Serious playground baller

Default Re: Charlotte Hornets Bandwagon Thread

Bout damn time.

I'm gonna rep OP.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    People got the hawks over the knicks for next season? come on

this thread wasnt about the knicks at all smh.

but yes the hawks will be better than the knicks. just like they were last year without horford.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    When I was a kid, I had a bunch of Charlotte Hornets gear because I thought the colors were cool. LJJ, Zo, Mugsy! Then, they moved to New Orleans. Once they came back and the Bobcats and were awful and boring, it was like

Then last year, I started watching them again on League Pass. They were really interesting to watch. Playing good defense, and Big Al was an absolute beast in the post. Everybody knew what he was going to do, but it didn't stop him from setting up shop and going to work in the post. However, even with Big Al feasting, this team just couldn't score most of the time. Big Al saw a lot of double and triple teams, and the rest of the team just couldn't reliably make their own shot outside of Kemba.

Now the Hornets are back! The purple and teal! And they have been making some good moves! Lance Stephenson is just what the team needed, and I was hoping at the beginning of the off-season that Charlotte would sign him. I'm not a fan of the Marvin Williams deal, but he is apparently a "stretch 4", so he should be able to fill in for McBob. I liked McBob when he was on the Lakers, and I wish the Hornets could have kept him, but not at the price that Miami paid to sign him.

Barring major injury, the Hornets should improve and be Top 4 in the East next year.

1. Cleveland (with Love)
    2. Chicago (assuming D-Rose stays healthy...big IF)
    3. Washington (they should improve this year; Wittman being the limiting factor here)
    4. CHARLOTTE
    yea they had the best jerseys and logo for sure. Fun players, too.

Gill tho.

-Smak

Wizards and Hornets are two of the reasons I'm upping League Pass this season. When the Celtics suck, its fun to watch teams who are turning the corner and trying to fight for theirs.