One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Do you guys feel low self esteem could hinder someone to reach their true potential?

I have low self esteem and I'm curious on if this was the case with some of the older posters. Once they improved their self esteem, did things come easier? Things like school, friends, girls, life hurdles in general?

Default Re: Do you guys feel low self esteem could hinder someone to reach their true potential?

Nah. Most low self esteem is well deserved.

Default Re: Do you guys feel low self esteem could hinder someone to reach their true potential?

yes, when you are young (late teens early 20s) you are very low in confidence. it makes your life hard. as you mature and become a man you will become more confident in yourself and life will be alot more happy. Look up any graph about happiness and people in their 20s. it takes a huge dip in your early 20s and goes up drastically in your late 20s. its because you realize you have entered the realworld and you have to establish yourself from that point forward.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    yes, when you are young (late teens early 20s) you are very low in confidence. it makes your life hard. as you mature and become a man you will become more confident in yourself and life will be alot more happy. Look up any graph about happiness and people in their 20s. it takes a huge dip in your early 20s and goes up drastically in your late 20s. its because you realize you have entered the realworld and you have to establish yourself from that point forward.
    Thanks for the kind words man. I've also felt that no one is really STARTING to mature until their are 25 years old. I'm slightly younger than that (3-4 years) and feel I still have a lot to improve as an individual.

I am 26. I feel more solid in knowing who I am, but confidence is still a rickety thing. I know more of what I want, and how to get it. Whether or not I have the ability.. that is where my confidence wavers. Sometimes up, sometimes down.

I think confidence and self esteem can fluctuate throughout life. Your attitude towards yourself, towards your past, and towards your future, all effect your self esteem. At any given moment you can make the switch towards higher self esteem, but it is always a process. It is something you need to maintain, and work on. Trying to make good decisions for yourself. Learning to understand yourself. It is a deep, personal thing. And maybe even life long.. though I could not say for sure yet.

I believe getting older you mature, you have shit you never had when you were younger like money, clothes, cars. You also look different compared to being a younger version of yourself. Perhaps better looking, more athletic or muscles.

You'll break out of it more than likely after 22 or 23. If not you need to socialize amongst people who appreciate you. Don't be afraid of being yourself or being judged.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Nah. Most low self esteem is well deserved.
    Agreed.

You've got to do something to ascend.

And LSE people in relationships tend to try harder.

And trying harder is exactly what you got to keep doing.

NBA Legend

OP is a [COLOR="Black"]fa[/COLOR]ggot