Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: What does LeBron have to do to NOT win MVP next year?

MVP is on lock for LBJ Durant had the perfect storm of Lebron coasting early on and then Westvrook going down which allowed to look for his offense even more. Westbrook wont be going down this year so it's a wrap for Durant

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Durant and Lebron are on fairly equal footing this year, and whoever leads their team to a better record will likely win.
    If OKC stays healthy then they should pretty easily finish with the better record.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    MVP is on lock for LBJ Durant had the perfect storm of Lebron coasting early on and then Westvrook going down which allowed to look for his offense even more. Westbrook wont be going down this year so it's a wrap for Durant
    Durant last year outplayed LeBron the whole entire season despite being in a far tougher conference and having less help than LeBron got, and the media still considered it one of the closest races ever or some shit all the way down to the final week

That was a telling moment for me. At one point NBA.com's MVP ladder even had LeBron at number one despite his team's record and his stats being worse than Durant's, and with far favorable circumstances than Durant had

It made no sense, but LeBron is basically the Peyton Manning of the NBA.

Funny thing... all of this "Kevin Love empty stats" talk, and Kevin Love might be the guy who wins bran his MVP for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I think it's naive to soley put team recode in the conversation of who should win MVP.
    It's gonna be Lebron vs KD again, let's face it. KD has Westbrook and Ibaka, Lebron has Irving and Love.

Their supporting cast is pretty even, so there should be no excuses for Lebron.

If Lebron and Durant get the top 2 spots again, it will be the 5th time that has happened, and it might not be the last either.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Durant last year outplayed LeBron the whole entire season despite being in a far tougher conference and having less help than LeBron got, and the media still considered it one of the closest races ever or some shit all the way down to the final week
    LBJ was better..he just played less mins, slower pace and less shots/ft's.

LBJ out rebounded and ast Durant

durants coring was heavily inflated by bs ft's

That was a telling moment for me. At one point NBA.com's MVP ladder even had LeBron at number one despite his team's record and his stats being worse than Durant's, and with far favorable circumstances than Durant had

It made no sense
    ^^read what I posted above

NBA Superstar

If you think that LeBron was anywhere close to as good as Durant was last season then

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    Do you seriously think LeBron was better than KD last season (atleast in the regular season) ?

What a fukking joke
    Durant had more 2-Point FG's, dunks, and 3-Point FG's than LeBron...

"But look, he had more free throws! His stats don't count!"

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Durant had more 2-Point FG's, dunks, and 3-Point FG's than LeBron...

"But look, he had more free throws! His stats don't count!"

His sidekick misses half the season and still leads the team to 59 wins and a better record whilst playing in a MUCH tougher conference. Played better defense and had one of the goat scoring seasons and streaks. Averaged 34/7/6 in the second half of the season....

But LeCoast was better

NBA Superstar

His sidekick misses half the season and still leads the team to 59 wins and a better record whilst playing in a MUCH tougher conference. Played better defense and had one of the goat scoring seasons and streaks. Averaged 34/7/6 in the second half of the season....

But LeCoast was better
    It's funny as shit.

And I'm going to laugh when ESPN releases their annual NBA player rankings and trots LeBron out as #1 after that shit too

"But, Durant only averaged 30/10 vs the Clippers, Grizzlies, and Spurs!!! LeBron had a much better playoffs!!!"

Funny thing is, had LeBron stayed in MIA, he'd likely be considered #2 where he should be. But now that he made a "power play" and went "home" to Cleveland and all of that shit, the attention is back on him where he usually has it, so, he's the best! Forget reports that Durant took like no more than a week off after losing to the Spurs before practicing again, was DOMINATING in Team USA practices, etc... LeBron went "home" again, so he's the best!

Before last season started, I put money on Durant winning MVP.

I also had money on the Spurs winning the championship, Kawhi Leonard winning Finals MVP, and Michael Carter-Williams winning Rookie of the Year. They were the only 4 bets I placed all season... and they call came off. Needless to say, I had a nice pay day.

This year, I have put money on Anthony Davis winning MVP. Not because he's the obvious choice, but because the odds are incredibly generous at 50-1 (a $10 stake would return $510). Other than LeBron, Durant, Paul/Griffin, I don't think there's a better candidate than Anthony Davis.

There's a realistic chance he could average 25ppg, 12rpg, 3apg and 3bpg. If he leads his team to a better-than-expected record, he'll get all of the plaudits (whereas LeBron and Durant both have considerable help on their respective teams).

In other words, although it's not likely that Davis will win MVP, it's a lot more likely than the bookies would have us believe.

Meanwhile, Jabari Parker is a lock for Rookie of the Year, if he avoids injury. And I can't see why the Spurs are the bookies' second favourite for the championship. Hence, I've got money on the Spurs once again - at very nice odds indeed.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Before last season started, I put money on Durant winning MVP.

I also had money on the Spurs winning the championship, Kawhi Leonard winning Finals MVP, and Michael Carter-Williams winning Rookie of the Year. They were the only 4 bets I placed all season... and they call came off. Needless to say, I had a nice pay day.

This year, I have put money on Anthony Davis winning MVP. Not because he's the obvious choice, but because the odds are incredibly generous at 50-1 (a $10 stake would return $510). Other than LeBron, Durant, Paul/Griffin, I don't think there's a better candidate than Anthony Davis.

There's a realistic chance he could average 25ppg, 12rpg, 3apg and 3bpg. If he leads his team to a better-than-expected record, he'll get all of the plaudits (whereas LeBron and Durant both have considerable help on their respective teams).

In other words, although it's not likely that Davis will win MVP, it's a lot more likely than the bookies would have us believe.

Meanwhile, Jabari Parker is a lock for Rookie of the Year, if he avoids injury. And I can't see why the Spurs are the bookies' second favourite for the championship. Hence, I've got money on the Spurs once again - at very nice odds indeed.
    Anthony Davis has no shot at winning MVP next year because his team won't get a good enough record.

Great college starter

Do you seriously think LeBron was better than KD last season (atleast in the regular season) ?

yes

Kd had to take almost 3 more shots and 3 more FT's to avg ONLY 5 more points

lebron was the better rebounder and ast man

shot a staggeringly higher Fg% than KD. His FG% was saved from being below .500 because of those bogus FT's

Great college starter

His sidekick misses half the season and still leads the team to 59 wins and a better record whilst playing in a MUCH tougher conference.

lebron coasted for almost the first 3 months of the season. The heat as a team were obviously coasting.