Thread: Andre Drummond

Default Andre Drummond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGyENsTM5Z0

showing all types of improvements

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Drummond

Sad to think that Drummond and Monroe will be separated at the deadline/next summer because of the Josh Smith acquisition... They could have become a great frontline

NBA Superstar

What did he shoot from the field in this performance? I have been really down on his back-to-the-basket game ever since he came into the league and I was not sure if he'd ever be able to get to a point where he could be relied upon in that position. It looks like it's coming along, though some of those hooks looked a little unorthodox. He may have also benefited from some lucky bounces there.

Still, it appears there's been progress, but it shall take an extended sample size to see what we really have on our hands here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    What did he shoot from the field in this performance? I have been really down on his back-to-the-basket game ever since he came into the league and I was not sure if he'd ever be able to get to a point where he could be relied upon in that position. It looks like it's coming along, though some of those hooks looked a little unorthodox. He may have also benefited from some lucky bounces there.

Still, it appears there's been progress, but it shall take an extended sample size to see what we really have on our hands here.
    perfect 9-9 from the field

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204

9/9 FG 3/10 FT though

NBA Superstar

^Thanks, gents.^

A fine evening. I am unsure if I ever thought I'd see Andre Drummond go 4/4 on jumphooks in a single game. Hopefully he can build off this but again, only time shall tell.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Bad touch around the rim? I remember the US scrimmage and he airballed like two relatively open shots in the post.

But then again (and I didn't watch much of the Pistons last year; blame Smoove), he was what? 2nd in FG% in the NBA.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Obviously has worked on his little jump hook hard over the off-season - still very far from perfect - but a very encouraging sign.

I would go as far to say that offensively he looks to be ahead of Dwight when he was 21 (same age as Drummond)

In 3-4 years time I can see this becoming somewhat of a weapon if he keeps working on it / progressing his jump hook...

He needs to work on his free throw shooting - he will be one of the most fouled players over the next decade - can't be shooting Ben Wallace numbers if he wants to become the best C in the league...

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Bad touch around the rim? I remember the US scrimmage and he airballed like two relatively open shots in the post.

But then again (and I didn't watch much of the Pistons last year; blame Smoove), he was what? 2nd in FG% in the NBA.
    nah, his touch is pretty freaking awesome. His moves still need some work and his ft are insane

He got one post up against the bulls in game i watched last season, scored an and1 on Jo.

Me thins SVG will play him differently

National High School Star

Still only just turned 21 a few months ago...

Will be watching.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara
    He got one post up against the bulls in game i watched last season, scored an and1 on Jo.

Me thins SVG will play him differently
    Not to sound like a broken record, but we'll have to see if Drummond really has developed a semi-consistent jump hook or whether he was just feeling it tonight. Last season (and the season prior), Andre looked so awful and so uncomfortable in the post, that it may have been deemed silly for any coach to consider giving him consistent looks inside with his back to the basket.

I am trying not to be hyperbolic, but I feel there were numerous results of his post game where it honestly reminded me of some middle schoolers I've coached, just in terms of visible discomfort and the subsequently wild result.

Those moves didnt look too smooth but it looks like hes worked on it alot and seems to be getting friendly rolls which is always good

Definitely a work in progress, but he is looking good. Needs to a develop a counter move as well and continue working on his footwork. If he continues developing he is going to be pretty scary in a few years.