Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anybody kill someone and get away with it?

Quote Originally Posted by #number6ix#
    I shot a homeless guy when I was 16... True story
    I was hoping someone would make up a cool fake story.

When I was 17 years old, I was jumped in a sidestreet. At the time I was used to fighting due to a quarrel I had with most of the kids on my high school's baseball and football teams. I would make fun of their hip-hop music and they would try to fight me for it. When they realized they couldn't win fighting me one-on-one they started bringing more people, as well as weapons into the fights.

After the first time I wielded a knife in a fight I cut a boy's arm from his elbow to his wrist. He was a boy I knew and went to school with, and after that, the only time i used a knife in a fight, even when severely outnumbered, was to use it as a fist-hardener.

One night, however, when I was coming out of an end-of-the-year dance, four guys jumped me in a narrow alleyway/sidestreet. They had completely blocked the way to my car. One of them told me, "You screwed with the wrong people" and pulled a gun. By this time I was quite close to him and don't quite remember how the next bit happened. Somehow I managed to disarm him. I threw only one punch that night. The boy dropped instantly after that punch. Later I would learn that it had collapsed his trachea and he suffocated.

This incident has been plaguing my life ever since. I have nightmares and 6 years later can't forgive myself for killing a kid. When I think about how much I have changed in those years, I have to wonder where he might be now. Not the pretentious jerk trying to impress his buddies...but maybe a successful college graduate? I have never been in the armed forces. I didn't kill an enemy. I killed a kid with a future, and I'm having a hard time living with it.

Itare I don't believe you for a second.

But if indeed you are being truthful I must say my heart does go out to you. That would be a tough thing to deal with and I hope you got counseling to deal with it. It seems like you sincerely feel bad, you admit your part of it so that's good.

You gotta live with it for the rest of your life. So I pray that you can find peace and forgiveness.