Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default 8/31- Philippines vs. Greece Game Thread -2014 FIBA World

Blatche will play for the Philippines Team.

Last edited by Lebron23; 08-03-2014 at 01:24 AM.

Default Re: 8/31- Philippines vs. Greece Game Thread -2014 FIBA World

Blatche and these Filipino scrubs bout to put V-Span on blast. Only 28 days.

[COLOR="White"]Just gonna ignore that I have no f*cking clue why Blatche is playing for the Philippines [/COLOR]

I want a Philippines jersey!!!

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

lmao at Blatche actually having zero filipino blood

the WHITE side

Lmfao

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Blatche

Why a game thread for a game that is nearly a month away?

Spanoulis isn't even playing at the tournament you morons.

How many times did I tell you he played at the last summer's tournament with a knee and ankle injury, and he played this whole last season with a knee and ankle injury?

All the whole last season he never practiced with his team and he had to take off lots of time during the season and he only played at like 60% during the year. He played at EuroBasket with severe injuries last summer.

I have said that like 10 times already on this subject. That he was never medically cleared to play because of that.

They waited until the last moment before the training camp and did MRIs again on him and he still was not medically cleared. He simply can't keep playing with such bad injuries without resting and because there is no way to risk it since Greece won't insure their players, so his club team Olympiacos wouldn't allow him to play anyway, even if he wanted to risk it.

For Greece, the following players are missing the tournament:

Vassilis Spanoulis - injured

Kosta Koufos - Grizzlies would not let him play (typical NBA team BS)

Stratos Perperpoglou - injured

Loukas Mavrokefalidis - injured

Sofoklis Schortsanitis - injured

Antonis Fotsis, Michael Bramos, Nikos Pappas, Thanasis Antetokounmpo - they didn't come into the team for various reasons evidently.

Dimitris Diamantidis is not playing either, but he does not count as an absence, even though crazy Panathinaikos fans try to claim him as one, because he is retired from the national team.

Every summer for many years now, Greece misses 5-8 key players, and this summer they miss at least that many. So, same old same old.

However, this summer Greece does have one new positive development, which is that they have the best coach they have had since 2008, in Fotis Katsikaris. Every year, from 2009-2013, Greece had bad coaches, and that along with all the players missing tournaments every summer was a problem.

But now that they have a much better coach this summer, even with as usual, so many players being absent, that should help them a lot.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-03-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    lmao at Blatche actually having zero filipino blood
    not any worse than Ibaka for Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Spanoulis isn't even playing at the tournament you morons.

How many times did I have to tell you he played at the last summer's tournament with a knee and ankle injury, and he played this whole last season with a knee and ankle injury?

All the whole last season he never practiced with his team and he had to take off lots of time during the season and he only played at like 60% during the year. He played at EuroBasket with severe injuries last summer.

I have said that like 10 times already on this subject. That he was never medically cleared to play because of that.

They waited until the last moment before the training camp and did MRIs again on him and he still was not medically cleared. He simply can't keep playing with such bad injuries without resting and because there is no way to risk it since Greece won't insure their players.

For Greece, the following players are missing the tournament:

Kosta Koufos - Grizzlies would not let him play

Stratos Perperpoglou - injured

Loukas Mavrokefalidis - injured

You could have just said Spanoulis is injured so he won't be playing instead of going on a massive rant...
    Thanks for the info though.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

Just LOL at you thinking those two undeserving scrubs are actually injured

Spanoulis clearly wasn't at the level necessary to play competitive ball against guys like Rose, Lillard, Curry, Durant, etc. It was a respect thing more than anything, really. They didn't want to cut him so they made up an elaborate scenario in which he "really wanted to represent his country" and all that admirable shit..but in reality he was just nowhere near good enough. I shudder to think how badly he'd get destroyed trying to stay with D-Rose, Curry, Thompson, Lillard, Irving, etc. He'd quit basketball on the spot if he was in that position. Luckily the Greek NT got him out of that jam.

And of course that fat turd Sofo isn't on the team. I'm surprised that tub of shit can walk at this point. Another case of the Greek National Team respectfully cutting a guy in no way deserves to be on the team...by not actually cutting him, and instead coming up a respectable excuse.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    not any worse than Ibaka for Spain
    well at least ibaka lived in spain and speaks fluent spanish. blatche and the phillipines is just random as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by josh99
    You could have just said Spanoulis is injured so he won't be playing instead of going on a massive rant...
    Thanks for the info though.
    Apparently I did though. Because I said it several times here already in that FIBA World Cup thread that the mods deleted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Just LOL at you thinking those two undeserving scrubs are actually injured

Spanoulis clearly wasn't at the level necessary to play competitive ball against guys like Rose, Lillard, Curry, Durant, etc. It was a respect thing more than anything, really. They didn't want to cut him so they made up an elaborate scenario in which he "really wanted to represent his country" and all that admirable shit..but in reality he was just nowhere near good enough. I shudder to think how badly he'd get destroyed trying to stay with D-Rose, Curry, Thompson, Lillard, Irving, etc. He'd quit basketball on the spot if he was in that position. Luckily the Greek NT got him out of that jam.

And of course that fat turd Sofo isn't on the team. I'm surprised that tub of shit can walk at this point. Another case of the Greek National Team respectfully cutting a guy in no way deserves to be on the team...by not actually cutting him, and instead coming up a respectable excuse.
    You do realise V-Span has been playing with injuries and in fixed matches his entire career? Why do you think he struggled so much in the NBA? He was injured and the officials were all threatened by european mobsters to call against him. It's common knowledge in Greece. Everyone knows it. Your just a liar and a racist if you don't believe it. He's more athletic than Westbrook.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    well at least ibaka lived in spain and speaks fluent spanish. blatche and the phillipines is just random as hell.
    Did Mcgee ever naturalise to Phillippines? Is he playing in this?