Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Would you trade someone like Durant or Carmelo for Anthony Davis?

davis is turning out to be the most overrated player in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Shaq? Duncan? Kobe?
    Shaq, LeBron

I think he'll turn out better than Duncan and Kobe

Melo, yes, in a heartbeat.

Durant, just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Only thing that gives him Durant value is his age. If Durant demanded a trade, Thunder would take Davis straight up.

Melo would be traded in a heart beat as said earlier.
    This is an interesting point. OP didn't mention the scenario. If Durant wanted out, and the Pelicans called offering Anthony Davis, you most definitely take that trade.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    AD is overrated

What's the difference between him and pre injury jermaine o'neal?

U guys get too hyped about 20/10 and some blocks
    Well, for starters Davis averaged 20 and 10 in his 2nd year in the NBA at age 20, while it took O'Neal until his 6th season at age 23 to average close to that. Also, Davis has averaged over .500 in both his NBA seasons, Jermaine only averaged over .500 ones and that was when his role was reduced on Miami (10fga for 13 points). Finally, Davis averaged 2.8 blocks per game (leading the league), which is higher than Jermaine ever averaged.

Incredible to think that he's just turned 21 and his defensive impact is already off the charts. His ability to alter shots is virtually unparalleled in this league, and once his positioning sense matures, I think he will be a GOAT level defender ala KG, Hakeem.

Offensively he's already putting up 20-10, so I can see that possibly peaking at around 25-12. He's the most valuable player in the league considering his age IMO.

Carmelo has no business in this conversation, but I'd seriously consider the trade for Durant.

Wow this kid is getting way overrated.

Nobody in their right mind would trade Durant for him. Durant is a proven star that has lead his team to the WCF. Anthony hasn't even made it to the playoffs.

Of course anybody would take him over Melo, hell, I'll take Boozer over Melo.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

AD needs to do work in the playoffs.

Until then, he's Kevin Love.

Durant, no.

Melo... hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    davis is turning out to be the most overrated player in history.
    He just came off averaging 21/10/3/1 in just his 2nd season as pro, and he's only 21 years old. His potential is prime Garnett/Duncan level.

Yall crazy. Durant would have taken that hornets team to playoffs hovering around 50 wins.

Melo? Hell yes.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    People were criticizing his offensive game coming out of college...and just 2 years later he's already got a wet midrange jumper. He says he's been studying a lot of Dirk and KG tape..if he can extend his range to the 3 and improve as a passer..how the **** do you guard him?
    As far as I remember, his perimeter game was not questionable. His post game was though. I don't see much of Dirk in him yet in terms of scoring from the post, but he's still young.

I wouldn't trade him for Durant though, Melo maybe.

Decent playground baller

Well Melo is 9 years younger than Melo so yeah that's an easy trade.

KD? No. KD's the best in the world or will be in the next couple of years once LeBron starts slowing down.

LeBron? No, LeBron can carry your team to at least the conference finals for the next couple of years, you can't give that up.

After LeBron and KD, anyone else is up for grabs.

Kevin Durant is 25 years old, injury free, and the current league MVP. You don't trade that for anything, ever.

Melo on the other hand is 30 already, and hasn't exactly won a lot, so he could be traded for someone with as much potential as Anthony Davis.

Dunking on everybody in the park

An argument could easily be made that Anthony Davis is already a superior player than Carmelo Anthony has been at any point in his career. Just last season, he had a higher PER and win shares per 48 minutes than at any point of Carmelo's career. Anthony Davis just impacts the game more defensively than Carmelo ever could, so Anthony shouldn't even be in this discussion.

I wouldn't consider trading Kevin Durant for him unless I knew that Kevin Durant was wanting to trade. That would be a good trade for Oklahoma City if they knew they had to move him, which would never happen to New Orleans anyway.