Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default My Respect for Kobe has Grown Recently

Not a flame, hate or nut hugging thread, just reality.

Those of you who have been around know that I am historically a critic of Kobe, I never liked his game and I never liked him as a teammate and I always thought he was doing a dimestore impersonation of GOAT but lately I have seen him in a different light.

Kobe in a vacuum (which is how I have always looked at him) was not pretty, ball hog and asshole, but now that we are seeing his entire career, the reality is a much richer tapestry than what initially meets the eye.

The guy is a survivor (which I respect), he gets stuck in when the going gets tough (which I respect), he doesn't look to others to help in times of need (which I respect) and he keeps on truckin (which as I get older, I really respect).

Also, seeing the behavior of his rivals for top dog of his era, Kobe looks even better, and I think history will reflect favorably on Mamba. He didn't do the hired gun routine (like Shaq did), he didn't lean on others to build his brand (like Bran did), he didn't try to come across as fuzzy and lovable (like KD does), he just went out and did it his way (like Frank Sinatra did).

I think once Kobe and Duncan are gone, we will miss the true professionals.

RESPECT

Banned

Default Re: My Respect for Kobe has Grown Recently

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Those of you who have been around know that I am historically a critic of Kobe, I never liked his game and I never liked him as a teammate and I always thought he was doing a dimestore impersonation of GOAT but lately I have seen him in a different light.

Kobe in a vacuum (which is how I have always looked at him) was not pretty, ball hog and asshole, but now that we are seeing his entire career, the reality is a much richer tapestry than what initially meets the eye.

The guy is a survivor (which I respect), he gets stuck in when the going gets tough (which I respect), he doesn't look to others to help in times of need (which I respect) and he keeps on truckin (which as I get older, I really respect).

Also, seeing the behavior of his rivals for top dog of his era, Kobe looks even better, and I think history will reflect favorably on Mamba. He didn't do the hired gun routine (like Shaq did), he didn't lean on others to build his brand (like Bran did), he didn't try to come across as fuzzy and lovable (like KD does), he just went out and did it his way (like Frank Sinatra did).

RESPECT
    - He demanded a trade as soon as he didnt have a stacked team anymore (2007)

- Begged dwight to stay

- Is it in for the money these days

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

RESPECT
    Enjoy some more green bro, that's what I think people should respect about Kobe is his attitude and drive to succeed. Another thing is he's stuck with the Lakers through the darkest of times. He'll never be Jordan, but he's always been Kobe Bryant.

Kobe and Duncan are literally the last of the true greats.

Very good NBA starter

recently?

ni[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ga barely touched the court the past 3 years

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Is this a joke?

Let's see.

- forced a trade out of a small market when he hasn't play a single minute.
    - rode the coattail of another top 10 GOAT and act like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    - wanted out when goings get tough, only then said nvm when Pau Gasol dropped from heaven
    - took huge chunk of team's payroll when he can't play anymore and have barely touch the court in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    - He demanded a trade as soon as he didnt have a stacked team anymore (2007)

- Begged dwight to stay

- Is it in for the money these days

5>2

also bran demanded max contract

Great post about the will of the last alpha male in the NBA. Dont worry about the betas they just don't get it. Notice how they're whining like little asian school girls taking it from behind

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Is this a joke?

Let's see.

- forced a trade out of a small market when he hasn't play a single minute.
    - rode the coattail of another top 10 GOAT and act like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    - wanted out when goings get tough, only then said nvm when Pau Gasol dropped from heaven
    - took huge chunk of team's payroll when he can't play anymore and have barely touch the court in 2 years.
    you already pisted your shitty opinion with your alt, you big **** loser

Great college starter

lol @ this revisionist heap of horsesh1t

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    5>2

also bran demanded max contract
    bran deserves the max. this is the first year since he has been in the NBA that he is the highest paid player on the team...

RESPECT

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    recently?

ni[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ga barely touched the court the past 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    bran deserves the max. this is the first year since he has been in the NBA that he is the highest paid player on the team...
    bad woth money. no surprise from a hs dropout monkey

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Kobe is gonna be missed
    one of the all time greats

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Haha at lebron stans colllectively taking offense to someone's opinion that doesn't weigh on them at all.

just let it go, boys.

its like you guys CTRL+F kobe when on the main page, just to post the same recycled bull shit.