Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has anyone had a dream where they died in it?

This happened to me last night and i've been thinking about it all day.

The dream goes like this...

I'm in this waiting area/lounge taking a seat. There's another man waiting as well. He gets up. He puts a bag over my head. Then whispers in my ear "this isn't personal". Then I feel a gun on the back of my head and in that split second I think to myself this is how it's going to end, then I feel peace. I hear the gunshot, but don't feel anything. My thoughts are clear I just wait for everything to go away now, but at that moment I wake up.

What does it mean? Have you guys had similar dreams? I'll say one thing though, but this dream extremely vivid and I get a sense now of what it's like knowing your going to die. Creeps me out.

Default Re: Has anyone had a dream where they died in it?

Yes, one time I dream I couldn't get up and died of a heart attack.

Another time I dream I was cut in school and died there by myself while everybody looked at me.

Another time I dreamt 5 people were robbing my house and I killed 3 of them but ended up dying trying to save my sister from being raped.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Yup, always wake up right as I'm dying though.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I've had those, but it's been a long time. The classic one where you are falling. In the dream I've actually hit the ground. It's not pain, but you feel the pressure..weird. Watch out when you die in your dream you don't ever wake up..sometimes.

I've had one where I felt I was drowning in a wall...it was a weird dream...

When you guys were having those dreams, what was going on in your real life? I'm in a transitional period of my life, so i feel like the dying thing is closing the chapter on some stuff.

I don't remember, as most of it was a long time ago...

Banned

Exact same except I was getting hit by a train. Same thoughts as well, like this is it and then bang, I wake up. I don't remember anything from the dream, I just remember appearing out of nowhere on a train-track.

I don't dream, everything is real life when I'm sleep.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I thought one couldn't die in one's dreams. At least, I haven't. I've been pierced by arrows before and inflicted with multiple gun shots in my dreams, but never really died from them. As someone mentioned in this thread already, I just feel a little pressure but still alive nevertheless.

I've had I think a couple of dreams where I died. One of them was extremely vivid, where I was in an overturned truck and then actually felt myself floating out of my body starting down at my own corpse. There was an interval of a few seconds where I started coming to terms with the "fact" that I was now dead. Then I woke up and felt off for the rest of that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    I thought one couldn't die in one's dreams. At least, I haven't. I've been pierced by arrows before and inflicted with multiple gun shots in my dreams, but never really died from them. As someone mentioned in this thread already, I just feel a little pressure but still alive nevertheless.
    Nigha had a bow and arrow fight in his dream. Did you just finish a Shakespeare reading or something?

These aren't dreams, you are actually observing real time deaths

I tend to have recurring dreams where I'm being hunted. The hunter never catches me, I usually out wit him. I'm usually eating carrots and digging tunnels underground. The hunter is kind of chubby, likes to carry a double barrel shotgun and has a speech impediment. Sometimes he cries when he's had enough of me outwitting him. I'll chew my carrot and say "whats up Doc?".

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    This happened to me last night and i've been thinking about it all day.

The dream goes like this...

I'm in this waiting area/lounge taking a seat. There's another man waiting as well. He gets up. He puts a bag over my head. Then whispers in my ear "this isn't personal". Then I feel a gun on the back of my head and in that split second I think to myself this is how it's going to end, then I feel peace. I hear the gunshot, but don't feel anything. My thoughts are clear I just wait for everything to go away now, but at that moment I wake up.

What does it mean? Have you guys had similar dreams? I'll say one thing though, but this dream extremely vivid and I get a sense now of what it's like knowing your going to die. Creeps me out.
    When I have dreams that I fell off something, I wake up shuddering and freak out for a few seconds. Those are by the worst dreams especially when you are sharing the bed with someone.

I also had one that I died in battle in Vietnam and thought about my girlfriend at the time. Bizarre
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 09-01-2014 at 08:21 PM.