Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Real players' height - yesterday's real life photo with Carlos Arroyo and JJ Barea

Quote Originally Posted by fandarko
    Isn't it?

For example, 6-9 was back in the day a mythical size for guards and Magic was marketed as a 6-9 PG.

In reality, he was shorter and you can clearly see in the pictures he was like two inches shorter than Bird. Bird was probably closer to 6-10 and Magic was 6-8.

No big deal, I agree, it's a marketing thing. A 6-9 Magic sounds a lot better than 6-7 Magic.

The same for Barkley, MJ and Kobe.

When NBA players come to play international games, fans are often surprised at how smaller they look than imagined, especially the guards.

That later adds to the awe, since they of course kill it on the court regardless of being an inch or two shorter than perceived.
    But at the end of the day a player getting listed 2 inches taller doesn't make him any better on the court. If the NBA were to look at fixing something it should be PED use which they treat as a joke.

Default Re: Real players' height - yesterday's real life photo with Carlos Arroyo and JJ Barea

If you are really 5-10 1/2 barefoot then a 6-2 guy should tower over you. I am 6-2 barefoot and I am towering over guys that are your height.

I mean if I am talking to a guy your height up close I am looking with my eyes about down at the middle of the hair. And my head is usually way bigger than most guys, so even it is more exaggerated than that if you saw it in a picture like that it should be way noticeable.

I know because I have plenty of friends that are like 5-10, 5-11, 6-0 and they are not anywhere close to my height in a picture like that if tey stood next to me.

So my conclusion is those NBA heights are crazy inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    Someone pointed this out but Barea went to Portsmouth and has his official height listed on Draft Express.
    That site isn't that reliable though. Many examples of players have the wrong heights listed and they know it is an error and they refuse to correct it.

The same with verticals and stuff like that.

If they write down a 32 in vertical as 23....they refuse to correct it. Because that's what the NBA put down, even though they know it was wrong and written backwards.

They also have a very long list of players listed with the wrong height, using some other player's height. But they won't change it.

A perfect example of that is Kyle Hines. They have been listing him as 6-3 for YEARS even though that is complete BULLSHIT.

Every single team he has been with in Europe (numerous teams) has measured him at 6-6 1/2. NUMEROUS teams measured him for years now and always got the same height of 6-6 1/2 but draftexpress says he is 6-3 and won't change it.

Another example...Romain Sato. Draftexpress says he is 6-2.

In NCAA they said he was 6-4. In NBA they said he was 6-4. OK, so maybe they exagerrated 2 inches, we know this often happens.

But wait, there is a problem. He was listed by Euroleague at 6-4...and he was measured officially by clubs in Italian league, Spanish league, Greek league at 6-5 and even in those clubs listed at 6-5 and in those leagues listed at 6-5 because they measured him at 6-5.

Strange thing is that Kyle Kines plays only power forward or center and draftexpress said he was an "undersized small forward" and too short for that position...

Strange thing is Sato is a small forward that can play two guard if necessary, and draftexpress said he was a two guard that had point guard size, so he was too small for that position......

Now if anyone has seen either of those guys, they know damn for SURE that there is no way in freaking hell that Sato is 6-2 or that Hines is 6-3.

Will draftexpress change those listings? No. They REFUSE to fix it, even though they KNOW they are absolutely wrong and are totally complete BULLSHIT.

And there are many, many, many more such examples like this, where basically they have ANOTHER player's listings listed under the wrong player's name and they simply won't fix it.

So it is a very good resource, but the way some people just simply take it as fact is simply stupid. It is riddled with errors and they don't even attempt to fix most of them.

I can't even tell you how many absurd errors there are in the vertical leap listings, if you actually go through and start checking them.

Quote Originally Posted by fandarko
    Just got back from the arena, I was pissed off for not being able to get close to the Argentinians and Puerto Ricans for more pics.

They played a super fun game for 3rd place (Puerto Rico prevailed) and never got out to watch the finals.

Just so you know, Barea played like a stud, running the team, making razor sharp passes, driving and penetrating at will. It's the first time that I've seen him playing like an alpha dog and man leader. Arroyo looked washed out from yesterday and didn't play a lot.

Barea was so fun to watch that he was chased down hard by the fans after the game: http://postimg.org/gallery/7lxycome/

The revelation for me was Facundo Campazzo, the 23-year old, 5-10 point guard from Argentina. http://postimg.org/image/kvzxo7vt1/

I don't recall the last time I enjoyed watching a point guard more. The guy is a pass first PG, but is in complete control of the game. Something like Rubio, but unlike Ricky, he can shoot (you can see it in the warmups, good shooting form), but doesn't force it. But everything is there - quickness, court IQ, great ball handling, crisp and often flashy passes, every move on time, just great. No wonder Real Madrid signed him for a multi-year deal, the guy flat out looked like the best player on the court tonight.

Turkey and Serbia played a boring and complicated brand of basketball, almost painful to watch after the flashy South American style the previous game. Phoenix's draftee Bogdan Bogdanovic sealed the deal for Serbia late in the game with a couple of threes and a left handed dunk.

Here's a couple of interesting pics from tonight and yesterday:

Argentina's Walter Hermann: http://postimg.org/image/q8tdg3939/

Me with Euroleague legendary shooter from the 90's, the Turkish JJ Redick (Duke version) Ufuk Saridza:

http://postimg.org/image/xm461b3r9/

Carlos Arroyo with a bunch of kids looking like their older brother: http://postimg.org/image/mdpzdipxh/

Warrior's Nemanja Nedovic and Luis Scola: http://s26.postimg.org/uaaglr1e1/20140816_193429_3.jpg

Milwaukee's Taleban center Miroslav Raduljica
    (Serbia):http://s26.postimg.org/vo23h20nd/P1000503.jpg

Suns' draft pick Bogdan Bogdanovic http://s26.postimg.org/e0kaiuqq1/20140816_200612.jpg

The Belgrade Arena: http://s26.postimg.org/a5gwga7k9/20140816_202808.jpg
    Hey man, do NOT compare Campazzo to Rubio. Do NOT ever insult Campazzo like that again. He is way better than Rubio.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-17-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    cavsFTW just buss all kind of nuts over his keyboard

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    That site isn't that reliable though. Many examples of players have the wrong heights listed and they know it is an error and they refuse to correct it.

The same with verticals and stuff like that.

If they write down a 32 in vertical as 23....they refuse to correct it. Because that's what the NBA put down, even though they know it was wrong and written backwards.

They also have a very long list of players listed with the wrong height, using some other player's height. But they won't change it.

A perfect example of that is Kyle Hines. They have been listing him as 6-3 for YEARS even though that is complete BULLSHIT.

Every single team he has been with in Europe (numerous teams) has measured him at 6-6 1/2. NUMEROUS teams measured him for years now and always got the same height of 6-6 1/2 but draftexpress says he is 6-3 and won't change it.

Another example...Romain Sato. Draftexpress says he is 6-2.

In NCAA they said he was 6-4. In NBA they said he was 6-4. OK, so maybe they exagerrated 2 inches, we know this often happens.

But wait, there is a problem. He was listed by Euroleague at 6-4...and he was measured officially by clubs in Italian league, Spanish league, Greek league at 6-5 and even in those clubs listed at 6-5 and in those leagues listed at 6-5 because they measured him at 6-5.

Strange thing is that Kyle Kines plays only power forward or center and draftexpress said he was an "undersized small forward" and too short for that position...

Strange thing is Sato is a small forward that can play two guard if necessary, and draftexpress said he was a two guard that had point guard size, so he was too small for that position......

Now if anyone has seen either of those guys, they know damn for SURE that there is no way in freaking hell that Sato is 6-2 or that Hines is 6-3.

Will draftexpress change those listings? No. They REFUSE to fix it, even though they KNOW they are absolutely wrong and are totally complete BULLSHIT.

And there are many, many, many more such examples like this, where basically they have ANOTHER player's listings listed under the wrong player's name and they simply won't fix it.

So it is a very good resource, but the way some people just simply take it as fact is simply stupid. It is riddled with errors and they don't even attempt to fix most of them.

I can't even tell you how many absurd errors there are in the vertical leap listings, if you actually go through and start checking them.

BTW euroleague I have a question for you.

Could LeBron be a starter in the Euroleague if he trained to be in tip top condition, and basically practised every day for the next 3 months??

Serious playground baller

Hey man, do NOT compare Campazzo to Rubio. Do NOT ever insult Campazzo like that again. He is way better than Rubio.
    In all seriousness, I was really impressed with this kid.

He looks completely ordinary, i.e. wasn't blessed with any athletic gifts (though he is strong and deceptively quick), but man can he play.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

CavsFTW once unsuccessfully sued Walmart for providing a large packet of Tangy Cheese Doritos that weighed less than 200g. A video compilation of the whole saga is on youtube.

If you are really 5-10 1/2 barefoot then a 6-2 guy should tower over you. I am 6-2 barefoot and I am towering over guys that are your height.

I mean if I am talking to a guy your height up close I am looking with my eyes about down at the middle of the hair. And my head is usually way bigger than most guys, so even it is more exaggerated than that if you saw it in a picture like that it should be way noticeable.

I know because I have plenty of friends that are like 5-10, 5-11, 6-0 and they are not anywhere close to my height in a picture like that if tey stood next to me.

So my conclusion is those NBA heights are crazy inflated.
    VSpan still sucked shit in the NBA