Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe vs The Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    I mean i didnt even know who the admiral was. I had heard of robinson when people say that duncan won his first ring because of robinson. but he aint even impressive when compared to kobe. if anything you just made the guy look bad.

Its like saying who would you call to save you falling from a building mermaid man or superman. its so obvious its not even funny

An NBA fan not knowing of D. Rob is bad enough. But a fan dedicated enough to sign up to a forum?

Also, FYI, Duncan didn't win his first because of D. Rob. Robinson was better than Duncan in his rookie year, but not when they won their first (he won two with Duncan).

--

I pick Kobe. That's mainly because of longevity. If I had to take their best ten years, I'd have to really think.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Check his numbers on those title teams.
    Just did.... GODDAYUM!! was this a legit thread or a weak backfired troll attempt??

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

An NBA fan not knowing of D. Rob is bad enough. But a fan dedicated enough to sign up to a forum?

Also, FYI, Duncan didn't win his first because of D. Rob. Robinson was better than Duncan in his rookie year, but not when they won their first (he won two with Duncan).

--

I pick Kobe. That's mainly because of longevity. If I had to take their best ten years, I'd have to really think.
    I know right??? I had heard of him in the duncan conversations just the last name though. I joined up to this forum because I love NBA and none of my friends really get into it or want to talk about it so yeah that was my sign up motive.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Just did.... GODDAYUM!! was this a legit thread or a weak backfired troll attempt??
    Thread backfired heavily on the OP.

Get out the sprinklers.

U don't even know who drob is, so I'm guessing you started watching the league very recently...u really have no reason to be posting stuff like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    U don't even know who drob is, so I'm guessing you started watching the league very recently...u really have no reason to be posting stuff like this...
    why not.... lol I checked the stats between the two. and judging by the way players are judged on this site stats are very important to you people. If this D rob really has a case against kobe prove it.

I know who walt frazier is. oscar robinson. jerry west. elgin baylor.

why not.... lol I checked the stats between the two. and judging by the way players are judged on this site stats are very important to you people. If this D rob really has a case against kobe prove it.

I know who walt frazier is. oscar robinson. jerry west. elgin baylor.
    Did u even read the OP? It's not who's higher all-time, no one is going to argue that. It's who you would take to build your team around. I'd probably agree with T_L_P

Drob was an all-time great defender, won a mvp and dpoy and was a perrenial mvp and dpoy candidate. Im guessing you just looked at his stats when he won w/ Duncan when he was 34 and 37 which is why you think the stats favor kobe so much....During his prime he was putting up something like 25/12/3/3 w/ elite defense, a great player. But there are legiit criticisms of him, eg overall he didnt always play up to par in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Warfan; 09-04-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Guy was a ****ing loser. Got embarrassed by an old Hakeem the year he won the MVP and faced the Rockets in the WCF. Piggybacked Duncan to 2 rings.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Guy was a ****ing loser. Got embarrassed by an old Hakeem the year he won the MVP and faced the Rockets in the WCF. Piggybacked Duncan to 2 rings.
    im rolling with this guy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    Did u even read the OP? It's not who's higher all-time, no one is going to argue that. It's who you would take to build your team around. I'd probably agree with T_L_P
    So ..... wouldn't you want to build around the better player then??

Banned

Its obviously Robinson

Kobe is basically a negative on your team with his egotistical attitude, cancer in the locker room, low percentage chucking, and lack of defense, basically 90% of players would be more effective in winning games.

Gimme Robinson any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Its obviously Robinson

Kobe is basically a negative on your team with his egotistical attitude, cancer in the locker room, low percentage chucking, and lack of defense, basically 90% of players would be more effective in winning games.

ignore listed, no one should bother reading this idiot's posts.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Its obviously Robinson

Rent free.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    ignore listed, no one should bother reading this idiot's posts.
    Ignoring it isnt gonna make it any less true, keep thinking Bean is top 10

So ..... wouldn't you want to build around the better player then??
    Uh...i said id probably pick kobe. Read my post again. Just showing that you're misinformed, since you concluded that this was a troll thread because you saw drob's stats from his mid-late 30's...

Bigs are usually more valuable then perimeter players, especially one that can play at an elite level on both ends of the floor like drob. Im imagining what he'd do to the garbage ass bigs today
    Last edited by Warfan; 09-04-2014 at 08:42 AM.