Lol somebody's butthurt and mad.
    Lol somebody just got exposed

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    He's JUST like Jeter....not as good as people think.

Both of them have inflated reputations because they played on historical franchises who will always spend money and attract other stars. That+every casual fan knows who they are because their teams have some of the largest natural fan bases.

Jeter probably isn't even a top 50 baseball player all time

Imagine if Jeter was drafted by the Brewers and played his entire career there. No one outside of the state would give a shit that he was retiring. They'd mention it once on ESPN and it would be over.

Imagine if Kobe played his entire career for some shit franchise. He'd have great numbers and nothing to show for it.
    Besides Shaq, which big-time FAs did the Lakers sign to help Kobe? We got Odom in the Shaq trade, rest of the players around Kobe were either draft picks or just bad players... our biggest FA signing was a past-prime Ron Artest, who we only got because Ariza left us for more money, and Artest didn't come because we were willing to pay him tons, he just developed a good relationship with Kobe. Gasol was acquired in a trade, Bynum was a draft pick...

None of the teams Kobe won his rings on had as many good players as the 90s Bulls or Lebron's Heat... Kobe had one other star teammate in Shaq/Pau and rest were average. Yeah, in 2004, we got Payton & Malone, but neither played well on that team and Payton couldn't grasp the system + Malone got injured, they were garbage in the Playoffs and well past their primes...

The 08 Lakers squad Kobe took to the Finals had 0 all-stars on it. Pau didn't make the cut (he wasn't as good in Memphis that year) and Bynum had a season-ending injury in January, Ariza didn't get any minutes that year, yet Kobe led that team to the best record in the West and got them in the NBA Finals and if it weren't for a collective chokejob, the series would have gone to 7 games against arguably the best defensive team of that decade.

Lebron has 2 all-stars and a bunch of great role players, elite shooters and he wins 2 rings and is already in talks of being the GOAT, but Kobe gets one all-star big man and some shooters (that were garbage on other teams or had yet to prove themselves) and all of a sudden Kobe benefits from playing in the big market, because everyone LOVES to play in LA? FOH. Kobe had about as much help as Duncan did for most of his career, and Duncan has been playing with 2 HOFers and a GOAT-tier coach his ENTIRE career and now has Kawhi + a bunch of elite role players to carry him to more Playoff success, yet he moves up on the all-time list while barely putting up all-star numbers? If Kobe averaged 15 points for the Playoffs and had someone else win the FMVP over him, you people would not count that ring at all and he'd probably move down on your lists... the double standards on this forum are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    He's more like Favre or Brady IMO.
    Tom Brady for sure. Favre was a postseason choker he should of won more championships and only has one Super Bowl win in what 17 or 18 years?

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    Lol somebody just got exposed
    Yeah from what? My thread lol if that means anything. If you read that thread you'd see I picked Kobe over Jeter anyway that pic was telling though.
    Last edited by Cold soul; 10-13-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Tom Brady for sure. Favre was a postseason choker he should of won more championships and only has one Super Bowl win in what 17 or 18 years?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UUeqvquXZI

This shit to this day is just

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UUeqvquXZI

This shit to this day is just
    That was such a bonehead throw and decision by Favre right there. Favre could of ran for five or so yards or thrown the ball away and given their kicker a chance to win the game. Favre was a gunslinger and lived by the motto live by the sword, die by the sword. Favre also choked against Giants 07/08 playoffs throwing yet another INT to losing the game and his final pass as Green Bay Packer.
    Last edited by Cold soul; 10-13-2014 at 04:55 PM.