Default My earliest basketball memory

Is when I was 5 years old in the picture above... The entirety of the memory is foggy but remember looking up at the rim leaning as if it were a skyscraper clearly, it was the first time I took a shot on a 10 foot rim so I excited to prove to my father and myself that I could make it...And that's exactly what I did, somehow managed to bank it in. Sure it wasn't a basketball but it made me fall in love with the game. It's nice being able to have a picture of that exact moment, though I relive the anticipation I felt then every time I put one up today.

What's yours?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: My earliest basketball memory

lol bet u showed ur father that day, dad must've been proud and gloating about his daughter to all his buddies

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    lol bet u showed ur father that day, dad must've been proud and gloating about his daughter to all his buddies
    He was very proud of his little girl

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369

Is when I was 5 years old in the picture above... The entirety of the memory is foggy but remember looking up at the rim leaning as if it were a skyscraper clearly, it was the first time I took a shot on a 10 foot rim so I excited to prove to my father and myself that I could make it...And that's exactly what I did, somehow managed to bank it in. Sure it wasn't a basketball but it made me fall in love with the game. It's nice being able to have a picture of that exact moment, though I relive the anticipation I felt then every time I put one up today.

What's yours?
    I don't think this is the better section if you want serious answers

I can't really recall, i "was born with a ball in my hands".
    My father is coach and the relative that i followed growing up (my cousin) was a player too.

I guess my first bucket in official games is the oldest memory that i will never forget. In a u10 age game, after the ball tip i had the ball in my hands.. dribble to wrong side and shoot a 3 pointer and i made it IN THE WRONG BASKET