Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 2014-15 NBA West Preview

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    I'm gonna remind everybody that the Grizzlies had the best record in the league upon the return of Marc Gasol (which was no small stretch of 50-odd games).

If they're the team to fall out of the playoffs, then more power to the upstarts. But significant injuries would be the only explanation.
    i forgot all about memphis. dunno why i did that

healthy grizzlies team will make the playoffs

Seriously, Grizzlies outplayed the Thunder for 4 straight games (2-5)...

And in game 1 they were stopped by the refs after making a comeback to cut it to, what, 4? 6?

Game 7 no Randolph.. Can hardly be counted. AND had a double Digit lead in the 2nd quarter.

teams like the grizzlies and nuggets have years experience playing as a group and know what it takes to win games on the regular

i rank both of them over teams like Houston, Dallas, Suns

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    teams like the grizzlies and nuggets have years experience playing as a group and know what it takes to win games on the regular

i rank both of them over teams like Houston, Dallas, Suns
    Nuggets, really?
    I still can't believe that most of you guys are overlooking New Orleans.
    Davis will be in the top 3 players in the West.
    Jrue Holiday is legit, so is Evans, Asik, Anderson and Gordon.
    Davis and Asik patrolling the middle will be huge, stopping penetrators.
    Anderson if healthy will stretch the floor and open things for everyone esp shooter Gordon. Holiday is heady.

yeah, really. we won 57 games 15 months ago, getting the 3rd seed over Memphis and LAC

sure. we wont win 57 without Karl. But 50+ is realistic

and i dont know what to feel about the Pelicans. Looks great on paper, but it looked good last year as well.

i give the other 8-10 teams the benefit of a doubt because they have proven they can be in the playoff hunt with the core they got. when the Pelicans have not

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    yeah, really. we won 57 games 15 months ago, getting the 3rd seed over Memphis and LAC

sure. we wont win 57 without Karl. But 50+ is realistic

and i dont know what to feel about the Pelicans. Looks great on paper, but it looked good last year as well.

i give the other 8-10 teams the benefit of a doubt because they have proven they can be in the playoff hunt with the core they got. when the Pelicans have not
    New Orleans looked good early last year until they got ravaged by injuries.
    15 months ago Denver was very good with every player clicking but 15 months later
    1. Clips much better.
    2. Warriors much better
    3. Westbrook is healthier.
    4. Portland is wiser and therefore better.
    5. Dallas better roster esp defensively
    6. Spurs still good.
    7. Memphis still good.
    Now factor in that Denver has a lot of question marks in health with their main rotation, facing 7-9 tough teams, that's about 32 very tough games this season.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 10-09-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Learning to shoot layups nzamcdza's Avatar

1) Thunder
    2) Clippers
    3) Spurs
    4) Warriors
    5) Blazers
    6) Mavericks
    7) Grizzlies
    8) Rockets

1. LA Clippers - Now that the BS is behind them and they have gotten into the grove playing together I think they could surprise here (Durant injury helps)
    2. OKC - There is more than enough talent left without Durant to keep them in the running until he gets back. Look for Ibaka to show an expanded game with KD on the sidelines.
    3. SA Spurs - The champs are back and I wanted to put them higher, but they ARE older and we'll see if Kawhi can emerge as a superstar and future leader of this amazingly managed team.
    4. Portland Trail Blazers - Consistency is key, we have to wonder if we will see that first half Blazers team from last year again. If not, this might be too high.
    5. Dallas Mavs - Could easily be 4th, seems like an aged team with some odd pieces, but they have been perennial contenders with Dirk around I can see them being tough again this year.
    6. Houston Rockets - Striking out on Bosh hurt, but losing Chandler when they could have kept him for peanuts hurts more. They need some development just to keep this spot. Could be a disaster season, but could end up jumping past here if they gel.
    7. GS Warriors - Hardest team for me to place, they are very dangerous and could well be much higher with a new direction, but they have their downfalls that might not be easy to overcome.
    8. NO Pelicans - Hardest spot to assign as there is going to be some deserving teams missing, but I'm looking forward to watching Davis become a true superstar that can put a team on his back and drag them through.

Obviously there is a bunch of teams who could plummet with 1 injury to any number of players. Also teams like the Grizz, Nuggets and Suns will be pushing for a spot the bottom half of the West playoff bracket.