Default Anyone watch the Wolves v 76ers game today?

Rubio to Wiggins ally-oop was awesome

Was good to see the talent out there. My first few glimpses into Zach Lavine's game. Surprised me, I thought he would be all hops and not much else.

He showed some tenacious D and was getting his own shot.

Bennett looks a lot more settled. Nice stroke on some of his shots too.

Rubio is still an awful shooter, but he is a terrier fishing for steals and his passing is on point.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Anyone watch the Wolves v 76ers game today?

Minnesota have a shitload of young talent, they likely won't be good for a few years but damn they're going to be entertaining at times.
    I still believe the cavs either a) shouldn't have given up Bennett, or b) had worked Dieng into the deal. They will look like losers (when compared to the Timberwolves) of this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkyBarKid
    Minnesota have a shitload of young talent, they likely won't be good for a few years but damn they're going to be entertaining at times.
    I still believe the cavs either a) shouldn't have given up Bennett, or b) had worked Dieng into the deal. They will look like losers (when compared to the Timberwolves) of this trade.

They will need to surround that team with leaders and veterans to smooth that team out.

It's great to have athletic, exciting players on your team, but when the play slows down to a grind in the playoffs, it's your veterans that will carry you through.

Watched a bit of it. AB looked really good.

If he can get/stay in great shape, he'll be entertaining as hell. Lots of natural quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Watched a bit of it. AB looked really good.

If he can get/stay in great shape, he'll be entertaining as hell. Lots of natural quickness.

Yeah, I hope so.

I hope he turns out to be a really good player. So many doubt him.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkyBarKid
    lol you dont lose a top 5 player in the nba and win. if love didnt force his way out the wolves never would have made that trade period. the wolves look bad as a team in this preseason game against the worst team in the nba, nothing more to see here. this team will get killed out west this year and fun wont be a good way to describe losing basketball, as a cavs fan who sat threw 4 straight losing seasons let me tell you losing is not fun.
    Last edited by El Gato Negro; 10-11-2014 at 09:20 AM.

this team will be pretty to watch

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Anyone watch the Wolves v 76ers game today?
    OP: Seeking Masochist

Who was the idiot that thought the alley oop was for him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2yKht9UIjQ

It is going to be a fun season, in terms of watching the new Timberwolves in action. Bennett, I know it is only preseason, looked really good on the offensive end. He seemed more into the game and he was active on the glass. He reminds me of Larry Johnson (UNLV/Hornets/Knicks) with his wide body and ability to absorb contact and not get off balance. He is going to special.

Wiggins. Oh boy. As his confidence grows (much like Bennett) he is going to get better. Maybe he should call Kobe or have Kobe needs to call Wiggins. But once Wiggins makes that adjustment to NBA level play and his confidence grows, the Wolves are going to be fun.

Lavine: I love his attitude!! He is aggressive. He looks to attack everything!!

Then you throw in Mo Williams. The Wolves are going to shock some teams this year.

Rubio is going to be Rubio. I don't understand why folks want him to be anything else. He is a passing guard. He is not going to score in the 20 point range. We are lucky if he gives us 15 a night. He understands his role.

I like my Wolves chances this season.