Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: So, why was Lebron scared to participate in the Slam Dunk Competition?

Its a very good question.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: So, why was Lebron scared to participate in the Slam Dunk Competition?

can't perform under pressure, bran's the type of ni99a that can only have sex with the lights off, dont want that eye contact and need his woman to constantly whisper reassurance into his ear in order for him to stay hard

"tell me how big I am boo"

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxYHnfb4IYQ

Not bad. Reminds me of a mix between Shawn Kemp / Larry Nance.
    85% of this board doesn't know who Larry Nance is, unfortunately
    Last edited by Hey Yo; 10-12-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    can't perform under pressure, bran's the type of ni99a that can only have sex with the lights off, dont want that eye contact and need his woman to constantly whisper reassurance into his ear in order for him to stay hard

"tell me how big I am boo"
    Dunk contest? Pressure?

I always thought he wasn't a creative dunker. He just never seemed agile enough to pull off flashy stuff. After seeing those pregame shits though I think he could hold his own.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Dunk contest? Pressure?

exactly

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I always thought he wasn't a creative dunker. He just never seemed agile enough to pull off flashy stuff. After seeing those pregame shits though I think he could hold his own.
    I can't find the quote right now but lebron said he doesn't consider himself a "contest dunker". If you watch his warmup line dunks, you'll see that can do basically any of dunks that have won NBA dunk contests. He would probably lose the modern prop, influenced contests unless he was actually putting in time to come up with something never seen before.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Was too scared of failing and not living up to the pressure, essentially he cared too much what people thought about him, which is a major beta charactersitc

No one to pass the ball to. His team mates is not allowed to dunk for him.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    Lebron can do any dunk you've seen in the Dunk contest probably outside outside of the newer generation (flight brothers type stuff) video game dunks people have been practicing the last couple of years unless he actually put time into it. I mean, check out the dunks that won Kobe a dunk contest back in 1997

Kobe Bryant - 1997 NBA Slam Dunk Contest (Champion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVibdD3UqA&hd=1

lebron could do that sh1t with eyes closes it's so easy/basic

this practice dunk is better than anything kobe did in that video

Proven moron right here

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    Was too scared of failing and not living up to the pressure, essentially he cared too much what people thought about him, which is a major beta charactersitc
    ^ This. End thread. Beta gonna beta.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Proven moron right here

mad wade stan

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Lebron's dunking is like Terry Kennedy's skating compared to the Rodney Mullen's of the world like Jordan and Kobe.

I usually hit open layups

Lebron is not a slam dunk contest dunker. He gets really high but he has no flair or acrobatics to put on a show. Look at the HS dunk contest he was in for an example. To be honest there is really no player in the NBA who excites me like those AND1 Guys you see on youtube like Kenny Dobbs, Johnathan Clark, Kwame Alexander etc.