Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast
    Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron's Vertical Revealed

is every1 arguing against 3ball in here lol, not even jordan stans believe his crap

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    is every1 arguing against 3ball in here lol, not even jordan stans believe his crap
    While Id on't think Jordons chin is at the rim on that pic, I think it's pretty obvious he has minimum 43-44 inch vertical at some stage in the 80's. It doesn't look as impressive since he is shorter then lebron. Also Jordon > Lebron in dunking (Combining vert, style, handling and other factors)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankstar
    While Id on't think Jordons chin is at the rim on that pic, I think it's pretty obvious he has minimum 43-44 inch vertical at some stage in the 80's. It doesn't look as impressive since he is shorter then lebron. Also Jordon > Lebron in dunking (Combining vert, style, handling and other factors)
    agreed.

when jordan gets the top of his head level with the rim, that is a 42 inch vertical (10 feet minus 6'6")..

so even if jordan was eye-level with the rim in that picture instead of mouth level, that would be a 46-inch vertical, assuming his eyes are 4 inches below the top of his head.
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-04-2014 at 01:26 AM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

When did Jordan ever do something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTgTSzBf7SE

LeBron is the much better 1 leg leaper. He gets a lot higher than Jordan. Look at Jordan's Ft lines. He jumps just enough to dunk the ball, doesn't get that high at all. He wouldn't be able to get as high as Lebron and still travel that distance in the air. I'll give him the one he did in 1988. He got pretty high on that dunk but he passed/stepped on the line. Also keep in mind that Lebron does that shit in ACTUAL games not in dunk contests. Not to mention how much heavier LeBron is compared to Jordan..

LeBron can easily top Jordan's FT dunks. Just watch the video, look where he lands and how easily he does it. Makes it look easy
    Last edited by yarrak; 10-04-2014 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yarrak
    When did Jordan ever do something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTgTSzBf7SE

You are probably trolling but Jordan has dunked like that hundreds of times - not with the same power, but it's the same dunk... and he usually takes off from further...

Here's Jordan taking off from a severe diagonal - outside of the paint at a diagonal - this is a FT line distance dunk, probably the furthest Jordan's ever taken off from in a game - has Lebron ever dunked on anyone from this far out???.... I'm pretty sure he hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by yarrak

LeBron is the much better 1 leg leaper. He gets a lot higher than Jordan. Look at Jordan's Ft lines. He jumps just enough to dunk the ball, doesn't get that high at all...

I'll give him the one he did in 1988. He got pretty high on that dunk.
    Let me get this straight - you concede that Jordan jumped as high as Lebron for his 1988 FT line dunk, but you still think Lebron jumps much higher off one leg?

that doesn't make any sense.

Also, Jordan double-pumped it in 1987 where his foot was behind the line.... NOBODY IN HISTORY did it this easy (other than maybe Dr. J).

Also, remember that Lebron's ENTIRE FOOT WAS INSIDE THE LINE on his in-game FT line dunk.... Jordan went the same distance on the dunk below where he is going diagonally and therefore can take off from just inside the elbow and travel the same distance as Lebron's dunk... it's geometry.

Last edited by 3ball; 10-04-2014 at 03:27 AM.

Did this guy just say nobody in history did a free throw line dunk easier than Jordan?

Do you know who James White is? if not you should youtube him before making claims like that.
    Jordan's foot was clearly on the line by the way. You can even see it in your gif

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Did this guy just say nobody in history did a free throw line dunk easier than Jordan?

Do you know who James White is? if not you should youtube him before making claims like that.
    Jordan's foot was clearly on the line by the way. You can even see it in your gif
    you got me on the james white thing...

i remember watching him back in college when we first got a glimpse of him on mixtapes doing windmills from the FT line off one leg...

nonetheless, i don't see anyone looking as graceful and at ease dunking from the ft line than jordan (other than dr. j, who i'm sure had many other FT line dunks we've never seen).
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-07-2014 at 08:21 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    You are probably trolling but Jordan has dunked like that hundreds of times - not with the same power, but it's the same dunk... and he usually takes off from further...

Here's Jordan taking off from a severe diagonal - outside of the paint at a diagonal - this is a FT line distance dunk, probably the furthest Jordan's ever taken off from in a game - has Lebron ever dunked on anyone from this far out???.... I'm pretty sure he hasn't.

Let me get this straight - you concede that Jordan jumped as high as Lebron for his 1988 FT line dunk, but you still think Lebron jumps much higher off one leg?

that doesn't make any sense.

Also, Jordan double-pumped it in 1987 where his foot was behind the line.... NOBODY IN HISTORY did it this easy (other than maybe Dr. J).

Also, remember that Lebron's ENTIRE FOOT WAS INSIDE THE LINE on his in-game FT line dunk.... Jordan went the same distance on the dunk below where he is going diagonally and therefore can take off from just inside the elbow and travel the same distance as Lebron's dunk... it's geometry.

Jordan barely dunks the ball in most of those dunks...He even leaned forward so he could dunk it..Of course not with the same power. You can't finish it with power when you barely dunk it. Lebron could have gone a lot further and still finished it with power in that video I posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQLUvMNRQ-o

Same with this one. He could have jumped from behind the ft line and still dunked it with ease. Lebron does that in the 4th quarter in an ACTUAL game when he is all tired and shit...

Everyone is arguing against you for a reason you close minded ****. I'm not even gonna argue with you anymore. You're just a waste of time.

Lebron>>>>>>Jordan as a 1 leg leaper. No matter what you say, it ain't gonna chance the truth

it's funny how far Jordan has to reach hard on his free throw line dunks while LeBron just does his usual stuff

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    it's funny how far Jordan has to reach hard on his free throw line dunks while LeBron just does his usual stuff

thats the thing many people are missing. Jordan has to fully extend foward while lebron is still doing his usual upright/cok back
    Last edited by Hoopz2332; 10-04-2014 at 01:20 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Umm, no. In the dunk contest FT line dunk, he's not "reaching" at all - he actually dunks it through as his arm is parallel with his body and the basket (i.e., he dunks it as his body is directly underneath the basket). Maybe you need to look at that again. And that's also after a pump, which decreases your air:

In that dunk from 1992 against Phoenix, he does reach a bit.

Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 10-04-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

yea that Lebron guy can really take off on that left leg. but Air Jordan still has the cooler foul line dunks.

Lebrons avoidance of the dunk contest proves he is not confident with being compared to MJ in terms of dunking in a pure contest like setting. This is the truth no matter his "Elevation"

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Rim level, considering where his shoulder is .

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate

Rim level, considering where his shoulder is .
    wow... nice find...

so rim-level WHILE GETTING HAMMERED AND DUNKING OVER A HOF 7-FOOTER.... and jordan's head is tilted because it's being hit by ewing's arm...

here's Jordan dunking from 2.5 feet inside the elbow, which is really one foot inside the FT line from straightaway.... Lebron's never done this either..

Last edited by 3ball; 10-08-2014 at 07:39 AM.