Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2k15: MyCareer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    My cousin has X1 and he's having similar issues, while I haven't had any issues on the PS4 since the first couple of days.
    It seems to be random across all consoles from what I can piece together from news articles about it. I had no issues during it's first week or so at all while others were having problems. I guess I should be happy I can even connect a lot of people can't connect at all still even after ronnie2k announced they had fixed the server issues.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Has anyone won ROY yet? Both the guys I have who have played their rookies years and the 2 I have who are close to the end weren't even on the race for it. Even though one of them led all rookies in points, assists, steals and blocks and led the entire league in fg% he still wasn't even on the award race.

I have too much trouble picking which player to keep playing though that's my biggest frustration.

Just finished the regular season, and nope. Didn't even make an all rookie team. I guess we don't play enough games to qualify.

Mixed feelings here. I haven't checked the standings because I don't really give a ****. My team wins like 4 of their last 6 going into the last game of the season and we're sitting on 35 wins for the season. I figure no way that's making the playoffs.

Long story short: comeback from 16, my guy hits a transition 3 to tie the game, Blake gets blocked with 5 seconds left, I take it coast to coast to win at the buzzer and I find out that pushed us in a 3 way tie for the 8th seed, and we own the tie-breaker.

I want to go to my new team already... I didn't even want to play this last game today, but I figured I might as well finish the season. Ugh, now to shock the world (or more likely get swept and waste 3 hours of my life).

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Just finished the regular season, and nope. Didn't even make an all rookie team. I guess we don't play enough games to qualify.
    I was thinking this as well. I don't think we get to regularly play games until just before the all star break.

You know what I'm really enjoying are the player tendencies shining through in this game.

In the past versions, it's always felt to me like a game of 5v5 pickup with whatever NBA teams are being used. Now I haven't really played any actual games except about 4 on MyTeam and the Spurs vs Heat installation one, but I've really noticed player specific stuff in MyCareer.

I'm a SG who rarely plays SF. When I play the Warriors, I always have to chase Klay out to the 3pt line on fastbreaks. The other players I'm stopping them in their lanes. Klay is bombing fastbreak 3s over my head. They nailed Melo, and he's a bitch to guard. Easily the most difficult player I've had to check. Jab stepping pullups, post up fadeawys, that baseline drive he always does in real life. Pain in the ass.

Even with Noah. I ended up on the Bulls after the FA (was going LA, but Chicago offered me almost 100 more a game and a better situation) and they are always using Noah in the high post. Back when I was on the Suns, if Plumlee got the ball there then it would be a handoff to one of the guards or a pass to a 3pt shooter 10/10 times. In the two games I've played for the Bulls, Noah has been creating off some high-low game with Gasol and it's great to watch.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-21-2014 at 03:36 AM.

Created a 6'6 SG. Joined Orlando since there are many scrubs there, faster chance of my player to become a star. 4 games in,1 game left in my 10 day contract, next game my player will play 14mins on rotation.

Here are the stats.

14.8 mpg 7.2ppg 2.5 rpg 1.5 apg on 25% shooting.

Superstar / Simulation

I don't like how your player is an undrafted bum on pace to becoming the league's best player. Too unrealistic. Although I like the gameplay more than last year. More realistic feel and the A.I. isn't robotic.

Banned

I started a new offline player because I was sick of 2k's piece of shit servers losing progress all the time (some people are reporting them for fraud now after losing vc and refusing to refund it lol). Anyway I'm a 6"10 SF playing for charlotte. I have just finished both 10 days contracts and am average 18pts 4rbs 3asts 1.5 stls 1blk. Seems slower to skill up in offline mode though and I'm using my size to post up smaller defenders a lot until I can shoot better.

Love Live Life

Anybody got he posterizer badge? If so how do you get it?

I've been dunking on nikkas like crazy and no badge. Only badge I got for my PF is gold screen outlet badge, cool and collected, and spark plug.

I had the best game of my career so far on my first start against the Spurs. I had 21/18/3 assists/3blks Dunked on Splitter like 2 times

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Anybody got he posterizer badge? If so how do you get it?

I've been dunking on nikkas like crazy and no badge. Only badge I got for my PF is gold screen outlet badge, cool and collected, and spark plug.

I had the best game of my career so far on my first start against the Spurs. I had 21/18/3 assists/3blks Dunked on Splitter like 2 times
    Haven't gotten posterizer but I do have volume scorer, the more shots I make the quicker I heat up.

Love Live Life

Haven't gotten posterizer but I do have volume scorer, the more shots I make the quicker I heat up.
    You got that from taking a lot of shots?

I started a new offline player because I was sick of 2k's piece of shit servers losing progress all the time (some people are reporting them for fraud now after losing vc and refusing to refund it lol). Anyway I'm a 6"10 SF playing for charlotte. I have just finished both 10 days contracts and am average 18pts 4rbs 3asts 1.5 stls 1blk. Seems slower to skill up in offline mode though and I'm using my size to post up smaller defenders a lot until I can shoot better.
    How do you get steals? I block shots fine, especially considering I'm an undersized SG, but I'm always trying to jump the passing lanes and reaching in (pressing x) doesn't do sweet f*ck all, even on sloppier ballhandlers I find.

Passing lanes is probably the easiest from my experience. The CPU makes predictable passes. Like they could have a wide open shot or lane and you can tell they HAVE to make a pass. You see that same play where each wing runs off a screen on opposite sides of the foul line and it's almost always the second guy getting the ball. You just bait the pass and jump it. Same with post ups.

Or that's what I do. Tho I don't get many steals. Like 50 tipped passes, turned into instant buckets for some reason. But I figure eventually those tipped passes will turn into steals.

That's another thing that bothers me. The computer recovers crazy fast. If I tip a pass, they get it and are instantly in their shooting motion. I block a shot and somehow they get it and they are instantly in their shooting motion. I swear I'm gonna break something if I see that animation where the computer catches a tipped pass behind his back again. How often can that possibly happen? Who has reflexes like that?
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-21-2014 at 10:37 PM.

11 games in, are there no press conferences in this year's my career? Also, how to view league news, the injuries and how to get steals. I only have 0.4 spg which is bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    11 games in, are there no press conferences in this year's my career? Also, how to view league news, the injuries and how to get steals. I only have 0.4 spg which is bad...
    There are press conferences when there are certain events. I've had a press conference for my first start, an ejection, and my first 20/20 game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    Press conferences happen a lot when you start.

To get steals I think it helps having a big wing span. On max wingspan I can just swat the ball if they are holding/dribbling it near my main hand and this game doesn't call fouls as often on reach ins so you can spam it. That and baiting passes works with a long wing span.

Haven't won a single game since I joined the Magic. Already a starter and our team is the worst in the league. Superstar difficulty is harder this year than last year. 5 straight games getting blown out by 30 points. I think I'll lower the difficulty next time I play. Also, every game my team is shooting 40% below fg. One game against Miami we shot 18%.

Anyway, how to unlock the Alpha Dog and Fierce Competitor badges?