Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: If MJ was on the Heat during the "Big 3" Era.. how many rings do they win?

Can any Jordan mythologist tell me which big man the heat could get for the MLE/minimum ??

I'm waiting

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Re: If MJ was on the Heat during the "Big 3" Era.. how many rings do they win?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    You idiot, when you have three max contacts, you get the best players money can buy. Which means you take on one or two MLE and then MINIMUM contracts.

The Heat have been trying to get quality bigs for years. They played small because putting out Joel Anthony was useless, so they adapted by having Bosh play center.

Jordan is going to be the next biggest guy on the court after Bosh? Good luck with that.
    You can't keep calling me an idiot when your posts make no sense.

The one or two MLE would have been BIGS not friggin Mike Miller when they don't particularly need him with Jordan on the team instead of LeBron.

They would have gotten players that FIT Jordan's weaknesses like Bigs and Defenders. How is this so difficult to grasp dummy?

NBA Superstar

Since Jordan is replacing LeBron, why can't people just address this question via switching Wade out for a small forward of a similar talent level like a Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Can any Jordan mythologist tell me which big man the heat could get for the MLE/minimum ??

I'm waiting

Don't you get bored of the same crap?

Why not go outside, your alts will still here when you get back

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    You can't keep calling me an idiot when your posts make no sense.

The one or two MLE would have been BIGS not friggin Mike Miller when they don't particularly need him with Jordan on the team instead of LeBron.

They would have gotten players that FIT Jordan's weaknesses like Bigs and Defenders. How is this so difficult to grasp dummy?
    Which bigs?

The one or two MLE would have been used on the same people. The Heat got the best players they could for the price they could afford.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Yes. Why would I predict him to win any other year when you are forcing Jordan to play pf? Does that even make sense? Lebron leads the Heat in points, rebounds, assist, and fg% and you think you can replace him and get the same results? Jordan is the GOAT, but he isnt God.

I said 2012 as well, depending on Bosh's health.
    Why does Jordan have to play Lebron's game? Start Wade at PG, Jordan at SG, Miller/Battier/whoever at SF, Bosh at PF, and Andersen or Haslem at C. It's not that difficult to make things work when you have the best player ever on your team at his peak..

And Jordan could easily lead the Heat in all those categories as well except rebounds, except he's an even better defender and even better scorer. They'd lose a bit of Lebron's playmaking (even though MJ averaged more assists with less turnovers during over the same years in the playoffs), but does it really matter that much when the guy replacing him can average 40 in a series?

Lebron was 26-29 during the 4 runs he had with Miami...26-29 year old MJ put up 34/7/7/2/1 on 58% TS in the playoffs...30.0 PER.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 08-14-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Don't you get bored of the same crap?

Why not go outside, your alts will still here when you get back
    Can you answer the fcuking question

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Can you answer the fcuking question
    can you spell??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Why does Jordan have to play Lebron's game? Start Wade at PG, Jordan at SG, Miller/Battier/whoever at SF, Bosh at PF, and Andersen or Haslem at C. It's not that difficult to make things work when you have the best player ever on your team at his peak..

And Jordan could easily lead the Heat in all those categories as well except rebounds, except he's an even better defender and even better scorer. They'd lose a bit of Lebron's playmaking (even though MJ averaged more assists with less turnovers), but does it really matter that much when the guy replacing him can average 40 in a series?

Lebron was 26-29 during the 4 runs he had with Miami...26-29 year old MJ put up 34/7/7/2/1 on 58% TS in the playoffs...30.0 PER.
    Wade at PG

They 3 peat in 2011-2013. Not sure about 14 since the team was pretty weak and the Spurs were so good, but it'd be at least 3 rings in that span if we substitute in 26-29 year old Jordan.

NBA rookie of the year

4/4.

We're talking MJ at roughly the same age? 27-30? No doubt they win every year.

Spurs spanked the Heat because they wanted to avenge their loss from last year, they're not a basketball Ivan Drago or anything, they are really an old team that's past their prime. They need 7 games to beat the 8th seeded Mavericks.

They play good team basketball and take advantage of team's that are mentally soft and don't play well together.

The LeBron led Heat tend to collapse completely when they lose ... they don't just lose in a normal way, we saw that in 2011 as well. The 2011 Mavericks looked liked the 92 Dream Team at the end of that series ... in part because Miami just stops competing when things get too hard for them. It's part of LeBron's personality IMO it filters down to the rest of the team (most teams take on the identity of their leader).

Not enough to beat MJ. If Duncan was in his actual prime then it would be a fair series. But 38/39 year old Duncan + 38 year old Manu + an injured Parker versus any decent team with MJ in his prime? How is this even fair?
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-14-2014 at 08:10 PM.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    fixed.
    You mean the 55 win bulls (without Jordan) PLUS Lebron, would suck? I disagree.

BJ
    Pippen
    LeBron
    Grant
    Cartwright

With Kerr, kukoc and 2 centers on the bench better than anyone LeBron has had as a starter (except for Z)...... Right... And that roster wasn't as good as some of the bulls title rosters minus Jordan, but point is easier illustrated with the team he wasn't on.

I mean I'm not rooting for him anymore but you are a simple hater.

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Had the Heat organization "catered to Lebron's every need" then he wouldn't have left.
    They never got him anyone who could help him out on the glass. They never got him a competent point guard who could assist him in playmaking responsibilities. They never got him a proven coach. Spo is nothing more than an asian Scottie Brooks, who would be a video coordinator for a high school team right now if not for Lebron. Riley gave Lebron a fast declining Wade, an overrated softy in Bosh, and a bunch of washed up one dimensional 3 point shooters.
    You are such a LeBron stan it's beyond argument. No use arguing with somebody who thinks LeBron didn't have EVERY CHANCE to contend for a ring each year in the WEAK.ASS Eastern Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    You are such a LeBron stan it's beyond argument. No use arguing with somebody who thinks LeBron didn't have EVERY CHANCE to contend for a ring each year in the WEAK.ASS Eastern Conference.
    Just what I thought, you can't refute ANY of what I wrote. NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

And Jordan could easily lead the Heat in all those categories as well except rebounds, except he's an even better defender and even better scorer. They'd lose a bit of Lebron's playmaking (even though MJ averaged more assists with less turnovers), but does it really matter that much when the guy replacing him can average 40 in a series?

We are replacing Jordan with Lebron, he doesnt have to play his game but the supporting cast is the same. You really think the Heat wouldnt put Wade, Bosh, Lebron, Anderson and Miller/Battier, if they could get away with it?

You cant start Anderson and Haslem because they arent good for big minutes. This is why Spolestra elects to have only one on the floor at a time and only one gets in a different game. You wont even see Haslem except for maybe two games during a series. If you start Bosh and Anderson together, you have absolutely no rotation bigs left. Which is why the Heat dont do it.

Miami's size problem is solved (not solved because it is stll clearly their weakness), but have they have minimized the effect by having Lebron play the four and creating mismatches on offense and defense with his versatility. Jordan is the GOAT but he isnt God. And no I dont think Jordan is more versatile than Lebron, despite being the obvious better player.

Which is why I said only 2011.

In 2012, Bosh goes out and they have no Chris Anderson that year. Is Michael Jordan or Udonis Halsem really going to replace Lebron's rebounding, or big defense? lol no. Are we assuming Bosh gets hurt in this scenario? I have no idea.

In 2013, when Wade and Bosh were playing like straight garbage, is Michael Jordan really going lead the team in very statistical category? Maybe, but can you really bet on it? No. Is the gap between Jordan and Lebron that big when Lebron is playing at the best of his game like he ws in the Pacers series? Hell no. Maybe you can say they would have done much better in the Finals as Lebron didnt show up till like the last two games.

And then there is 2014. Was Jordan going to single handily stop the Spurs offense? No. Would he have done better than Lebron, sure. Why not.

2011. 2012 maybe. 2013 and 2014? I doubt it.
    Last edited by navy; 08-14-2014 at 08:16 PM.