Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Most likeable teammate out of the top 10 if you are a role player?

Magic or Russell.

KG

Magic or Bird

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I would say Shaq. He always said he liked getting other players involved and he seems like a fun-loving guy.
    Yet guys like D-Wade, Penny Hardaway, Nick Anderson don't like Shaq.

National High School Star

Nash and Shaq. lots of role players got good contracts because of those 2

NBA rookie of the year

Jason Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I would say Shaq. He always said he liked getting other players involved and he seems like a fun-loving guy.
    Isn't Shaq a notorious asshole who burned bridges with nearly every team he was on? Shit, even on TV he's always acting defensive and looks like he's on the verge of punching whoever disagrees with him.

I'd go with Magic on this one, although he could be a prick sometimes. I remember reading a story where, when he found out AC Green was a virgin due to his religion, Magic hired some hookers to go upstairs and try to screw him. I think Green spent the night reading the Bible to them or something.

Is this a serious question?
    Lebron is the only one who would EVER have players following him to Cleveland of all places.
    And then we have Bosh who risked missing out on a MAX contract cause he wanted to keep playing with Lebron so badly.
    OP really needs to start making threads with less obvious answers.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Isn't Shaq a notorious asshole who burned bridges with nearly every team he was on? Shit, even on TV he's always acting defensive and looks like he's on the verge of punching whoever disagrees with him.

I'd go with Magic on this one, although he could be a prick sometimes. I remember reading a story where, when he found out AC Green was a virgin due to his religion, Magic hired some hookers to go upstairs and try to screw him. I think Green spent the night reading the Bible to them or something.
    It was a bet, Magic had a giant pool going with the Lakers to see how long AC would last without losing his virginity

Magic also was notorious for having sex parties at his house where he'd demand wanna-be actresses/models to perform oral sex on all the male guests. If you weren't partaking he'd make a big scene out of it.

now thinking about it

I think Magic is probably the most friendly to the point where he'd have gangbangs with dudes/possibly teammates, i mean he was THAT into that "chemistry"

then a close 2nd is Duncan, who is a closet homosexual? He's almost like Magic without the physical actions. But no doubt he was thinking about blowing a teammate off. That's why he always has that sinister smile on his face. He's daydreaming.

Like that one time when he got a double technical on the bench from Joey Crawford for smiling. He was prolly dreaming about getting it in with a teammate. Then he got a tech was like "wtf what does a man have to do for some gay thoughts around here. Fine just eject me so i can go wank it."

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Didn't Duncan straight up ignore some of his teammates for like a year?

Magic or Hakeem.
    Actually, it was just Parker. It was strictly off the court, because he and Tim had nothing to communicate about. Parker said he got it because of how quiet Tim was. He didn't once say he hated/liked him less for it.

Aside from Russell/Magic, I haven't seen teammates rave about a guy as much as they do Duncan.

That's my top 3.

NBA sixth man of the year

I dunno, Bird or Magic seem like they would really get in your face and curse you out if you keep messing up. Shaq doesn't seem to be that way though. I've never seen him get in the face of role players and berate them or even get into with anybody on his team during the game. However, Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, etc have all gotten into it with teammates during the game, heated too..

So I'd say Shaq, he seems like very fun dude and won't talk down to you or not pass you the ball because you're a role player. He just does his job and lets the rest take of itself.....

Either him or Duncan.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Magic or Russell.
    Is Russell top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Didn't Duncan straight up ignore some of his teammates for like a year?

Magic or Hakeem.
    Yea tony parker said it publicly (in his french documentary) that during his rookie year Duncan said no more than 10 words to him the entire season. Parker said you had to win his respect in some way shape or form.

Can't speak for others though.

From Kenny's stories and other people around the league, Hakeem was a very likable and honorable guy.