Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: how are you doing Myth ?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    What do you like better southern cal or arizona? Are you in the phoenix area? Ever think about moving back to oregon?
    Missed this post earlier.

I have yet to develop a strong friend group here in Flagstaff and less time to get settled in general, so it is hard to say. SoCal was more fun, with big parties, big cities (meaning tons of options of what to do), and the ocean. I'm liking Flagstaff's summer weather more, the prices of things are way more affordable, and the "average person" seems nicer. I specify "average" because there are some sketchier outliers in Flagstaff that make me uneasy, including people wearing confederate flags on their shirts/belts, somebody yelling "Jungle Fever" at my gf and I as they drove by (not particularly harmful, but shows that interracial couples stand out in the area), and even seeing a car that was keyed with the words "F[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR] black people" on it. Time will tell if we ultimately like it more or less.

As for Oregon, yes, I'd love to go back there. I have a one year contract right now and ideally my next job will be longer lasting and either in the Portland or Seattle areas so I can be closer to family.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Missed this post earlier.

I have yet to develop a strong friend group here in Flagstaff and less time to get settled in general, so it is hard to say. SoCal was more fun, with big parties, big cities (meaning tons of options of what to do), and the ocean. I'm liking Flagstaff's summer weather more, the prices of things are way more affordable, and the "average person" seems nicer. I specify "average" because there are some sketchier outliers in Flagstaff that make me uneasy, including people wearing confederate flags on their shirts/belts, somebody yelling "Jungle Fever" at my gf and I as they drove by (not particularly harmful, but shows that interracial couples stand out in the area), and even seeing a car that was keyed with the words "F[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR] black people" on it. Time will tell if we ultimately like it more or less.

As for Oregon, yes, I'd love to go back there. I have a one year contract right now and ideally my next job will be longer lasting and either in the Portland or Seattle areas so I can be closer to family.
    you really get to see the whole country ..........and nothing wrong with rebel flags.........surprise your GF with this :

I was skeptical at first...........but it
    Last edited by tomtucker; 08-24-2014 at 02:31 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

[QUOTE=tomtucker].
    you really get to see the whole country ..........and nothing wrong with rebel flags.........surprise your GF with this :

I was skeptical at first...........but it