Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Leaders in most triple doubles missed since 1985

I imagined maybe some more would find this interesting so i post it here, i got this idea last night when i saw Lebron missing yet another triple double, seeing him since his rookie year i remember him overall missing an abnormal amount of triple doubles (often due to blowouts, as in sitting out last minutes/quarter) so i decided to do a bit research including all players... unfortunately basketball-reference's gamefinder doesnt work further back than 1985, im 100% sure Oscar Robertson would be at the top.......

So, the criteria here is the player must had a double-double but missed a triple double with either 1-2 rebounds or assists or points etc. since 1985 (basketball-reference)

1. Lebron James - 77 missed triple doubles in 9 seasons (made a total of 41 career triple doubles, #7 all time)
    (46 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (31 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

2. Jason Kidd - 69 missed triple doubles in 19 seasons (made a total of 118 career triple doubles, #3 all-time)
    (21 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (43 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)
    (5 triple doubles missed by 1-2 points)

3. Magic Johnson - 61 missed triple doubles in 7-8 seasons (made a total of 81 triple doubles during those seasons, actual career total is 138 triple doubles, #2 all-time)
    (11 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (50 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

4. Larry Bird - 54 missed triple doubles in 7-8 seasons (made a total of 37 triple doubles during those seeasons, actual career total is 59 triple doubles, #5 all-time)
    (35 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (19 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

5. Charles Barkley - 52 missed triple doubles in 16 seasons (made a total of 24 career triple doubles)
    (49 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (3 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

6. Fat Lever - 48 missed triple doubles in 9 seasons (made a total of 43 career triple doubles)
    (26 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists) in
    (22 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

7. Kevin Garnett - 47 missed triple doubles in 18 seasons (made a total of 19 career triple doubles)
    (46 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (1 triple double missed by 1-2 rebounds)

8. Clyde Drexler - 40 missed triple doubles in 15 seasons (made a total of 25 career triple doubles)
    (25 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (15 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

9. Chris Webber - 38 missed triple doubles in 15 seasons (made a total of 22 career triple doubles)
    (35 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (3 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

10. Grant Hill - 37 missed triple doubles in 17 seasons (made a total of 25 career triple doubles)
    (27 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (10 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

CONCLUSION: As i guessed, Lebron has missed an unhealthy amount of triple doubles compared to anybody in a very short time.... hell not even Jason Kidd who has played much longer and has many more triple doubles than Lebron has missed that many triple doubles... Lebron has many more triple doubles he missed by way of both rebounds/assists being 1-2 assists short aswell.... and oh Charles Barkley & Kevin Garnett surprised me!
    Last edited by pauk; 11-10-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Winning>Stats

Default Re: Leaders in most triple doubles missed since 1985

A thread with a LeBron agenda. Didn't see this happening.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Hoiids's Avatar

According to @CoupNBA LeBron has been just 2 rebs or 2 asst shy of a triple double (as he was last nite) 75 times in his career.

75 or 76, either way, still amazing

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You really wasted your time looking up missed triple doubles?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoiids
    According to @CoupNBA LeBron has been just 2 rebs or 2 asst shy of a triple double (as he was last nite) 75 times in his career.

75 or 76, either way, still amazing

Local High School Star

nba players should be fined for stat padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You really wasted your time looking up missed triple doubles?
    Nah, took max 10 minutes thanks to the gamefinder at basketball-reference... and i always look for basketball knowledge in any shape or form... and this was interesting... better waste that small time on that rather than my other option right now... eh.. watching TV? :P

I just thought maybe some more would find it interesting, thats why i posted it here... thats all :)

Earned not given

I always wondered what the number was for the stat, and now that I know I'm surprised at how high it is.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Damn another lebron thread,now wait for response thread as to why lebron sucks from kenneth or riphtetik.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Fat Lever

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Damn another lebron thread,now wait for response thread as to why lebron sucks from kenneth or riphtetik.
    This thread is as much of a Lebron thread as it is a Fat Lever, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, Charles Barkley, Grant Hill, Clyde Drexler, Jason Kidd thread.... Lebrons last game only gave me the idea to this.... and why Lebron gave me this idea is not because he is a guy im a fan of, but because ive seen him miss a ridicilous amount of triple doubles compared to any other player ive ever been alive to see and ive seen alot of players before him..... and this result as you can see confirms that guess i had with Lebron missing the most..... thats all, i just wanted to know the answer to the question "What 10 guys missed the most triple doubles" and i got it.... thought i would post it here assuming some more would find it interesting.....

Now, that Lebron is at the top, is not my fault.... its not exactly happy news as a Lebron fan, its annoying seeing him miss that many TD's lol...

As far as Kenneth/Ripthekik goes, they do that on any random thread.... i have them on my ignore list, so they can be my guests...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    This thread is as much of a Lebron thread as it is a Fat Lever, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, Charles Barkley, Grant Hill, Clyde Drexler, Jason Kidd thread....

You can make your Lebron threads, but don't insult our intelligence please.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Nah, took max 10 minutes thanks to the gamefinder at basketball-reference... and i always look for lebron useless info any shape or form... and this was interesting... better waste that small time on that rather than my other option right now... eh.. watching TV? :P

I just thought maybe some more would find it interesting, thats why i posted it here... thats all :)
    I fixed your post for you

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Fat Lever
    Underrated as hell! In 1986 he averaged 19-9-8 and some other seasons he had near triple double averages aswell.... at only 6'3" he averaged two seasons over 9 RPG, in a more modern era mind you... for that size he might be one of the best (if not the best?) rebounders ever...
    Last edited by pauk; 11-08-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You can make your Lebron threads, but don't insult our intelligence please.
    Look mr Sarcastic, this thread is just some results i decided to show, its based on solely those facts you see above.... there is no "agenda" behind it, just results on who missed the most triple doubles.... its extremply simple... i thought maybe more would find it interesting (and as you can see above, some did)... if you dont like it then leave/ignore this thread or at least spare me your insulting posts while you are here....