Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: So do we all agree: Jordan > Kobe > Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    duncan has a great career... yeah we get it... but chris webber has better career stats... and duncan didnt even have that 1st 2 year benching like kobe did to mess with his shit.

duncans been a starter from day 1 putting up pau gasol lines

he aint on the same level as a hakeem olajuwon individually. that dude was a 30/15 threat any night... with the defense too

and its not like duncans a DPOTY. hes great defensively. but a legendary defender? na
    Duncan's career Playoff stats: 21/12/3/2

Webber's from ages 23-28: 22/10/4/1/1

I'd love to see you qualify that Duncan isn't a legendary defender. You're the exact brand of fan that would say Kobe is one because of the number of All-D teams though, so I don't see much point in having this debate.

Banned

kobes real finals average in 2000 is

19.0ppg, 5.5reb, 4.25ast

thats if you take away his game 2 injury line where he was taken out of the game after only a few minutes with 2 points due to an ankle injury

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    You just mad cuz I talk shit about your overrated lover
    Mad at what though? Spurs just won a ring; Duncan alone has 3 more than the entire Knicks franchise. I'm good.

What does the opinion of an adult who still replaces the letter "s" with "z" mean to me?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

How anyone can ever say Lebron is more skilled than kobe, let alone michael jordan is one of the craziest things I've heard on this site

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

I'd love to see you qualify that Duncan isn't a legendary defender. You're the exact brand of fan that would say Kobe is one because of the number of All-D teams though, so I don't see much point in having this debate.
    I'm pretty sure he's claimed "Kobe > Duncan on defense" solely based on number of All-Defense teams. There is a considerable gap between Kobe's defensive impact and Duncan's defensive impact that seemingly almost always goes ignored by Griff in a "Duncan vs. Kobe" debate.

Banned

if duncans a legendary defender. then kobes a legendary defender aswell

neither guy has any DPOTY awards. both are just going by all defensive teams. and kobe has more 1st team all defensive selections than duncan. even though duncan can make it on F/F/C and kobe can only make it on G/G

which means duncans had 1 more spot to make it every year for 17 seasons. which is 17 more chances and he still lacks

duncans a great defender. just leave it at that

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Webber isn't better then Duncan.

Mad at what though? Spurs just won a ring; Duncan alone has 3 more than the entire Knicks franchise. I'm good.

What does the opinion of an adult who still replaces the letter "s" with "z" mean to me?
    Duncan is a manufactured robot created by pop. Duncan was very replaceable. K.G, Sheed, Webber and others could of won 4 rings/1 asterisk just like Duncan or more in pop's system. Duncan is overrated. Plus David Robinson made Duncan too.

neither guy has any DPOTY awards. both are just going by all defensive teams. and kobe has more 1st team all defensive selections than duncan. even though duncan can make it on F/F/C and kobe can only make it on G/G

which means duncans had 1 more spot to make it every year for 17 seasons. which is 17 more chances and he still lacks

You see, when I think about great defenders, DPOYs and All-D selections don't even enter my mind. Defense is about what you do on the floor, not what the media vote on at the end of the year.

Watch a few games and be honest with yourself. If you think Kobe's defensive impact is anywhere near Duncan's, even relative to their positions, you're on crack.

Actually, just look at the numbers and/or metrics: you'll come to the same conclusion.

Duncan is a "legendary" defender. Or at least he's as damn close as a player can get without actually being on the Russell/Hakeem/Wilt tier. Put it this way: Duncan, at the very least, lives maybe one or two blocks down from that group, whereas Kobe lives on the other side of the country.

The stupidity you show when comparing Kobe and Duncan defensively, by boiling it down simply to All-Defense teams never ceases to amaze me.

Duncan is a manufactured robot created by pop. Duncan was very replaceable. K.G, Sheed, Webber and others could of won 4 rings/1 asterisk just like Duncan or more in pop's system. Duncan is overrated. Plus David Robinson made Duncan too.
    Cool. I'm glad we can agree that Rasheed Wallace is greater than the Knicks franchise in its entirety.

Cool. I'm glad we can agree that Rasheed Wallace is greater than the Knicks franchise in its entirety.
    I didn't say that niguh

Lol, I GUARANTEE had the Knicks won in '99 you would not be calling their ring asterisked

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lol, I GUARANTEE had the Knicks won in '99 you would not be calling their ring asterisked
    because they were underdogs plus Ewing was injured the whole damn series.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Duncan is a "legendary" defender. Or at least he's as damn close as a player can get without actually being on the Russell/Hakeem/Wilt tier. Put it this way: Duncan, at the very least, lives maybe one or two blocks down from that group, whereas Kobe lives on the other side of the country.

The stupidity you show when comparing Kobe and Duncan defensively, by boiling it down simply to All-Defense teams never ceases to amaze me.
    Griff just knows if he had to analyse defense based on what the players did on the court, he'd have no other choice than to admit Duncan >>>>>> Kobe on that end of the floor.

If that doesn't scream of an agenda I don't know what does.