Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Decent playground baller WindmiLL's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James vs Kevin Durant - THE DEBATE HAS BEEN ENDED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

I lol'd. Perfect use of the gif

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    You honestly believe LeBron would beat Kevin Durant in EVERY matchup? That's not gonna happen. It'd be pretty even if they faced off. Don't forget, 1v1 matchups are all about playing defense, offense, and rebounding. If you only place those things in there, then Durant has the advantage. He's the far better offensive player, his rebounding is slightly better and his defense is about even as LeBron's if you're talking about last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Wait, are you serious?

You honestly believe LeBron would beat Kevin Durant in EVERY matchup? That's not gonna happen. It'd be pretty even if they faced off. Don't forget, 1v1 matchups are all about playing defense, offense, and rebounding. If you only place those things in there, then Durant has the advantage. He's the far better offensive player, his rebounding is slightly better and his defense is about even as LeBron's if you're talking about last season.

Kevin Durant's 2013-14 Shot Chart

LeBron James' 2013-14 Shot Chart

Now look at these shot charts from the 2013-14 NBA season. Kevin Durant is much more versatile than LeBron James when it comes to scoring. You're not going to get a bucket every time by driving to the basket, so you saying LeBron will win about every single matchup makes you sound delusional. Just quit being biased for once, and have some knowledge about basketball. Not everything is going to be about
    "LeBron James".

Didn't even notice this...

Dammit Smook, what you turning into worries me..

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    Lebron is the better player. This is only a debate on this worthless forum. Serious basketball fans don't even consider the possibility of Durant being better.
    No not really. I do think lebron is the best player in the world, but lets not act like it isnt close. Career wise, well no shit. But currently it certainly is. He won the MVP over bron, carried a huge load playing lots of minutes and lead OKC to 59 wins with Westbrook missing half the season. Had one of the greatest scoring season ever, 12 straight 30+ point games, 43 straight 25+ point games.

From January onwards he averaged 34/7/6 and was extremely efficient over the whole season. Although he wasnt great in the playoffs and it showed that he needs to work on his game (eg post play), he was still solid and had some huge games against 3 of the top teams in the league. And lets not act like bron was amazing either, i wasnt really impressed with his playoff performance at all really and his defense took a notable hit.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Yes he is. You are more likely to get an intelligent discussion by striking up conversations with chipmunks and squirrels.

Just came into the thread to say that Lebron is, was, will be always better than Durant IMO.

But I keep hearing how much I hate on Lebron all day, has to be true

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    No not really. I do think lebron is the best player in the world, but lets not act like it isnt close. Career wise, well no shit. But currently it certainly is. He won the MVP over bron, carried a huge load playing lots of minutes and lead OKC to 59 wins with Westbrook missing half the season. Had one of the greatest scoring season ever, 12 straight 30+ point games, 43 straight 25+ point games.

From January onwards he averaged 34/7/6 and was extremely efficient over the whole season. Although he wasnt great in the playoffs and it showed that he needs to work on his game (eg post play), he was still solid and had some huge games against 3 of the top teams in the league. And lets not act like bron was amazing either, i wasnt really impressed with his playoff performance at all really and his defense took a notable hit.
    So what? Lebron had one of the greatest offensive seasons ever in 2013 by scoring 30+ points on 60% shooting in 6 consecutive games, he led his team to a 27 game winning streak, so you're just going to gloss over something like that because Durant had a great season and call it close? It isn't close at all.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

Bruh I was talking about all their head-to-head Matchups since 2010.. I think Durant has won 2, the one in 2014 (Miami), and I think (not checked stats/context), the 2012 one in OKC... I think, because I do know OKC won.
    LBJ owns Durant more than he owns Kobe and that's saying alot since LBJ own Kobe hard

LeBron James Stampedes the Thunder in OKC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tMQsCX0z74&hd=1

LeBron catches fire to end 1st half!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c26cnWlK2Ms&hd=1

Nightly Notable: LeBron Torches the Thunder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ClVgLKEKk&hd=1

LeBron & Durant battle to close 1st half of season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaTbGGGm354&hd=1

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Wonder if knicksman was saying the same thing about 25 year old LeBron when he won MVP and put up 35-9-7 in the playoffs.
    did he win a ring?NOpe and 2011 finals proved that lebron wasnt in his prime. Prime is when you are matured enough to win a ring.