Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: The Cavaliers in just a few months have gone from...

that sub 2% chance to win the lottery... I remember being so salty and bummed out that day. Cavs had come of just a sh*t show of a season, still could have made the playoffs, and blew it, and I was positive that they were going to get leapfrogged in the draft.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    that sub 2% chance to win the lottery... I remember being so salty and bummed out that day. Cavs had come of just a sh*t show of a season, still could have made the playoffs, and blew it, and I was positive that they were going to get leapfrogged in the draft.
    if you add up all the picks and the chances of yall getting four first overall picks from bron to wiggins...

shit would be pretty much theoretically impossible

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Jesus man, did LeBron23 steal your account?
    What did I say?

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    So random
    not really. Lebron is all about setting records, even when losing he sets the points for the highest point total loss in NBA Finals history.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Lebron, he makes teams from pretenders to contenders over night
    Adding Lebron, a fellow top ten player in Love, one of the best three point shooters in the world in Mike Miller, and an excellent utility and veteran player like Shawn Marion transforms Cleveland; not to mention, the cupboards weren't left bare with young talent like Irving, Waiters and Thompson left on the roster that will continue to improve.

On top of all that, Lebron will likely have Ray Allen join this suddenly stacked team. Years of ineptitude paid off for Cleveland with four number one selections in a decade. That is an incredible streak of good luck.

Geez, did this franchise get lucky. Lebron was smart because he realized that Miami didn't have the elite talent with an aging Wade, so he ditched them for his former franchise that had stumbled onto incredible luck with repeated number one selections.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 08-17-2014 at 10:10 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    Adding Lebron, a fellow top ten player in Love, one of the best three point shooters in the world in Mike Miller, and an excellent utility and veteran player like Shawn Marion transforms Cleveland; not to mention, the cupboards weren't left bare with young talent like Irving, Waiters and Thompson left on the roster that will continue to improve.

On top of all that, Lebron will likely have Ray Allen join this suddenly stacked team. Years of ineptitude paid off for Cleveland with four number one selections in a decade. That is an incredible streak of good luck.

Geez, did this franchise get lucky. Lebron was smart because he realized that Miami didn't have the elite talent with an aging Wade, so he ditched them for his former franchise that had stumbled onto incredible luck with repeated number one selections.
    You didn't even mention Kevin Love, arguably the best PF in the NBA... and he's only 25.

I'm not saying luck hasn't been a factor, but the Cavs could have easily f#cked this up by doing what many other franchises have done in the last few years... make splashy trades or free agent moves that maybe added a few wins, but killed cap space (Detroit) or traded away picks in an attempt to "win now" (again, Detroit).

Instead, they bided their time, continued to add young talent through the draft and collected assets over the last four years. Yes, luck played a part, but all the luck in the world wouldn't help you if the front office had been less patient.

The Cavs have to be the only franchise in NBA history to have an offseason like this one and receive zero credit for playing a part in making it happen.

It has to be one of the greatest offseasons any team has had in NBA history, right? If Pat Riley were the GM, everyone would be bowing at his feet regardless of the circumstances.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 08-17-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    You didn't even mention Kevin Love, arguably the best PF in the NBA... and he's only 25.

I'm not saying luck hasn't been a factor, but the Cavs could have easily f#cked this up by doing what many other franchises have done in the last few years... make splashy trades or free agent moves that maybe added a few wins, but killed cap space (Detroit) or traded away picks in an attempt to "win now" (again, Detroit).

Instead, they bided their time, continued to add young talent through the draft and collected assets over the last four years. Yes, luck played a part, but all the luck in the world wouldn't help you if the front office had been less patient.

The Cavs have to be the only franchise in NBA history to have an offseason like this one and receive zero credit for playing a part in making it happen.

It has to be one of the greatest offseasons any team has had in NBA history, right? If Pat Riley were the GM, everyone would be bowing at his feet regardless of the circumstances.
    Actually, I did mention Love in my first sentence.

The Cavs should be on their knees thanking LBJ for going back to this shitty ass franchise. **** Cleveland. It's a shitty city and they deserve shit.

But they need to win the title. Cleveland can't finally turn the page until they win a title in a sport. Imagine this team not winning a title? It would be yet another blow to Cleveland sports.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    East and West.

Spurs vs Mavs = 7 Games
    Spurs vs Trailblazers = 5 Games
    Spurs vs Thunder = 6 Games

Spurs vs Miami = 5 Games
    How about the 2012 playoffs, knicks won as many games vs Miami as okc

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    But they need to win the title. Cleveland can't finally turn the page until they win a title in a sport. Imagine this team not winning a title? It would be yet another blow to Cleveland sports.
    Would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Biggest point differential in finals history.
    According to you, The 37-45 Hawks were better than the Lakers since they were able to take the 08 Celtics to 7 games

#ether

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    It could definitely happen. Hell, if things had broken slightly differently, Miami could have been ringless over the last four years despite that incredibly hyped union. If the Celtics find a way to finish the job after taking a 3-2 series lead with Game 6 in Boston and/or Bosh doesn't get that rebound/assist on the Allen shot, things would be very different right now.

On the other hand, if they don't totally sh!t the bed in 2011, they likely have 3 titles instead of 2.

The point is, winning titles is damn hard. The Cavs are going to have a crazy amount of talent and the best player in the world. I also think David Blatt is the man for the job.

But, if a team is playing as well as well as the Spurs were last year? Since I believe they were one of the best teams ever, it may take THE best team ever to beat them. I'm not sure I'm ready to put this group on that level just yet.

And how many prime or close to prime years does LeBron have left? It is far from a given that Cleveland will get its first title in 50 years with this group. I don't think it will be any huge embarrassment if it doesn't happen either. Because, again... this is damn difficult, as you should know.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It could definitely happen. Hell, if things had broken slightly differently, Miami could have been ringless over the last four years despite that incredibly hyped union. If the Celtics find a way to finish the job after taking a 3-2 series lead with Game 6 in Boston and/or Bosh doesn't get that rebound/assist on the Allen shot, things would be very different right now.

On the other hand, if they don't totally sh!t the bed in 2011, they likely have 3 titles instead of 2.

The point is, winning titles is damn hard. The Cavs are going to have a crazy amount of talent and the best player in the world. I also think David Blatt is the man for the job.

But, if a team is playing as well as well as the Spurs were last year? Since I believe they were one of the best teams ever, it may take THE best team ever to beat them. I'm not sure I'm ready to put this group on that level just yet.

And how many prime or close to prime years does LeBron have left? It is far from a given that Cleveland will get its first title in 50 years with this group. I don't think it will be any huge embarrassment if it doesn't happen either. Because, again... this is damn difficult, as you should know.
    I definitely know this, but I do think there's a lot of hype for this team. They look good and I imagine many Cleveland fans are very excited that they may finally win a title. There's no given in sports, but this team has to deliver at least 1 title IMO. It's really going to hurt if they don't. They have a really young core so this isn't like the Nets where there is hype, but will be done the next year. I guess if they don't, it won't be an embarrassment to Cleveland in the national media; the main focus will be LeBron. But sometimes you can feel something special brewing. I had this feeling twice: when Shaq came here and when LeBron came here. Both times lead to a title.