Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Congrats To Harden For Winning His 1st scoring Title

With no Durant, his only competition is Westbrook.

But Harden doesn't have to deal with Lin and Parsons taking away stats.
    And Harden can not play D and stad pad to his heart's content.

Congrats Harden. You might not make the playoffs, but you'll continue to be an "All Star" with a scoring title.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Congrats To Harden For Winning His 1st scoring Title

so 15 fts a game instead of 9?

Sunshine State

Well either LeBron and Melo will beat him to it.

Harden is one of the most difficult players to watch. He should be really fun considering the amount of offensive talent he has, but I just can't bear the constant fishing for foul calls, and it's cringeworthy when he doesn't get them. It seems he plays to get foul calls instead of playing to make plays.

He's gonna have to show the refs a lot of love before games.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    Harden is one of the most difficult players to watch. He should be really fun considering the amount of offensive talent he has, but I just can't bear the constant fishing for foul calls, and it's cringeworthy when he doesn't get them. It seems he plays to get foul calls instead of playing to make plays.
    So Harden goes to the free throw line one time more per game than Lebron, Melo, Derozan, Love, Cousins, Blake, and the same amount of times as Dwight and Durant, but somehow Harden's game is difficult to watch?

I enjoy his game. And his free throws. If you cant stay in front of him, you're going to foul. Its as simple as that.

Not happening. Even old man Kobe is a better scorer than Harden and guys like Lebron and Melo is easily better scorer than Harden. Harden scoring moves is composed of chucking 3s and driving while flopping his way to the ft line. Without calls this guy is nothing. Also, don't count KD out. Dude is said to be out for 6 - 8 weeks. By December he'll be back and he's easily the best scorer in the league today.

Best score total he might be but on average it will still be Durant's

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    So Harden goes to the free throw line one time more per game than Lebron, Melo, Derozan, Love, Cousins, Blake, and the same amount of times as Dwight and Durant, but somehow Harden's game is difficult to watch?

I enjoy his game. And his free throws. If you cant stay in front of him, you're going to foul. Its as simple as that.
    There's a biiig difference in the way Harden gets his FT's

Pretty sure Durant can still likely qualify for the scoring title. The minimum number of games a player can play and still qualify is 58. Even if Durant is out until December 12th, and doesn't miss another game the rest of the season, he won't miss 24 games. Now, if it's 10 weeks he might; I'd have to check OKC's schedule. However, there's still a minimum points requirement (I think) of 1,400 points. So, if he still scores 1,400 points he would qualify. 1,400 points = 30 PPG over 46-47 games; 1,400 points = 28 PPG over 50 games.

So it's not completely out of the question for Durant to still win the scoring title. However, I do think OKC will be careful with him throughout the regular season and rest him off-and-on even after he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    There's a biiig difference in the way Harden gets his FT's
    There's a different way to get fouled?

I read a lot of bitching on here about his foul shots, but I've yet to have someone objectively watch a game and flat out deny that Harden gets fouled. Because he does. A lot.

It may not look pretty, but whether you want to admit it or not, drawing fouls is a skill. I used to draw fouls all the time. Leave your feet, I'm jumping into you. Don't slide your feet, I'm gonna make you bump me. Have your hands out, I'm gonna make you rake my arm. When you're bigger (and as a 6'1" PG in high school, I was bigger), I used my size to get rough and create contact, because that's the easiest way to score.

And I laughed my way to the free throw line. While its true he does over exaggerate some of the fouls to sell the contact, the contact exists nonetheless. A foul is a foul. You don't call fouls for varying degrees of physicality, you call a foul when you see one, and I see Harden get fouled, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Pretty sure Durant can still likely qualify for the scoring title. The minimum number of games a player can play and still qualify is 58. Even if Durant is out until December 12th, and doesn't miss another game the rest of the season, he won't miss 24 games. Now, if it's 10 weeks he might; I'd have to check OKC's schedule. However, there's still a minimum points requirement (I think) of 1,400 points. So, if he still scores 1,400 points he would qualify. 1,400 points = 30 PPG over 46-47 games; 1,400 points = 28 PPG over 50 games.

So it's not completely out of the question for Durant to still win the scoring title. However, I do think OKC will be careful with him throughout the regular season and rest him off-and-on even after he comes back.
    The requirements are either 70+ games or 1400+ points. Durant might not be able to play 70+ games, but he should have no trouble scoring 1400+ points, so you are right, he is still very much in the race.
    Last edited by BigTicket; 10-13-2014 at 03:34 AM.