Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: I don't see why the Clippers are better contenders than a team like the Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    because they literally just beat the warriors in the playoffs and are better than the warriors

this forum just gets dumber every second
    Are they though? It took them 7 games and that was without the warriors defensive anchor which was why Jordan went ham on the glass and was the X factor for that series.

Default Re: I don't see why the Clippers are better contenders than a team like the Warriors

Because the Clippers have two players that are arguably better than any player on the Warriors.

It's close though. Clippers may be better on paper, but the Warriors can take them in a series.

They just beat the Warriors, most recently, and greatly improved the roster, especially up front with Davis/Hawes/Udoh/Miroslav instead of Davis/Hollins/Mullens/Jamison.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    They just beat the Warriors, most recently, and greatly improved the roster, especially up front with Davis/Hawes/Udoh/Miroslav instead of Davis/Hollins/Mullens/Jamison.
    They barely beat us without bogut and later J'O.
    David Lee was playing center for God sake.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBalla32
    The way I see it... San Antonio is king until they are knocked off.

OKC, Clippers, Warriors, Blazers, Rockets success depends on health and matchups. West is stacked, strong parity. Talent isn't the factor that's going to separate them from each other.
    **** your teams lol Grizzlies are slept on again. I was seeing them in the WCF if it wasn't for those rigged games 6 & 7 vs okc in this year's playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    What happened dragic? Did your Dragic4Life get perma banned?
    He saw Dragbitch getting manhandled by usa yesterday M.I.A since

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    They barely beat us without bogut and later J'O.
    David Lee was playing center for God sake.
    People discount that those small lineups (with Green at PF for example) spread the floor so well that the Clippers had major issues defending. Sure, Lee's awful at protecting the rim, but GSW kept up scoring-wise. Warriors best lineup last season had Bogut at C with 4 perimeter guys to stretch the floor and they had decent success with similar lineups, just with Lee @ C.

I want to see what Steve Kerr can do first.

Talent-riddled roster, rookie coach.

Clippers have had a year to marinate together, even if I think Rivers is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    They were better than Thunder, refs helped thunder. They should have went to the western finals, not that it matters as they will still lose to the spurs..
    I guess I don't recall that series being half as bad as some posters on ISH act like it was. Yeah the refs blew the out of bounds call in game 5 but it was a foul anyways and the Clippers were only in that position because they choked a big lead away.

I think the Clippers problem is defense. We saw it in the OKC series. They didn't have anyone to guard Durant or Westbrook. And DeAndre Jordan gets overrated as well in my opinion.

Also, If I've noticed one thing from lurking on ISH, it's that too many posters blame the refs too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    because they literally just beat the warriors in the playoffs and are better than the warriors

this forum just gets dumber every second
    Yep it got dumber since you returned
    We are the better team

Not airballing my layups anymore

Yeah I've never understood the overhyping of the Clippers. They are constantly talked about in top 5 teams and it makes no sense to me when they really haven't done anything significant in the postseason to this point. I'd say they are right there with the Warriors. If Blake and CP3 weren't allowed to flop every other play they might be a little bit worse than the Warriors.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Oakland will forever be inferior to So Cal.

Clippers, Angels, Chargers, Ducks>>>Warriors, A's, Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Oakland will forever be inferior to So Cal.

Clippers, Angels, Chargers, Ducks>>>Warriors, A's, Raiders.
    NINERS DOE Greatest CA franchise, NorCal represent