Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: Mr. Exum: 2 points on 13% shooting against France today

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Jokim Noah,Boris Diaw and Mikael Pietrus showing Exum that the NBA isn't some high school league like Euroleague where Dante used to play
    Exum didn't play Euroleague.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Kind of like you when you keep saying that Antetokounmpo is one of the 10 best Greek players, when he's probably not even top 20.
    please supply that quote. I never said that. I agreed with you on that argument. My stance is that he isn't as terrible as you claim and he is a solid prospect but I agree with you that he isn't the best Greek player and is still a prospect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Who ever said Exum was an NBA star?

That's right, no one did. He's a 19 y/o prospect atm.
    The commentators kept saying it in the game, I would have no issue if they said he looked good or that he was a great prospect but they kept jerking him off like he was jordan. He made 4 points in the Ukraine game, one an open jumper the other a lay up on a guard and they actually had the balls to say we just saw some NBA level moves on his baskets when that was all he did the entire game. I do think he will eventually be good but right now people need to stop acting like he is a game changer as a rookie.

Kind of like you when you keep saying that Antetokounmpo is one of the 10 best Greek players, when he's probably not even top 20.
    Giannis is the best Greek player of all time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    Exum didn't play Euroleague.
    Exum didn't play in ANY league

He's shown some flashes. Young players with little experience often struggle with consistency, especially when faced with high level competition.

However, if you are a Utah Jazz fan, you have to be nervous. Many people were saying before the Draft that he has never really faced any kind of competition for a long enough time to really evaluate him. He faced high school basketball in Australia, and then performed well in the Fiba Under 19 or 17. That's about it.

The so called experts were evaluating all on potential. Is this guy another Darko?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    He's shown some flashes. Young players with little experience often struggle with consistency, especially when faced with high level competition.

However, if you are a Utah Jazz fan, you have to be nervous. Many people were saying before the Draft that he has never really faced any kind of competition for a long enough time to really evaluate him. He faced high school basketball in Australia, and then performed well in the Fiba Under 19 or 17. That's about it.

The so called experts were evaluating all on potential. Is this guy another Darko?
    I wouldn't say he will be another Darko. Exum went through the AIS here which does a good job preparing players so I think he will improve and he should have the right attitude to succeed. He just isn't there yet, I wouldn't be worried if I were a Jazz fan but at the same time I wouldn't expect him to turn my team around by himself at this point and I wouldn't feel that he is a lock to be a solid player like Parker or Wiggins look to be.

Arron Gordon won MVP of that under 19s tournie aswell and he is very raw, just an idea of the competition that was.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    The commentators kept saying it in the game, I would have no issue if they said he looked good or that he was a great prospect but they kept jerking him off like he was jordan. He made 4 points in the Ukraine game, one an open jumper the other a lay up on a guard and they actually had the balls to say we just saw some NBA level moves on his baskets when that was all he did the entire game. I do think he will eventually be good but right now people need to stop acting like he is a game changer as a rookie.

He is though. Giving exum 30mins a night is guaranteed to land Utah a much higher draft pick.

OP the sad f@ggot stalking exum now like he does dwight..

Your ex boyfriends must really hate you jaqueer

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I wouldn't say he will be another Darko. Exum went through the AIS here which does a good job preparing players so I think he will improve and he should have the right attitude to succeed. He just isn't there yet, I wouldn't be worried if I were a Jazz fan but at the same time I wouldn't expect him to turn my team around by himself at this point and I wouldn't feel that he is a lock to be a solid player like Parker or Wiggins look to be.

Arron Gordon won MVP of that under 19s tournie aswell and he is very raw, just an idea of the competition that was.
    If he is "not a lock to be a solid player like Parker or Wiggins look to be", then I would be worried, if I were a Jazz fan. If you take a player that high in a draft that everyone considers to be loaded, and he doesn't pan out, you will be faced with a major problem.

Utah shouldn't panic or anything right now, since is Exum is young, but his play in fiba friendlies are a cause for concern.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    If he is "not a lock to be a solid player like Parker or Wiggins look to be", then I would be worried, if I were a Jazz fan. If you take a player that high in a draft that everyone considers to be loaded, and he doesn't pan out, you will be faced with a major problem.

Utah shouldn't panic or anything right now, since is Exum is young, but his play in fiba friendlies are a cause for concern.
    Don't really agree, outside of the top couple of picks I think you'd be happy to have a good starter which I think Exum should be. I mean that he isn't a lock to be a star like you'd expect with a top 3 pick. This draft wasn't really stacked in the sense that there was a bunch of legit stars, was more stacked in the sense that all through the first round you had players being taken who should have long careers in some form.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I'm not nervous. I like what I've saw from him so far. He has a lot of work to do though.

You can STFU because you are a lying POS.

Give him time guys.

Not all the great players started out of the gates as legends.

Some young guys take a little more time to adjust to the NBA, you would be foolish to start evaluating him before he has played an NBA game.

I have seen flashes of some high IQ passing and a terrific first step to build off. Still looks raw, but I can see he will improve a lot.

Oh look, it's the fake Lithuanian a-hole.

Hilarious coming from an Arkansas hillbilly posing as a Greek wannabe.