Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: Klay Thompson: Best 2-way guard, video showcasing his offense & defense

Lacks explosiveness and tighter handles to really become a superstar or just a perennial all-star. Does everything well though and would be an important piece to any championship squad.

If Mitch Richmond and Reggie Miller was a second tier type of shooting guard, Klay is a third tier one with the likes of Allan Houston, Stackhouse, Steve Smith, Eddie Jones, etc.

Default Re: Klay Thompson: Best 2-way guard, video showcasing his offense & defense

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Because he's clearly not. I know people hate Harden here and I'm not fan of his, but he was the most productive SG overall. All year long last year it was being debated at times between Harden and Wade (then it became Harden only), followed by DeMar.

Thompson's defense isn't about trump what Harden did all year long for the Rockets.

Infact, if Kobe and Wade have bounce back years, he's still Top 5 at best next season.

Harden
    Wade/Kobe
    Kobe/Wade
    DeMar (he could be #2 if Wade and Kobe decline further)
    Klay
    This. Klay is overrated, and massively so.

His numbers:

18/3/2/1 on 56TS% - 14.3 PER

playoffs:

16/3/4 53TS% - 12 PER

Those numbers pale in comparison to Wade's, who everyone has been saying was awful this year and had a terrible season. But this guy is 'the best 2-way guard now?' please. Best 2-way guards don't have PERs of 12 in the playoffs.

I think he's a good 3rd option, and that's it.

I rule the local playground

Dion Waiters > honestly