Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: T Wolves owner ethers Love

"Kevin has always said I want to win. I said I want to win, too, stay here and let's do it together."
    We all know that bullshit wasn't going to happen.

K-Love is an asshole who made excuses for losing when he was in Minnesota and the management/ownership aren't any better since they didn't have any clue on how to build a team. Just go through their draft history in the Kevin Love era to how many missed opportunities they had.

Sounds more like a salty owner that didn't have the balls to say anything while Love was on the team. Same thing Gilbert did when LeBron left. Love will come back in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    We all know that bullshit wasn't going to happen.

K-Love is an asshole who made excuses for losing when he was in Minnesota and the management/ownership aren't any better since they didn't have any clue on how to build a team. Just go through their draft history in the Kevin Love era to how many missed opportunities they had.
    I'd be an asshole too if David Kahn drafted one million point guards.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He didn't ether anybody. Love and Rubio had the lowest dratings on that team of players that played significant mins and Love led the team in defensive win shares...there were far worse defensive players on that team than Love. Just from the eye test he's not even close to as bad as everyone likes to say he is.

"I question Kevin if this is going to be the best deal for him because I think he's going to be the third player on the team," Taylor said. "I don't think he's going to get a lot of credit if they do really well. I think he'll get blame if they don't do well. He's around a couple guys that are awful good."

Agreed with this point. Almost lose-lose for Love from that standpoint.

This is no ether though. [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Dissapointed by the lack of Comic Sans[/COLOR][/FONT]

I usually hit open layups

That's no slow burning ether. That's a bitter owner.

Regardless if he's right or not these are still inappropriate comments towards a player who was loyal for years.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Here are his complete quotes in the article:

"I think where maybe he got away with some stuff not playing defense on our team, I'm not sure that's how it's going to work in Cleveland," Taylor said on ESPN Radio 1500 AM in the Twin Cities on Tuesday. "I would guess they're going to ask him to play more defense and he's foul prone."

"I question Kevin if this is going to be the best deal for him because I think he's going to be the third player on the team," Taylor said. "I don't think he's going to get a lot of credit if they do really well. I think he'll get blame if they don't do well. He's around a couple guys that are awful good."

"If they sign him to a five-year contract like they're thinking about, that's a big contract on a guy that's had some times he's missed games," Taylor said.

"The only thing I still have a question mark about is health. I had that concern then (when they negotiated his previous contract) and I still have that concern. I think Cleveland should have that concern too."

"Kevin and I have always had a good relationship," Taylor said. "Kevin has always said I want to win. I said I want to win, too, stay here and let's do it together."

Yikes... that wasn't Dan Gilbert-level anger, but some serious salt nonetheless. There is obviously some bad blood whether he wants to admit to it or not, but I don't really completely understand why. It isn't like he left them high and dry. He was completely honest with the franchise and, as a result, Minnesota was able to put together a deal wherein they received the best package any team has gotten in similar situations by a long way.

I get that you never like having to deal a guy who you drafted and helped turn into a Top 5 talent in the NBA just as he's approaching his prime, but getting Wiggins, Bennett, Young and a 1st ain't a bad consolation prize.

In this article he questions Love's toughness, character, impact, ability... Pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It isn't like he left them high and dry. He was completely honest with the franchise and, as a result, Minnesota was able to put together a deal wherein they received the best package any team has gotten in similar situations by a long way.
    I'm just spit-balling here, but it might be because of how he handled the situation and held the organization hostage. Grant it, they were able to make a trade and get back great assets. The future will tell, but maybe the trade will work out better for Minnesota than the Cavaliers? In any case, neither you or I knows what happened behind the scenes with Love in Minnesota during his final months there. All we know is what he wanted, and that was to be traded without fully requesting a trading, but doing it passively. Perhaps the Taylor feels a large reason didn't make the playoffs was because of Love. Garnett is still basically loved by the fan base. Maybe some things were said behind doors the owner didn't like. Obviously, the owner is pretty salty about the situation.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

- Questions defense. Fair point. Cleveland will ask Love to improve in that area. Everything he said here was true and fair, something Love probably acknowledges himself.

- I disagree with his second comment. It's fair tho. Playing behind LeBron. I think Love will be more like Wade, where as Irving will be the Bosh. I mean Love could catch some negative heat here, he himself once again would probably acknowledge that.

- Health concerns. Fair point. Everybody views these differently but Love has missed games.

- Talks about there good relationship and how he wanted them to win together which I mean is obvious. Minny wanted to keep him. Where's the issue?

Where's the ether/saltiness/drama? There is none. They made a potentially franchise determining trade, he has to comment and was pretty on point. Could have been waaaaay uglier.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Should have put good players around him

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    - Questions defense. Fair point. Cleveland will ask Love to improve in that area. Everything he said here was true and fair, something Love probably acknowledges himself.

- I disagree with his second comment. It's fair tho. Playing behind LeBron. I think Love will be more like Wade, where as Irving will be the Bosh. I mean Love could catch some negative heat here, he himself once again would probably acknowledge that.

- Health concerns. Fair point. Everybody views these differently but Love has missed games.

- Talks about there good relationship and how he wanted them to win together which I mean is obvious. Minny wanted to keep him. Where's the issue?

Where's the ether/saltiness/drama? There is none. They made a potentially franchise determining trade, he has to comment and was pretty on point. Could have been waaaaay uglier.
    Have you seen post-trade pressers/interviews for 99% of moves made in the NBA? Usually, it is just the generic, "he was a tremendous asset to our team, but we're excited about the future and moving forward with our newly acquired young pieces."

I don't think anyone expected the TWolves' GM to pick apart Love's injury history, potential for being "blamed," position on the hierarchy of Love's new team, defense (or lack thereof), question whether or not he's going to live up to a five-year max deal, etc.

And, let's not gloss over the fact that he said Love "will be the third best player on the team." That's a passive aggressive statement. I think -- in general -- most people consider Love further along than Kyrie Irving in his progression in the NBA. He's almost four years older and generally considered the better player at this moment.

For Taylor to say he's "the third best player" is a passive aggressive dig. Let's be honest about it.

A generic response was an option, but Taylor chose to expound on his weaknesses and take a couple of veiled digs at him. I think it is fair to say that the quotes, at least as they were presented in the article, portray a salty front office.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Should have put all stars around him
    Fixed :)

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

LeBron is going to have a serious impact on Loves attitude and defense