Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: How is Scott Brooks not considered an elite coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were all top 4 picks...Durant was pretty much penciled in as a scoring champ before he even played a minute in the NBA. Was Lebron developed into the player he is today because of the brilliance of Paul Silas, Brendan Malone, and Mike Brown?
    Westbrook was not supposed to be what he is today...He wasn't viewed as anything close to a superstar before the draft...So yeah Brooks deserves credit for helping to develop him (i believe even westbrook has said he Brooks has been a great teacher to him)...

Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were all top 4 picks. Was Lebron developed into the player he was today because of the brilliance of Paul Silas, Brendan Malone, and Mike Brown?
    no, you cannot compare them at all. Lebron James was hyped up to be the next michael jordan all from high school. We all knew his monstrous strength/speed, great playmaking, monster defense, etc. In the thunders case, they all grew in different ways lebron didn't. Take westbrook for instance, he had the tools, which sam presti obviously knew about but didn't quite have a grasp on it. Westbrook was more of a sg who rarely played point. He did not understand the concepts of running it, nor had any real experience. You telling me brooks did not help him into learning the position? Today, westbrook is so dominant at the point, averaging around 8 assists, some even calling him the best point guard.

OP has dedicated his life to worshipping LeBron James

Some might say that's somewhat pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I understand that as well. Like Spo couldn't stop LeBron from choking in 2011, but he did. Durant had a mediocre playoffs last year especially compared to how he was in the regular season. But I've seen enough Thunder games to say his offensive strategy and rotations are bad.
    you do realize that brooks has been on par if not better than coaches he faces? The thunder are always put in the perfect position to win.

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    OP has dedicated his life to worshipping LeBron James

Some might say that's somewhat pathetic
    except lebron has no relevance to what im saying. Quit trolling.

Banned

Brooks is my favourite coach, he inspires his players and builds trust in them. He can also keep his composure at pressure situations.

OKC wouldnt be NEARLY as dominant without him leading the way

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Westbrook was not supposed to be what he is today...He wasn't viewed as anything close to a superstar before the draft...So yeah Brooks deserves credit for helping to develop him (i believe even westbrook has said he Brooks has been a great teacher to him)...
    Because he busted his ass to get where he is..we really gonna give him zero credit for coming hours early to practice and leaving hours after it ends? The dude is one of the hardest working, most intensely competitive athletes in the world, that has nothing to do with Brooks. Brooks wasn't the one in the weight room, going from a guy who (admittedly) couldn't consistently dunk until his senior year of high school to being the most explosive PG in the world.

And what do you expect Westbrook to say about his coach? "He hasn't taught me jack shit and I deserve all the credit for my success"..?

Because he busted his ass to get where he is..we really gonna give him zero credit for coming hours early to practice and leaving hours after it ends? The dude is one of the hardest working, most intensely competitive athletes in the world, that has nothing to do with Brooks. Brooks wasn't the one in the weight room, going from a guy who (admittedly) couldn't consistently dunk until his senior year of high school to being the most explosive PG in the world.

And what do you expect Westbrook to say about his coach? "He hasn't taught me jack shit and I deserve all the credit for my success"..?
    so you're saying brooks didn't help him into becoming a much more successful PG? You aren't giving him credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    so you're saying brooks didn't help him into becoming a much more successful PG? You aren't giving him credit.
    OKC runs pretty much zero plays outside of back and forth iso ball between Westbrook and Durant. And that somehow means Brooks is developing Westbrook as a PG...Brooks coaching a shit-tier offense (structurally) and getting carried purely by the talent of the roster now = Brooks helping Westbrook.

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    The coach is always the scapegoat for when a super talented team fails to win a title. At the end of the day, the game is ultimately won by players. It's not like the Thunder have been getting blown off the floor by the teams that have eliminated them the past few years. Despite Westbrook's injury in 2013 Brooks had the Thunder in position to sweep Memphis, but Durant just couldn't close the deal. Same thing with the Spurs series this year. Brooks had them in position to at least force a game 7, but Durant couldn't hit an open 3 to tie the game in the final seconds of overtime. The best Brooks can do is put you in position to win, but he can't turn Durant into a closer.
    just saw this post

Without any experience of playing without westbrook, brooks STILL nearly beat the grizzlies. Shows how good he is.

Nevermind all the BS you typed, you mistaken the years in first place.

OKC runs pretty much zero plays outside of back and forth iso ball between Westbrook and Durant. And that somehow means Brooks is developing Westbrook as a PG...Brooks coaching a shit-tier offense (structurally) and getting carried purely by the talent of the roster now = Brooks helping Westbrook.

Ok.
    ignorant thinking. The thunder don't only just run isos, go look at their playbook.

http://www.fip.it/public/41/3533/est...okfinalcut.pdf

ISOs are needed only when everyone is either not playing well, or durant and westbrook are seemingly the best option. Educate yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Nevermind all the BS you typed, you mistaken the years in first place.
    i used the years of when the season started. I should have used the proper actual years though. Got confused cause i remember another thread.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

By this logic you're saying that a Coach has no role ever in developing a player? I don't get what point you're trying to make...Obviously a VAST majority of the credit should go to the player(s)...but that doesn't mean that Brooks doesn't deserve some credit...

Kendrick Perkins is a starter. There is much more, but really nothing else needs to be said.