Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Official Islamaphobia Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus-Sack
    White Christians kill people all the time, doesn't mean all white Christians are murderers.

White christians arent killing people in the name of Christianity all the time, def not at the same rate these psycho radical terrorists are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    The quotes do mean something. Arabic is not a subtle language. The Koran is written and meant to be interpreted literally, not metaphorically.

People are always trying to make excuses for this shit. But if you want to follow the Koran properly, you do this shit the Koran tells you to do.

This is from someone who knows arabic, lived in a Muslim country for 2 years, and has read an English translation of the Koran.

The bible has some messed up instructions too but it doesn't instruct people to strike terror in to the hearts of nonbelievers by whatever means neccessary.

I wonder how many people in here have actually read the Koran?
    Yes the quotes do mean something, only with context. People in here post quotes without context.
    Almost every written text can be interpreted. The problem is not the text itself, but those who use it for their political reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    I already told you that I read the Koran. I'm not a current scholar of it though.

The New Testament advocates war as well.

All I did was point out that the Koran advocates war and murder when it believes it is justified.
    Yeah, well if someone comes in your house with the sole intention of killing you and not leaving without killing you, all you can do it to defend yourself by attacking him. You cant in there and let him kill you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Yeah, well if someone comes in your house with the sole intention of killing you and not leaving without killing you, all you can do it to defend yourself by attacking him.
    What does that have to do with the narrative here?

I already said a few pages above that i don't like being around people, much less people who want to force their views on others when they are immigrants in a country.

What does that have to do with the narrative here?

I already said a few pages above that i don't like being around people, much less people who want to force their views on others when they are immigrants in a country.
    What the **** are you talking about? Where do immigrants come from in this?

I thought we were talking about Islam promoting violence or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus-Sack
    Do you think you should be judged based on that on little passage the same way you judge Muslims?

"Do unto others...."

They are killing and infiltrating countries and have outwardly suggested the motivation of their intentions.

That "little passage" is very direct and tells you exactly what you need to know.

Not once have you even condemned the actions of these radicals, all you've done in this thread is deflect people's opinions with anything but the issue at hand.

Tell me, when was the last radical christian group to be terrorising and beheading people in such a barbaric way? Israel is not an answer.

Banned

Yes the quotes do mean something, only with context. People in here post quotes without context.
    Almost every written text can be interpreted. The problem is not the text itself, but those who use it for their political reasons.
    what context do you need?

All you need to know is that in the Koran there are contradictions, like other holy books. The instructions are, whenever there is a contradiction between two passages, follow the passage that comes later. All the crazy violent stuff is towards the back half of the book.

Did you read the Koran? Do you think a religious text that encourages followers to rage constant war against non-believers and gives them clear instructions how to do it is not a problem?

If you were born yesterday, I'd understand why you haven't taken notice of Western countries such as Australia and UK being infiltrated and exploited in an aggressive manner.

If you had actually read over the comments in this thread thoroughly, you probably wouldn't have to ask this stupid question in the first place...

Banned

I came in here because I don't want Muslims in Australia.

If you want to go over the Koran page by page with me, we can arrange for that to happen over the weekend.

I came in here because I don't want Muslims in Australia.

If you want to go over the Koran page by page with me, we can arrange for that to happen over the weekend.
    I didnt come in here for that. I dont live in Australia.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

I don't know. I've read the Koran. It's pretty boring and pretty stupid. And it's not very interesting from a literary perspective.

What I am more interested in knowing is the logic and arguments behind the people in here supporting Islam
    My reasoning in this thread is that for every disgusting passage in the Quran, you can find something equally disgusting in the Bible. For every atrocity committed by Muslims, you can find an equivalent atrocity committed by Christians. So the fixation on the evils of Islam per se doesn't make sense. It's just as backwards as the other Abrahamic religions; not better, and not worse. It seems to me that the fixation on Islam is just a way for people to rationalize their xenophobia, or express it in a more politically correct way.

I can't remember where exactly but it's in there.

I don't understand what you derive from defending them. They don't give a damn about you and they don't share the same values as Western (and even Eastern) civilizations.
    Posts like this reinforce my view. Muslims are not a monolithic group, with a single set of alien political values. Neither are Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    My reasoning in this thread is that for every disgusting passage in the Quran, you can find something equally disgusting in the Bible. For every atrocity committed by Muslims, you can find an equivalent atrocity committed by Christians. So the fixation on the evils of Islam per se doesn't make sense. It's just as backwards as the other Abrahamic religions; not better, and not worse. It seems to me that the fixation on Islam is just a way for people to rationalize their xenophobia, or express it in a more politically correct way.

Posts like this reinforce my view. Muslims are not a monolithic group, with a single set of alien political values. Neither are Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.
    Dude they have made videos of them blasting civilians' heads off all in the name of Islam.

What more do you need?

Banned

I didnt come in here for that. I dont live in Australia.
    Yeah I know. So I invited you to go over the Koran with me page by page over the weekend and analyze it. It's a short work and can easily be done over a few hours.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Dude they have made videos of them blasting civilians' heads off all in the name of Islam.

What more do you need?
    I don't see how this makes sense as a response to my post. Unless you're suggesting that no one has ever been killed in the name of Christianity?

Yeah I know. So I invited you to go over the Koran with me page by page over the weekend and analyze it. It's a short work and can easily be done over a few hours.
    Yeah let s do it!