Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: If MJ was on the Heat during the "Big 3" Era.. how many rings do they win?

[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]
    See, this thread is all me here on ish, and it includes links to a few of my posts at realgm.. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=351356
    [COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-17-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Default Re: If MJ was on the Heat during the "Big 3" Era.. how many rings do they win?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Please.. I've seen you make fun of Bron stans before, whats the deal when its now about Kobe fans? Double standart alert...

Lmfao "whining like a bitch" Dat desperate need to insult

Yea, I did make a thread asking why it was deleted.. Never seen that happen before? Haven't even checked of they responded or deleted it also, don't care about it anymore..
    It had nothing to do with Kobe or Lebron stans dude, it was you spamming a picture of a joke he made....so I asked you what your deal was. You were being a dick, so I asked a question..it's really not that difficult to grasp. Keep twisting it around though.

And now you're breaking down the mechanics of my argument to deflect, passive aggressively not even quoting my posts...if I got to you, just say so

Anyways, I'm done here. Please continue with your "objectivity"......as you eloquently do the same shit Corleone and Dubeta do.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Mj wins from 2011-14 and 14 is a toss up. He would go down fighting instead of looking to be efficient.
    prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    It had nothing to do with Kobe or Lebron stans dude, it was you spamming a picture of a joke he made....so I asked you what your deal was. You were being a dick, so I asked a question..it's really not that difficult to grasp. Keep twisting it around though.

And now you're breaking down the mechanics of my argument to deflect, passive aggressively not even quoting my posts...if I got to you, just say so

Anyways, I'm done here. Please continue with your "objectivity"......as you eloquently do the same shit Corleone and Dubeta do.
    "Passive aggressively not even quoting my posts" ? Dafuq?

Oh I was being a dick? You the internet police now? You're such a saint, right? FOH

Next time, if my "trolling" upsets you, just @ me right there, in that thread..

Mj wins from 2011-14 and 14 is a toss up. He would go down fighting instead of looking to be efficient.
    Plays are easier for teams and players when they have more confidence, optimism, energy, adrenaline, etc... Said another way - momentum... Anytime a team scores twice in a row without an answer from the other team, that can start momentum.

The Heat had the worst offense of any Spurs opponent and this hurt them as much as bad defense - with a horrible offense, they couldn't answer the Spurs scores which only gave the Spurs momentum and made it easier for them to score.

That's the way basketball works - if a team is getting blown out, it isn't JUST because of bad defense.. Obviously, their offense was bad too, and a bad offense that can't score gives momentum to the other team, which makes it harder for the defense... the Heat's offense was easily the worst of any Spurs opponent, so no wonder they had their hands full defensively.

So people don't realize how much difference 6 or 7 more ppg from Lebron would make.. By helping the Heat's offense, it would help their defense too and the way the game progressed.. In Games 1 and 2, Lebron either achieved or was on pace to achieve exactly 35 points on 22 shots, both highs and both achieved when it mattered - and those were the only games Miami had a chance to win.
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-17-2014 at 04:46 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

I think there are plenty of teams the 14 Spurs would lose to. The 2001 Lakers would wreck them for example.

Jordan was able to dial his scoring up to insane levels if needed ... see the 1993 NBA Finals where he averaged 41 ppg for the series. So lets bump his scoring 38 ppg.

Lets put Bosh in his natural position and bump his scoring to about 20 ppg.

Suddenly a lot of the "blowouts" start to narrow.

Not only that, but MJ had a big knack for hitting key baskets at key times to stop the other team from making a big run and keep the Bulls in the game until other players found their shot. This is part of what made the Bulls unbeatable, even if you could disrupt Pippen/Paxson/Grant etc., Jordan would keep the Bulls in the game and then eventually the other guys would start finding their rhythm too and then the whole thing went to sh*t for you.

Jordan is probably the best ever at hitting shots at key moments in a game to "stem the tide" or "turn the tide" of a game.

It wouldn't be the same series with Jordan in, LeBron out. The Heat wouldn't play the same offence for one. Bosh would get more touches if Wade was hurt because MJ doesn't need him to camp at the 3 point line. MJ thrived with bigs that could hit the 8-10 foot jumper though (like Grant), Bosh would do well with Jordan.

14/15 ppg from Wade in the Finals would be just fine for MJ, he only had a third option average 15 ppg in a Finals once for him, that was Kukoc in 98 mostly because of one 30+ point game from Toni that they lost in.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-17-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Very good NBA starter

2011_13 is a gurentee 3 peat.

2011_13 is a gurentee 3 peat.
    1-9

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    I think there are plenty of teams the 14 Spurs would lose to. The 2001 Lakers would wreck them for example.

Jordan was able to dial his scoring up to insane levels if needed ... see the 1993 NBA Finals where he averaged 41 ppg for the series. So lets bump his scoring 38 ppg.

Lets put Bosh in his natural position and bump his scoring to about 20 ppg.

Suddenly a lot of the "blowouts" start to narrow.

Not only that, but MJ had a big knack for hitting key baskets at key times to stop the other team from making a big run and keep the Bulls in the game until other players found their shot. This is part of what made the Bulls unbeatable, even if you could disrupt Pippen/Paxson/Grant etc., Jordan would keep the Bulls in the game and then eventually the other guys would start finding their rhythm too and then the whole thing went to sh*t for you.

Jordan is probably the best ever at hitting shots at key moments in a game to "stem the tide" or "turn the tide" of a game.

It wouldn't be the same series with Jordan in, LeBron out. The Heat wouldn't play the same offence for one. Bosh would get more touches if Wade was hurt because MJ doesn't need him to camp at the 3 point line. MJ thrived with bigs that could hit the 10 foot jumper though (like Grant), Bosh would do well with Jordan.

14/15 ppg from Wade in the Finals would be just fine for MJ, he never had a third option average even 15 ppg even once in any of his six Finals wins.

And that 93' Phoenix team had a better offense than this year's Spurs - that's part of the reason Jordan averaged so much that series - the Bulls had to keep pace offensively to limit Phoenix momentum and keep things manageable for the defense.

This year, Dallas almost beat the Spurs... and OKC didn't have Ibaka for the first two games and took the Spurs to double OT in game 6.

There have been far more dominant champions that only lose one or two games the entire playoffs.

The Spurs looked particularly good against the Heat because the Heat's offense against the Spurs was the worst of any Spurs opponent, which fueled a boiling over of Spurs momentum from unanswered scores... Not surprisingly, the Heat defense couldn't handle the Spurs while shooting blanks on offense.
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-17-2014 at 05:28 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

I think Jordan + Bosh even would be a pretty great combo, Jordan did well with bigs that could hit an open shot from about 7-9 feet away from the basket when he was double/triple teamed. Grant was good at hitting that shot, even Luc Longley was OK at it.

Bosh can hit that shot in his sleep. Plus he can finish at the rim better than Grant or Longley.

29 year old Jordan would demolish Kwahi too. No f*cking contest, but I'd play him on Manu defensively to conserve energy. Bring Ginobli's 14 ppg in the series down to 9-10 ppg, bring Jordan's scoring up to 37-38 ppg, bump Bosh's scoring from 14 ppg to 19 ppg ... suddenly that series begins to narrow/tip in Miami's favor.

The Spurs didn't even "shut down" LeBron, he just voluntarily shut himself down by quitting by the 4th quarter, Jordan would go for 40+ every night if the Spurs were going to oblige him.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-17-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Ha, what a lie - anyone can see that the thread had 4 pages in a just a few hours and half the posters agreed with me.
    sure they did:

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    ya thats me.. mooncheese.. they banned me over there because everyone was commenting on a thread I made about how Lebron's pursuit of shooting efficiency was misguided and ultimately hurt him.

3-peat from 11-13. I'm not sure anyone would have beaten that Spurs team with the way they were playing. Then IDK after that....

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    3-peat from 11-13. I'm not sure anyone would have beaten that Spurs team with the way they were playing. Then IDK after that....
    The Mavs were a game away from beating them in the FIRST ROUND.

Banned

If they were together for 10 years he would go 1-9

so 1 ring maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    The Mavs were a game away from beating them in the FIRST ROUND.
    1-9